PB Grass Carp

This is the place to post your big fish, best fish, proud catches, etc. No reports or fishing questions please. Just post, brag, or be proud.
Forum rules
Insults, hazing, and poor manners will NOT be tolerated on this forum. This is a place to display pictures of some of the fish you are most proud of.

PB Grass Carp

Postby JB » Apr Sat 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Given the fact that this is the only grass carp I've ever caught it is easily my Personal Best :D . I was out hitting a subdivision looking for bass using an ultralight rod with jig and twister. In doing so I hooked in the mouth oddly enough this beast below. Now I know that grass carp don't normally chase anything but this cast was spot on. I'd have to say it took me twenty minutes to tire him out and as you could imagine this fish made multiple runs burning the drag. I wasn't sure how I was going to lift him up the bank once landed. A neighborhood kid was there at the time and offered to grab him out of the water. Well he did exactly that. Bear hug and all he grabbed hold and brought him up for a quick pic. This was probably 10 years ago so I dont recall the numbers but i want to say he was 30lbs + and like 3'. I'm 5' 10' so it gives you kind of an idea.

OBCarp5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To fish or not to fish......that's a stupid question.
JB
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: PB Grass Carp

Postby jmdog2003 » Apr Sat 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Good God man. That thing is holding you!
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby fatgordo » Apr Sat 30, 2016 5:06 pm

thats awesome. love the way ur holding it
fatgordo
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Zenfish » Apr Sat 30, 2016 5:11 pm

That's a frackin' big carp.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. -John Buchan
Zenfish
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Busse Jim » Apr Sat 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Hall of fame for sure :clap:
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » Apr Sat 30, 2016 8:26 pm

That is a beast! Must have been one of the longest 20 minutes of your life!
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Apr Sat 30, 2016 9:07 pm

Lmao, frigging heffer!
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby coyote » May Sun 01, 2016 4:49 am

Great stuff......how did she taste?
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ohoffm » May Sun 01, 2016 6:35 am

Epic fight and fish. Interesting that it was not foul hooked being a grass carp.
The easiest way is rarely the best way
ohoffm
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby EAS » May Sun 01, 2016 11:17 am

Nice. What type of line did you have on? A fish of that size sure will test your patience and your gear. You had a lot of skill + some luck to land that beast from shore.
EAS

Postby RonG » May Sun 01, 2016 12:25 pm

One could put their back out with that thing. You look like you are in pain. :shock:
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby JB » May Mon 02, 2016 9:35 pm

LOL yeah that thing was a surprise for sure. I knew there were grass carp in the pond but never targeted them. The pond at the time had bass and Mr Carp decided he was ready for some solid edibles I guess. I believe i was using six lb test and an ultralight. It had to be mad luck on hooking him on the mouth by chance no less. Now as far as landing him that was pure skill :lol: and alot of patience. Coyote I did not eat him....I'm not much of a carp fan to start with and I can only imagine what a fish that size would taste like. That's alot of years of skimming the pond packed in to that fish. I want to say that 37 comes to mind in terms of poundage. No shit. I really believe that was the weight. I didn't right it down but somehow that number stands out.
To fish or not to fish......that's a stupid question.
JB
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to WCF Hall of Fame