Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Plainfield Saturday Morning

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Rambler 
#1 ·
A beautiful morning on the duper. Caught under the rt 59 bridge on a 3 inch craw. First catch of 2021 and a nice start to the day.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Nice fish! What a little fatty!

Last year was my first time fishing the Duper. I found it tough to figure out (I never did), but also rewarding at times.

I was there for several weeks in May and June. I caught several from shore at West Electric Park and Riverview Park.

I also saw several bass holding in the current facing upstream where Lockport St crosses the river. I could stand on Lockport and look down at the river and see all these fish. I threw everything I had at them, but couldn't get a single one to show any interest ever.

Good luck with it this year! Looking forward to reading where you find success.

#7 ·
The first fish I caught when I moved here was a 4 inch smallie out of the Dupage at knoch knolls on my then 2 year olds toy zebco. Then nothing for 3 years, although I didn't fish it much during that time. Moved to Plainfield almost 2 years ago and have had much more success. Just keep fishin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.