November I hardly knew ye

From the south suburbs to the northwest suburbs, the Des Plaines River provides some excellent fishing opportunities.

November I hardly knew ye

Postby Aux Pleins » Nov Sat 30, 2019 9:05 pm

I didn't target bass once this month :cry: I really should have considering October was my best bass month of the year by far. I just couldn't find the time to get the boats out, had a big painting project at the house and let's face it the weather did nobody any favors this month.

All my outings were from shore. The hit and run kind of outings of an hour or so. 1 lure and 1 rod type outings. I did chase crappies once this month and caught some big slabs, but the numbers were not overwhelming by any standards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Re: November I hardly knew ye

Postby Aux Pleins » Nov Sat 30, 2019 9:05 pm

I should mention I snuck over to the Chicago River System for the crappie. Best luck with 1/16oz and tiny paddle tail minnow. For whatever reason I couldn't get them going on my usual crappie sliders or kalins scrubs.

IMG_20191130_31892.jpg

IMG_20191130_21873.jpg

Back to the Des Plaines and our river cleanup and blockage removal. I caught this frog sunning himself a few days before Thanksgiving.

IMG_20191130_32342.jpg

IMG_20191130_57940.jpg

IMG_20191130_54268.jpg

Our tool shed / boat shed on the banks of the Des Plaines. Basically the garage of a once private home that stood on the property that was eventually torn down after the county purchased the land. The garage is filled with canoes as well.

IMG_20191130_35506.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby joetrain » Dec Sun 01, 2019 5:25 am

Yep life gets in the way of fishing. You probably still caught more fish last month than the average angler.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby jmdog2003 » Dec Sun 01, 2019 8:36 am

I've caught my three largest crappies in the Des Plaines. Haven't really been able to consistently pattern them unfortunately. Good to see the CRS producing some beauties. Some biggun pike you got yourself there too.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby threeats407 » Dec Sun 01, 2019 11:58 am

That chi-kaw-go pedia looks fun.
Making a point to not let fish interrupt my fishing.
threeats407
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Rambler » Dec Mon 02, 2019 7:51 am

#3 of 'The Woods' reminds me of the time my GF (now wife) & I went for a hike at Skokie Lagoons. When we got to the spot where I wanted to hike it was cordoned off by police. We walked around the other side of the lagoon & watched cops - uniformed & plain clothed - pulling 2 or 3 black garbage bags out of the water & looking inside.

Later that night on the news they reported the discovery of a dismembered body. Don't recall if they ever figured out who it was. You never know what you might find out there.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ccorso » Dec Mon 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Nice size on those cannibals
ccorso
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Aux Pleins » Dec Mon 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Rambler wrote:#3 of 'The Woods' reminds me....

I heard the sex becomes less anonymous the more times you go. At least that's what Skifish1 says.

ccorso wrote:Nice size on those cannibals

Those were probably the best 2 of the month. The only "go pro" worthy pike of the month.

threeats407 wrote:That chi-kaw-go pedia looks fun.

Yes, there was some good stuff in it. It came in the Sunday suntimes a couple weeks ago. I kept it, added it to the book shelf. Kudos to the Suntimes for the originality.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby cletedius » Dec Tue 03, 2019 7:40 pm

Good stuff!

Im envious of open water, these days!
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby mike son » Dec Tue 03, 2019 10:19 pm

Sweet! That pike lure is gnarly looking
mike son
Fishing Czar

Postby HEDDONFROG » Dec Fri 06, 2019 12:08 am

Whoa, missed this. Been dealing with mom stuff. November did fly by. Had some of the worst ever group outings in November, so it was easy to forget most of the month. After 4hrs of hard fishing, I actually came close to a skunk on Plainfield, last Friday :shock: Good to see you were still catching some good ones. Like you I had better success on those quick sniper outings. Looks like this weekend could be it for open water for a while
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Des Plaines River