Sag quarry finally! 6/15

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Sag quarry finally! 6/15

Postby jonny2can » Jun Mon 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Finally open and got out early this morning. Walked about 90% of the outer shoreline of the East quarry. Except the island that requires a walk across the logs which I always chicken out in fear of taking a swim. Weeds and cover is getting fairly thick. By end of the month my guess is it will only be frog fishing except on south shoreline. Caught a bunch of smaller bass and even a few micro ones. Walking back from the far back east side I tried one more corner I had success in the past and got hammered instantly by a hog. Choked my keitech swing impact bluegill flash 4" on a keitech round jig head 1/16 oz. Hooks are sharp and better be for what they cost. Didnt even realize i set it upside down with paddle tail facing wrong way but it worked still! I was nervous as hell when I got this hog to the rock ledge of the shoreline cause I was using the new line I never caught a fish with before today. Thought for sure it was going break off trying to grab it but it held thankfully! Went only 8 lbs on this p line cause last time I got 15 lb floroclear it was a mess on the spool. I would have been so pissed if I lost this fish! Had a split bottom lip. It was not a cut but a black natural split right in the middle. Pics below.. Hard to take the pics when the sun was glaring down and couldn't see my screen but a few came out okay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonny2can
Fishing Fanatic

Re: Sag quarry finally! 6/15

Postby joetrain » Jun Mon 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Good bass. I have P line spoiled up on one of my setups. So far the only issue I see with it is the line looks deformed where I tighten the knot. I’m using an improved clinch knot. I always wet the line but it still deforms but it seems to hold fine.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ccorso » Jun Sat 20, 2020 11:53 am

Solid fish, nicely done!
ccorso
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Brandon » Jun Sat 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Nice group of bass!!! I’ve never fished the Sag quarries and that’s a problem. SW burbs have a ton of great opportunities.
"I am a law only for my kind, I am no law for all." -Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Brandon
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes