What are you guys using for battery boxes?

Kayaking is more popular than ever! Here's your place to discuss all things kayak - rigging, equipment, outings, etc.

What are you guys using for battery boxes?

Postby big jay » Dec Thu 21, 2017 7:13 pm

What kind of battery boxes are you guys using on your yaks. I would also appreciate links and pictures I want to start rigging my yak next week. 1st order on the list is sonar install.
big jay
Game Fish

Re: What are you guys using for battery boxes?

Postby RonG » Dec Thu 21, 2017 8:17 pm

I use my sonar pod compartment.

DSCF1436.jpg

DSCF1437.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby polishfly » Dec Thu 21, 2017 11:51 pm

This is my mod for my Feel Free kayak. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=88466

My buddy ZenFish used a large (relatively speaking) waterproof box from Walmart/Dicks for his yak with the head unit mount right on the lid of the box. Many options. Where are you looking to put your battery? If possible I recommend adding an outlet for charging so you don't have to fiddle with removing the battery from the box to charge. I would be happy to offer pointers or what have you.
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Dec Fri 22, 2017 4:06 am

download (1).jpg

Bass Pro Power Pack. Easiest plug and play set up. Even comes with a car charger to recharge on the drive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby big jay » Dec Fri 22, 2017 8:29 am

polishfly wrote:This is my mod for my Feel Free kayak. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=88466

My buddy ZenFish used a large (relatively speaking) waterproof box from Walmart/Dicks for his yak with the head unit mount right on the lid of the box. Many options. Where are you looking to put your battery? If possible I recommend adding an outlet for charging so you don't have to fiddle with removing the battery from the box to charge. I would be happy to offer pointers or what have you.

The kayak is a lifetime tamarack angler 120. I'm not sure where I'm going to mount the sonar yet.my wife is giving me the sonar for Christmas that's when I can start playing with it. I'm thinking about mounting a small box inside the kayak for the battery.
big jay
Game Fish

Postby Darkstar72 » Dec Fri 22, 2017 11:27 am

big jay wrote:
polishfly wrote:This is my mod for my Feel Free kayak. https://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/ ... 15&t=88466

The kayak is a lifetime tamarack angler 120. I'm not sure where I'm going to mount the sonar yet.my wife is giving me the sonar for Christmas that's when I can start playing with it. I'm thinking about mounting a small box inside the kayak for the battery.

On my Lifetime SOT I put the battery in the hull-hole in front of the seating position. I didn't battery box it but kept the cover on and ran my power through the hull where I mounted the sonar unit. I had a RAM transducer arm....kinda hated it as it picked up weeds and generally got in the way. I'm guessing you could just shoot through the hull and get good sonar, you'd just read water temps a little higher than they really are due to the warmth from the sun shining on the yak.
Darkstar72
Fishing Czar

Return to Kayaking