Big Bend Lake Depth Contour Map

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Big Bend Lake Depth Contour Map

Postby JasonN » Jul Wed 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Jason W. Norris
Managing Editor - WindyCityFishing.com
JasonN
WCF Managing Editor

Re: Big Bend Lake Depth Contour Map

Postby tmoney » Jul Sun 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Is Big Bend any good? I passed it on my way to Beck the other day. Is it kayak accessible?
One More Cast.
--------------------------
www.cast312.com
www.fishingheadquarters.com
tmoney
2013 WCTT Angler of the Year

Postby Afalconsvick » Jul Sun 31, 2011 1:53 pm

tmoney0410 wrote:Is Big Bend any good? I passed it on my way to Beck the other day. Is it kayak accessible?

Yeah they have a boat launch so you could drop it there. I've fished it, definitely tough fishing but there are bass there you just have to work for them. Huge carp as well and a few pike that sneak in when the spillway to the DPR floods
-Site Moderator
Afalconsvick
Site Moderator

Postby Jesus » Jul Sun 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Big Bend has various fish in it... I've yet to catch anything other than blue gill tho but the times i've fished it was either spawning time or a very very sunny hot day. I believe u can yak in there but im not positive. They have a little boat drop on the northwest side. It was thriving with small perch and blue gill last outing. But i did see a lot of bass swimming around...even a white bass???? Will try again sooner than later.
My name is Jesus and im addicted to fishin :D
Jesus
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Afalconsvick » Jul Sun 31, 2011 1:56 pm

Someone in a boat there told their fishfinder was marking 48' FOW in Big Bend, but the lake doesn't show anything deeper than than 29.. Hmm..
-Site Moderator
Afalconsvick
Site Moderator

Postby Slow Burner » Aug Sun 14, 2011 9:41 pm

This lake is a bucket head haven!!!!!! I hate fishing this place.....had a 20 somethin inch northern chase my spinnerbait back to shore twice only to have some foreigner next to me catch two of em on a roach and into the bucket they went.....I was yelling at him to throw it back and he said he had to eat!!!!LOL i was like you eat fish out of here?? sick people out there man
I love the look on a bucketheads face when I toss back a nice fattie to its rightful home.
Slow Burner
Game Fish

Postby Navyfisher » Aug Sun 14, 2011 9:51 pm

chikillinois wrote:This lake is a bucket head haven!!!!!! I hate fishing this place.....had a 20 somethin inch northern chase my spinnerbait back to shore twice only to have some foreigner next to me catch two of em on a roach and into the bucket they went.....I was yelling at him to throw it back and he said he had to eat!!!!LOL i was like you eat fish out of here?? sick people out there man

That is where you need to report them.
Navyfisher
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes