Coywolves

Venturing into the great outdoors throughout Chicagoland. More that just fishing - hiking, biking, nature trails, nature centers, geocaching, sights to see, etc., etc.

Coywolves

Postby Brett » Mar Fri 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Coywolves

Postby Rambler » Mar Sat 04, 2017 10:56 am

Good one Brett. I'm surprise they didn't mention the fact that coywolves hunt in packs like wolves.

In fact several years ago a young woman was attacked and killed (and if memory serves partially eaten) by a pack of what turned out to be coywolves on a well-used trail just off the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, NS. Authorities weren't sure exactly what happened until they trapped one & did a DNA test that showed it was a hybrid. They surmised she had been confronted by the pack and had made the cardinal mistake when encountering predators - she ran.

This happened just a year or so after we hiked that trail. I suspect that if my wife knew about the presence of coywolves she might not have gone along with it all. That would have been too bad since the view is outstanding. BTW - if you go there be sure to take warm clothes - even in the summer. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Coywolves

Postby Rich D » Mar Sat 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Great read, Brett. Thanks for sharing.
Rich D
Fishing Fanatic

Return to Chicago Outdoors & More