Switch to full site
This is the place to post your big fish, best fish, proud catches, etc. No reports or fishing questions please. Just post, brag, or be proud.

Forum rules

Insults, hazing, and poor manners will NOT be tolerated on this forum. This is a place to display pictures of some of the fish you are most proud of.
Post a reply

Winter Gator

Mar Fri 05, 2021 2:31 pm

Caught using one of those Livingston "talking lures" . Headhunter is the name I believe. Pike had that healthy late winter prespawn build. In the kayak, in a couple feet of water next to a few fallen tree limbs. What a gas!

Screenshot_20210305-132454_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-132517_Gallery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Winter Gator

Mar Fri 05, 2021 2:49 pm

Stop making satanic gestures and maybe you wouldn't fall out of the kayak.

Mar Fri 05, 2021 3:37 pm

As always, amazing fish Aux!

Mar Fri 05, 2021 3:38 pm

Awesome! What a fish.

Never heard of a Livingston "talking lure". I'll have to do some research on it.

Mar Fri 05, 2021 4:04 pm

Nice gator Aux!

Mar Fri 05, 2021 4:22 pm

Boy, that thing is fat! If you don't mind me asking - what rod length do you prefer for the tighter spots on the river?

Mar Fri 05, 2021 4:45 pm

Beautiful!

Mar Fri 05, 2021 4:57 pm

well im never putting my toes in the water again

Mar Fri 05, 2021 5:31 pm

Brett wrote:Stop making satanic gestures and maybe you wouldn't fall out of the kayak.

Lmfao. I've gone 2 outings in a row without falling once. Thank you lucifer!

Mar Fri 05, 2021 5:38 pm

Grain wrote:Boy, that thing is fat! If you don't mind me asking - what rod length do you prefer for the tighter spots on the river?

I pretty much use long rods for everything. Usually when pike fishing both rods are 7'6". Longer rod longer casts, easier casts, etc. I really don't have problems with tight spots. What i mean by that is, if I can't cast there with my 7ft+ rod, probably couldn't cast there with a 6ft. And what fun would that be anyway :lol: Even while shore fishing, its nice to cast to the other bank with ease.

Mar Sat 06, 2021 10:26 am

What a beast! Def HOF material

Mar Sun 07, 2021 9:44 am

Sweeeet! That's a beautiful toothy right there.

Mar Sun 07, 2021 11:03 am

That's one mighty purty fish.

Mar Sun 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Outstanding Aux! Hearing the mention of Livingston Lures instantly reminds me of John Gillespie fishing with Pete Maina, and John's not-so-subtle marketing technique of asking what lure he's using every two minutes :roll:

Mar Sun 07, 2021 2:51 pm

ccorso wrote:Hearing the mention of Livingston Lures instantly reminds me of John Gillespie fishing with Pete Maina, and John's not-so-subtle marketing technique of asking what lure he's using every two minutes

Get the Frabill!

Mar Sun 07, 2021 5:13 pm

Beast.

Mar Sun 07, 2021 8:10 pm

You owe me Culvers Deluxe single and Fries. Vanilla Malt.

Mar Sun 07, 2021 9:29 pm

Oof that's an apex predator in just about any freshwater system. And a real trophy here.

Mar Mon 08, 2021 10:39 am

Dont get on the Site much anymore but i know to look for Pike from you nice Job AUX

Mar Mon 08, 2021 10:52 am

Rambler wrote:
ccorso wrote:Hearing the mention of Livingston Lures instantly reminds me of John Gillespie fishing with Pete Maina, and John's not-so-subtle marketing technique of asking what lure he's using every two minutes

Get the Frabill!

I think he forgot to bring the frabill a couple times and they dropped him as a sponsor. now it's get the Clam!

Mar Tue 09, 2021 8:44 am

Yeah, but either way I get tired of all the shameless product plugging he and most other fishing show hosts engage in.

Mar Tue 09, 2021 10:08 am

Great fish, looks super healthy. Nice job Aux. Those old girls should be about ready to start dropping eggs any day now eh?

Mar Tue 09, 2021 2:21 pm

SpecialEd wrote:Great fish, looks super healthy. Nice job Aux. Those old girls should be about ready to start dropping eggs any day now eh?

I'm sure that stuff is definitely going on in some sunny shallow grassy weedy areas in this weather.

I gotta defend Gillespie. Although he may be so unpleasant he makes babies cry in the next room, his show is far and above the rest of the fishing shows I've come across. Always current, 50 shows a year, always forgets something. Always makes a bonehead mistake. Always gets yelled at by Pete or the guides. And it's all local. Very entertaining.

Mar Wed 10, 2021 8:35 am

All good points Aux but I'll he's been 'accidentally' knocked overboards when the camera's not rolling. :D

Mar Fri 12, 2021 1:30 pm

Damn, what a beast! Looking at that just makes my Spring fever that much worse! Awesome catch.

Mar Mon 15, 2021 10:59 pm

Nice fish
Post a reply