anything for sale?

Kayaking is more popular than ever! Here's your place to discuss all things kayak - rigging, equipment, outings, etc.

anything for sale?

Postby billebob5 » Mar Wed 08, 2017 4:48 pm

so before I go out and spend a bunch of money on something I'm not sure I'll 100% like (who am I kidding) and piss of the wife at the same time....... does anyone have a 10-12 foot SOT yak for sale this spring?

Looking to test the waters this year.

I'm NOT going on lake michigan. I would be going on the fox and maybe blackwell or somewhere like that.

thanks!!
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Re: anything for sale?

Postby Bassin' Ted » Mar Wed 08, 2017 7:32 pm

I am selling my Wilderness Systems Ride 115X

I have used it 6 times. It comes with a paddle. Excellent condition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AufzYRGrwrI

Paid $1150

$900
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Ryguy83 » Mar Wed 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Ted - curious as to why you are getting rid of it? I am in the market too and was interested to hear thoughts on this rig?
Ryguy83
Fishing Fanatic

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Ryguy83 wrote:Ted - curious as to why you are getting rid of it? I am in the market too and was interested to hear thoughts on this rig?

I'll give you mine. :lol:

It's excellent quality and a great fishing kayak. When I decided to upgrade to a SOT, I did a lot of research and had it narrowed down to either the Ocean Trident Prowler or the WS Ride. A great deal popped up on a Prowler first and that's what I got. (technically, a great deal popped up on a Wilderness Tarpon on Craigs first, but someone beat me to it). My first yak was a Wilderness and they make great boats.
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Mar Thu 09, 2017 5:47 am

Ryguy83 wrote:Ted - curious as to why you are getting rid of it? I am in the market too and was interested to hear thoughts on this rig?

The reason I am selling is that I just don't use it. It's been sitting in my garage for the last year collecting dust. I have a boat and I always prefer to go fishing out of my boat instead of my kayak.

To be honest, I don't really know enough about kayaks to give you a comprehensive review other than to say that it is a very comfortable kayak and very stable. When I bought this a couple years ago I did a lot of research and it drew rave reviews.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Ryguy83 » Mar Thu 09, 2017 8:43 am

RonG wrote:

I'll give you mine. :lol:

It's excellent quality and a great fishing kayak. When I decided to upgrade to a SOT, I did a lot of research and had it narrowed down to either the Ocean Trident Prowler or the WS Ride. A great deal popped up on a Prowler first and that's what I got. (technically, a great deal popped up on a Wilderness Tarpon on Craigs first, but someone beat me to it). My first yak was a Wilderness and they make great boats.

Are you selling one as well? My question would be : I have a 2014 Honda Accord. Is this thing light enough to throw on the roof to go fish with or would I have to buy a trailer or something similar to hall the sucker around?
Ryguy83
Fishing Fanatic

Postby billebob5 » Mar Thu 09, 2017 9:46 am

RonG - what kind do you have now? I'm not following you. Prowler? Is that what you have?
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » Mar Thu 09, 2017 10:45 am

Ryguy83 wrote:Are you selling one as well? My question would be : I have a 2014 Honda Accord. Is this thing light enough to throw on the roof to go fish with or would I have to buy a trailer or something similar to hall the sucker around?

No, nothing for sale here. As long as you can lift it, the Accord should handle it. I put my 13' yak on my Honda Accord. You can buy (or build) some kind of roller to get it on the roof easier.

billebob5 wrote:RonG - what kind do you have now? I'm not following you. Prowler? Is that what you have?

Yes, Ocean Trident Prowler 13. I mainly bought because it has full-lengh rod storage below deck. Fishing in LM and getting caught in 6' waves and making a crash landing pushed me in that direction. I can put all my rods and most gear inside if the seas get rough again. For normal use, I can have a couple rods out and several more down inside, pre-rigged for something else. I often fish for crappies and bass on the same voyage, so often 2 ULs in addition to the bass rods.
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby billebob5 » Mar Fri 10, 2017 10:37 am

Anyone rolling in a Sea Vibe Ghost? They look sweet and feature rich. Little out of my range.......
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » Mar Fri 10, 2017 10:52 am

billebob5 wrote:Anyone rolling in a Sea Vibe Ghost? They look sweet and feature rich. Little out of my range.......

No, but Ocean should sue them for copying their Tetra model.

Check out seller, adventure1609, on ebay. They have lots of closeouts and factory 2nds. I got a great price, free shipping and no sales tax. I've had my factory 2nd (blemished) for 8 years now and still have to find the blemish. I've given up...and don't think there ever was one.
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby billebob5 » Mar Fri 10, 2017 11:08 am

you da man
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby WaterGuy » Mar Fri 10, 2017 11:21 am

Check out Rocktown Adventures in Aurora. I think you might be able to rent a kayak for a day. I believe they have some used yaks as well.
WaterGuy
2013 WCF Fantasy Football Champion

Postby Rambler » Mar Fri 10, 2017 2:30 pm

WaterGuy wrote:Check out Rocktown Adventures in Aurora. I think you might be able to rent a kayak for a day. I believe they have some used yaks as well.

Here's another one - Kayak Morris: http://www.kayakmorris.com/ They rent and I believe they sell used gear at the end of every seaon.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby billebob5 » Mar Sun 12, 2017 10:52 am

:thumbup: :thumbup:
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby DjGruv » Mar Sun 12, 2017 8:49 pm

I posted a prowler 13 on the trading post. Pics are up
DjGruv
Pan Fish

Postby DjGruv » Mar Tue 14, 2017 4:47 pm

2015 prowler 13 ..........................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DjGruv
Pan Fish

Return to Kayaking