December Largemouth

POst reports from those private lakes and ponds. No need to give up the location. Sometimes just knowing they're biting in a region can be a help to others.

December Largemouth

Postby modernist » Dec Sat 02, 2017 8:00 pm

First of all sorry for the subpar photos especially in light of my first meaningful post on this forum but all I had handy was my aging and failing iphone camera. Anyways, this was my only catch today but thats winter I guess. She measured out at 17” on the bump board and hit a Bitsy jig with craw trailer in gin clear water. Saw the take and so glad she beat he much smaller companion to the strike. Released to fight another day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
modernist

Re: December Largemouth

Postby lmz3000 » Dec Sat 02, 2017 8:11 pm

long live the bitsy jig! the best coldwater jig
lmz3000
Pan Fish

Postby jmdog2003 » Dec Sat 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Love it. The coldwater bite is the most rewarding imo.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Dec Sat 02, 2017 9:19 pm

modernist wrote:First of all sorry for the subpar photos especially in light of my first meaningful post on this forum but all I had handy was my aging and failing iphone camera.

Pics are fine! These phones made in the last decade have made point and shoots obsolete and outside of zoom can even outdo some lower end DSLRs.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Dec Sat 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Pics look fine to me. 17” bass is a nice one anytime of year but double bonus points for December. Seeing the bass pick it up had to be exciting as well. I have probably 10-12 different brands of jigs in my jig box but what do I have rigged for tomorrow? A black/blue 1/2oz bitsy flippin bug. Love that compact but heavier package. Good job and keep the posts coming
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby modernist » Dec Mon 04, 2017 8:24 am

I agree with you guys about the Bitsy jig. It has been a great producer for me especially as of late. Also, jmdog I agree with you about the coldwater bite. There is something very rewarding about it even if at times the numbers aren’t there as in other times of the year. It feels as though the fish that are caught were ‘earned’ sort of speak.

I’ll try to be more proactive about posting from here on out. Thanks
modernist

Postby Zenfish » Dec Mon 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Nice healthy looking bass. It's all about the slow and small presentations from here on out for bass.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. -John Buchan
Zenfish
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby tacklebox » Jan Wed 03, 2018 3:51 pm

One of my favorite gigs. Nice bass!
tacklebox
Game Fish

Return to "Private" waters in Illinois