Large Numbers Fish Opeka

Your experiences in the great outdoors is not limited to just fishing. From time to time you may capture a photo of a lifetime - or just a cool shot. Share your photography here.

Large Numbers Fish Opeka

Postby minstrel » Apr Tue 04, 2017 10:36 pm

Yeah that headline can be used any day of the summer, but this was numbers of waterfowl today and unbelievably my little pocket camera's zoom didn't just make unrecognizable blobs of the 'diving ducks' working Opeka today.

I actually thought they were loons as they have similar coloring but teh innernets tell me they were Red-Breasted Mergansers. It was quite a sight to see them stretched nearly shore to shore at Opeka. I got this when they swooped closer to me (click and you can see them pretty clearly):

mergansers.jpg

This is the first year I've seen them, usually just a couple as they stick out from the ducks being about another half time as large and then the feathers that stand up on theor heads. There were very easily 50+ in this flock. It was more crowded out there than Axe during the Trout Opener. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
minstrel
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Large Numbers Fish Opeka

Postby FISHdank » Apr Wed 05, 2017 7:47 am

Pretty cool, i actually have seen loons at opeka
I hate being bipolar, its awesome!
FISHdank
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby globb4 » Apr Wed 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Nice. Loons I believe will only be in pairs and each lake will only have one pair. Unless the lake is big enough so that they are far enough away from each other
globb4
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Aux Pleins » Apr Wed 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Good ole O'
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Return to Photography