Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Musky in the Des Plaines?

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  wiktor911 
#1 ·
I was at the post office last week and saw a picture a guy was copying. He was holding a 36in Musky, this was taken just west of the old Lemont Rd. Bridge. Has anyone caught a musky here?

#5 ·
jonny2can said:
Yes sir I concur with Aux.. they are in there but more like 1 in a million casts instead of a thousand.. tough to catch in there.. I seen people wade near there between kingery and lemont catching smallmouth, large mouth and pike too.. no idea where they park though?
Canal bank road along the train Bridge right near Lemont rd.

#13 ·
Yes there is. I was fishing flags creek a few years ago and saw a girl catch a 44 on live bait pike fishing. Also by the water treatment plant discharge east of kingery I had a nice follow on top water casting from shore summer 2019. Also seen pictures of people catching fish in the 40's from that spot from local anglers. Also my buddy lost one in the upper 30's February 2018 at flags from shore on a white bucktail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.