COLD!!

Your experiences in the great outdoors is not limited to just fishing. From time to time you may capture a photo of a lifetime - or just a cool shot. Share your photography here.

COLD!!

Postby Rambler » Jan Sat 06, 2018 10:55 am

Took a brief early morning walk by the DPR. Had to visit the governor - no fun in this weather.

Reminded me of a Winter backpack trip I took with a business colleague in the Rocky Mtn Nat. Park in '93. We had a conference in Denver so we went out early & got up into the mountains. He was the only guy I ever worked with who was crazier than me about the outdoors. While we hiked huge snowflakes fell. It was so cool.

Hiked up Forest Canyon & spent a very cold night up there. In the middle of the night I had to take a wiz so I got my boots on & walked a few feet from the tent. Fully expected to find a midair frozen arch of piss in the morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: COLD!!

Postby Woohoodude11 » Jan Sat 06, 2018 11:34 am

The mental image of a frozen midair arch of piss is breathtaking :lol:

BTW, your watermark needs some Updating :wink:
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jan Sat 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Woohoodude11 wrote:The mental image of a frozen midair arch of piss is breathtaking :lol:

BTW, your watermark needs some Updating :wink:

Glad you like the imagery.

At my age the years go by fast & I move slow. So it takes until around March for me to figure out it ain't the same year no more. :D Thanks for pointing it out.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Jan Mon 08, 2018 11:27 am

Love that last picture. Nothing quite like a mountain stream in winter.
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Fishing Czar

Return to Photography