Switch to full site
Excellent fishing opportunities in the western suburbs.
Forum rules
Post a reply

Here's some dam bass!

Sep Wed 25, 2019 3:48 pm

Got out early.. day was looking to be a wash with the water really stained and weather being cloudy. About to give up but figured try the dam in naperville and it produced as soon as the sun popped out in early afternoon. A 15" two pound smallie nailed my paddle tail right below the dam. It ran down the current which ruined the fun of the catch but it was good to get out of the skunk. Same spot got a pounder large mouth few casts later. On the way home figured I would wade a little underneath the greau mill salt creek dam and pulled out 9 or so small largies smack in the middle of the creek just under the dam. All fish were hook perfectly and released healthy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Here's some dam bass!

Sep Wed 25, 2019 4:02 pm

DAM.
~JOE~

Sep Wed 25, 2019 4:58 pm

Nice dam fish 2can

Sep Wed 25, 2019 5:03 pm

Well hot dam, nice fish

Sep Wed 25, 2019 5:34 pm

I'll be damned...

Sep Wed 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Nice fish. I live near graue mill and fished the dam twice this year. Could of swore I hooked a walleye on a chatterbait but it popped off nearly instantly at the surface.

Sep Wed 25, 2019 10:47 pm

Never seen that damn in the ville before.

Sep Thu 26, 2019 12:42 am

mike son wrote:Nice fish. I live near graue mill and fished the dam twice this year. Could of swore I hooked a walleye on a chatterbait but it popped off nearly instantly at the surface.
From a few people fishing there I know small pike are being caught there and people saying small musky as well but could be people just identifying pike as musky.. I was surprised how healthy these little large mouth looked in there so could be possible with musky and walleye.

Sep Thu 26, 2019 7:54 am

Spot hoping in the burbs is the best way to bass.

mike son wrote:Nice fish. I live near graue mill and fished the dam twice this year. Could of swore I hooked a walleye on a chatterbait but it popped off nearly instantly at the surface.

Probably, I used to fish there a lot before I moved up to Gurnee. Walleye, Bass, Pike, & Musky will hang out there time to time.
Post a reply