Chicago Fishing Forum banner

New Hobie fishing kayak

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  HEDDONFROG 
#1 ·
Hobie just came out with a new kayak that was not in their original 2019 lineup and is really interesting.

It is called the Passport and it is a 10.5' long thermoform (as opposed to rotomolded polyethylene).

It is in interesting in that the thermoform construction and stripped down features makes it light weight and affordable for a peddle yak. The list price is like $1300 bucks and weight is 65# without drive and 75# with.

Most smaller peddle yaks come in at 90lb+ and $2k+ in costs.

Durability and flex is obviously a concern with the thermoform, be interesting to see reviews as people start to buy.

https://www.hobie.com/kayaks/mirage-passport/

#3 ·
Aux Pleins said:
Hopefully all kayaks eventually come down in price kind of like flat screens have. Anyone remember seeing the first few Flat Screen flat panel TVs that were in the 10k neighborhood when they came out? Now u can get a 50inch for $300. :roll:
Hell, I'd pay $10,000 for a 10" ;) sorry filling in for Phil. He's busy at work

#4 ·
HEDDONFROG said:
Aux Pleins said:
Hopefully all kayaks eventually come down in price kind of like flat screens have. Anyone remember seeing the first few Flat Screen flat panel TVs that were in the 10k neighborhood when they came out? Now u can get a 50inch for $300. :roll:
Hell, I'd pay $10,000 for a 10" ;) sorry filling in for Phil. He's busy at work
Thanks for Philling in for me

#8 ·
mike son said:
cjnewton said:
I have a 10-year-old Outback that's gotten heavier each year for the past ten. It got a LOT heavier when I turned 50. And I have to get it on top of a Toyota Sienna. I'm going to check out the lighter version.
Woah a new guy. I thought it was impossible to sign up on wcf
They got that fixed. If you login from a desktop or laptop, there are a bunch of new sign ups.

Btw CJNewton, welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.