Thugs are back

There are seemingly endless amounts of rivers, creeks and their tributaries throughout northeast Illinois.

Thugs are back

Postby catchafew » Apr Wed 29, 2020 7:10 pm

Thugs took over Hollister today, hopefully the eyes will be back but river was way up today, a good foot since yesterday.

Same process over the past few days mentioned on my other post with throwing heavy stuff first to put down the musky and come back with rock bass type jigs to have some fun.

Nothing at first with heavy stuff and I then threw jigs and twister tails. I must have foul hooked a musky as some large fish was taking my drag and jig out for a leisurely 5 second stroll. I batted clean up with a Jake over the same water and produced these miscreants.

I'll be back.

20200429_162539.jpg

20200429_190117.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Thugs are back

Postby joetrain » Apr Wed 29, 2020 7:20 pm

Those bums ruining your walleye water!
Musky are cool looking fish.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Apr Wed 29, 2020 8:16 pm

That redhorse patterned Jake is also in my arsenal. Cool stuff man. Nice river outing.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby HEDDONFROG » Apr Thu 30, 2020 1:11 am

One of the highlights of the board is when your spots catch fire. Beautiful Ski’s
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Apr Thu 30, 2020 7:35 am

They allowing us IL people up there yet?! Awesome fish per usual!!
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby vman01 » Apr Thu 30, 2020 11:08 am

That is some nice fishing up there. Great toothy fish
vman01
Fishing Czar

Postby catchafew » Apr Thu 30, 2020 11:41 am

polishfly wrote:They allowing us IL people up there yet?!

My gf's son got pulled over because he has out of state plate and he lives on the Wisconsin/UP border. Likely he got pulled over because he was in non critical area (not at Walmart, store or place of employment). There are snide comments going on about out of state plates being seen up here, likely out of state people going to camps and 2nd homes when this first started.

Take the U-505 up lake Michigan to the mouth of the Congo, about a two day trip submerged. Then take a zodiac boat at night up river for three days. Bring a combo dry from Johnny's on North ave and ask the natives if they know where can find Kurtz.

Idk to be honest, how serious LEO's are about enforcing it but Wisconsin have always had a hard on for pulling fibs over from headlights to speeding.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » May Mon 04, 2020 8:24 am

catchafew wrote:
polishfly wrote:They allowing us IL people up there yet?!

My gf's son got pulled over because he has out of state plate and he lives on the Wisconsin/UP border. Likely he got pulled over because he was in non critical area (not at Walmart, store or place of employment). There are snide comments going on about out of state plates being seen up here, likely out of state people going to camps and 2nd homes when this first started.

Take the U-505 up lake Michigan to the mouth of the Congo, about a two day trip submerged. Then take a zodiac boat at night up river for three days. Bring a combo dry from Johnny's on North ave and ask the natives if they know where can find Kurtz.

Idk to be honest, how serious LEO's are about enforcing it but Wisconsin have always had a hard on for pulling fibs over from headlights to speeding.

I heard they opened back up from my mountainbiking community...but those guys stay quite south. Hopefully my August week of camping will still be doable in the north woods.
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby jmdog2003 » May Mon 04, 2020 9:31 am

She's gorgeous. Ohhh man, I'm longing for a musky hunt. Our freakin Labor Day trip is already in jeopardy.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Rivers/Tributaries