Watercolors

Your experiences in the great outdoors is not limited to just fishing. From time to time you may capture a photo of a lifetime - or just a cool shot. Share your photography here.

Watercolors

Postby CBatt2 » Jun Thu 21, 2018 6:21 pm

KankRat,
Tried to add these pics under your last photo-post, but "upload attachment" button didn't seem to be there.

Anyway, here are a few watercolors I've done over the years. Was looking for a hummingbird that I liked, but it is currently among the missing.

Hope these show up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CBatt2
Minnow

Re: Watercolors

Postby mack » Jun Fri 22, 2018 7:26 am

Nice work, the detail looks great!
mack
Game Fish

Postby Rambler » Jun Fri 22, 2018 7:29 am

Great art.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby CBatt2 » Jun Fri 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback! The ironic thing, is that I started fishing when I was 3 yrs. old and have never done a painting of a fish. (The majority of my stuff is wildlife and portraits.) Maybe I'll start on something with fins for a change of pace. Brook trout for looks, but bowfin have the ugly coolness factor. Will ponder.
CBatt2
Minnow

Postby KankRat » Jun Fri 22, 2018 5:34 pm

VERY NICE! These deserve their own thread.
Is number 1 at the Lincoln Park Conservatory?
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby CBatt2 » Jun Fri 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Thanks much, and yes, it's the first thing you see when you walk in. If I remember correctly, Frederick Hibbard was the sculptor. Plan to do a rendering of the orchid room/koi pond statue as well.
CBatt2
Minnow

Postby jmdog2003 » Jun Fri 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Very cool man. Incredible talent :clap:
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby KankRat » Jun Sat 23, 2018 7:19 am

CBatt2 wrote:Thanks much, and yes, it's the first thing you see when you walk in. If I remember correctly, Frederick Hibbard was the sculptor. Plan to do a rendering of the orchid room/koi pond statue as well.

That place is beautiful.
My brother, sister and I could all draw fairly well. All three of us painted, my brother is gone, I am completely rusty, my older sister still carries the torch, painting avidly. I used to paint oils but I really like water color. However I was just terrible at it. Seems like you really need a serious plan on how you are going to go about it.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Return to Photography