Our first 2 DuPage River smallies

Excellent fishing opportunities in the western suburbs.

Our first 2 DuPage River smallies

Postby ganz1960 » Jun Sun 07, 2020 7:03 pm

I'm visiting Plainfield for awhile. Friday I thought I was the next jmdog when I hooked my first ever DuPage River smallie. Caught from shore using a Roadrunner jig head and a white 3-inch curly tailed grub.

IMG_0460.jpg

But I quickly returned to reality because that was the only one I caught that morning. Saw a bunch of others though, plus a turtle and 2 snakes.

Then today, my friend from Chicago joined me and he caught a nice one, also from shore.

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 6.54.09 PM.png

We saw even more bass than I did on Friday. But none except the one pictured wanted anything to do with our jigs, topwaters, or anything else. In fact, they seemed more scared of them than anything. Plus we saw another turtle and 2 more snakes.

I plan to keep trying this week. We just saw so many bass that it's difficult to pass it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ganz1960
Pan Fish

Re: Our first 2 DuPage River smallies

Postby joetrain » Jun Sun 07, 2020 7:20 pm

The dog would be proud.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Our first 2 DuPage River smallies

Postby jmdog2003 » Jun Sun 07, 2020 7:49 pm

Those are beauties anywhere but well above average for the Dupage. Nicely done! I think they're still correcting from the spawn. The next couple weeks should see them firing all cylinders.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to DuPage River