Flooded Duper

Excellent fishing opportunities in the western suburbs.

Flooded Duper

Postby daveishere » May Thu 21, 2020 10:15 am

So my goal of startin my Duper fishing adventures this year are starting later then anticipated. Was hoping the long week was going to give me an opportunity to try to get my feet wet, but with all the rain and the flooding is it even worth it? Should I even bother to try, or is now a good time to try and locate the fish with the floods and high waters? I was looking to target the river from downtown Plainfield south, thoughts or encouragement is welcome! :o
daveishere
Minnow

Re: Flooded Duper

Postby jmdog2003 » May Thu 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Bring a life vest. I would hold off if you're a newbie. It will just frustrate you with the high waters. Combine that with a large population of the adult fish being caught somewhere in-between on the spawn, the chances of finding a feeding fish drops even more. That being said, I will be watching gauges very closely ;)
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby jeemoosh » May Thu 21, 2020 9:56 pm

I echo jmdog. I wade those waters frequently. Wait until the Plainfield gauge is about 7-1/2ft. Way too fast right now.
jeemoosh
Minnow

Postby daveishere » May Fri 22, 2020 8:02 am

jmdog2003 wrote:Bring a life vest. I would hold off if you're a newbie. It will just frustrate you with the high waters. Combine that with a large population of the adult fish being caught somewhere in-between on the spawn, the chances of finding a feeding fish drops even more. That being said, I will be watching gauges very closely ;)

jeemoosh wrote:I echo jmdog. I wade those waters frequently. Wait until the Plainfield gauge is about 7-1/2ft. Way too fast right now.

Appreciate the info. Will stick to the ponds for now I guess or just spend the time smoking some meat...... :lol:
daveishere
Minnow

Return to DuPage River