Lemont Quarries

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Lemont Quarries

Postby Bad Water Bill » Jan Tue 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Yes I know it isn't CROOK county but did any one fish Lemont quarries this past year and what happened?
Bad Water Bill
Game Fish

Re: Lemont Quarries

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Tue 17, 2012 6:16 pm

I fished it a bit at the end of topwater season. Did good on 2 of the lakes, buddy had a good end to his season with a couple pigs on jigs on another lake in the system.
Poets talk about"spots of time,"but itis really fishrmn who experience eternity compressed in2 a moment No1 can tell what a spot of time is untl suddnly the whole world is a fish and the fish is gone I shall remember that son of a bitch forever
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby trunkmonkey » Jan Tue 17, 2012 8:34 pm

I fished it early on, and did awesome! I was primarily using a swim jig, in various colors. No matter where my friend and I fished, we were constantly getting hook ups.
trunkmonkey
Fishing Czar

Postby catchafew » Jan Wed 18, 2012 12:04 am

I haven't fished there in years, I have to give it a try since its just down rte 83 for me.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Fluke » Jan Wed 18, 2012 12:05 pm

We should get out there this year TMonkey, I have seen tons of reports on it but haven't ventured out yet.
"A bad day of fishing always beats a good day at work"
http://www.bassinthemidwest.blogspot.com
http://www.dupageangler.com
Fluke
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Wed 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Best way to fish any of the lakes is via kayak or small boat. Kayak would work best since you could drop it in every lake, only one lake has a legit boat launch. For the shorebound angler such as myself it's really tough, not so much because the lakes are tough, though they can be, but mostly because shoreline access is at a serious minimum. Don't trek the trail on the very back lake in the summer without MASSIVE amounts of 98% DEET mosquito repellent. The skeeters are the absolute worst I have ever seen at that place. Mobs of them every 100-200 feet, and I mean MOBS. If you passed out on the trail, i'm pretty sure they would suck you dry.
Poets talk about"spots of time,"but itis really fishrmn who experience eternity compressed in2 a moment No1 can tell what a spot of time is untl suddnly the whole world is a fish and the fish is gone I shall remember that son of a bitch forever
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby catchafew » Jan Wed 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Tiki,

Give me or anyone else a PM at least a week or two before and we can use my registered canoe (17.5') that'll hold up to 3 people.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bad Water Bill » Jan Wed 18, 2012 4:23 pm

When it warms up again I will make the same 17' canoe offer + I have great mosquito repellant.

My big problem is that below 45 degrees I loose ALL feeling and circulation in all of my fingers. Yes frost bite WILL follow you the rest of your life.
Bad Water Bill
Game Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Wed 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks for the offer guys, We'll def. have to set something up. Bill, i don't generally fish when it's in the 40's my dago blood doesn't agree with the cold weather haha.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby Bad Water Bill » Jan Wed 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Do not blame it on the DAGO blood. Many folks from there live in the MOUNTAINS where it gets very cold . Ask my X wifes family.

My scandahulian blood should cover me.

Just delivering newspapers back in the 50s in Mt Greenwood down dirt roads with 100+ tribunes at 3+ # each was enough to do the damage.

You only had your bike to get the job done. We never would dream of asking Dad for help.
Bad Water Bill
Game Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Wed 18, 2012 5:43 pm

I shoulda been more specific, Sicilian blood. It don't get too cold there. But sssshhhh, that's just my excuse for being a sally in the cold weather. The Dutch and German blood disappeared somewhere in my teens cuz it never bothered me as a kid, but then again most things don't bother kids. haha.

You still in the area Bill? I'm in Worth.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Wed 18, 2012 5:46 pm

O ya, I forgot to mention that 2 days I was there I saw the same bucketheads keeping bass in the 2-6 pound range. One guy had a 2 pounder, a 4 pounder a 6 pounder dead in his bucket. Broke my heart too cuz it was on the smallest lake in the system.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby Bad Water Bill » Jan Wed 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Well as much as I want catch AND release some times we should think about the folks out of work and being able to put one decent meal on the table this week.

That being said if they are dumping every thing they catch in the bucket every day of the week then blow the whistle. Time for them to go to work for a change.

I no longer live there. Moved out before they filled in THE FEEDER and the 3 ponds at 107 th and west of Crawford. Also the one just north of the entrance to Beverly golf course.
Bad Water Bill
Game Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Wed 18, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't care about people keeping fish, but why take a great spawning fish like a 6 pounder, and i've seen these guys at the same place several times. If your going to keep your fish, and stay within the law, don't pound the same lake week after week because your going to bleed it dry. A lake that size doesn't take very long to cripple the spawning population, I'm sure if I were intent on it, I could do it in a couple of weeks or less.

I like to figure out a lake, and then put it on the back burner. Fishing the same place time after time gets redundant, need a change of scenery, not to mention I don't want to condition the fish to my lures :).
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby trunkmonkey » Jan Wed 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Fluke wrote:We should get out there this year TMonkey, I have seen tons of reports on it but haven't ventured out yet.

I'm down!
trunkmonkey
Fishing Czar

Postby taterek » Jan Wed 18, 2012 8:21 pm

3 4 pounders tastes the best.My family loves that fresh caught fillets.Since i lost my job they have no choice They have to eat fish fillets every day.
And yeah Lemont Quarries is good place but you have to find the spot ,first lake is very deep so watch out.
I love that place because i know when i go there my family wont't be starving. :lol: :shh:
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Wed 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Throw the 6 pounders back, i'd say even the 4's, those aren't all too common in Chicagoland. I guess I could and should look at it as these guys are doing a favor if they're selective and not hitting it as much as I think they are. If you kept everything under 16 inches and let go everything over you'd eventually end up with a stunted lake all the same. As far as that front lake goes, I rarely fish it, so little access, and the spots I like I feel like i'm going to break a neck or arm getting down to.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Wed 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Tikimahn wrote:Throw the 6 pounders back, i'd say even the 4's, those aren't all too common in Chicagoland. I rarely fish that front lake, so little access, and the spots I like I feel like i'm going to break a neck or arm getting down to.

Oh come on man I cach #4ers every week from march till october.
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby Whats the catch..Ron'chi? » Jan Wed 18, 2012 9:32 pm

:problem: :think: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
taterek wrote:
Tikimahn wrote:Throw the 6 pounders back, i'd say even the 4's, those aren't all too common in Chicagoland. I rarely fish that front lake, so little access, and the spots I like I feel like i'm going to break a neck or arm getting down to.

HOOK,LINE & SINKER!
Whats the catch..Ron'chi?
Fishing Czar

Postby taterek » Jan Wed 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Whats the catch..Ron'chi? Nothing! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Wed 18, 2012 10:06 pm

taterek wrote:

The same fish over and over doesn't count. Seriously come to my neck of the woods, 4 pound fish aren't all that common. 2-3 pounders seem to be the norm on most of my lakes.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Thu 19, 2012 6:43 am

Probably You just fishing Saganashkee Slough and Maple lake or Papoose.So thats right there is not much more 4 or 5#ers i just fished them out :lol:
My friend try some farther lakes in Kankakee Co or Will .Maz is the perfect spot.
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Thu 19, 2012 11:12 am

I have traveling issues with my car, not reliable enough right now or the past summer to go that far. And, I rarely fish any of those lakes you've mentioned. Maple lake prolly gets the most pressure on the south side, if not the South Side then for sure the SW side, there's still some good fish to be had there though, it's really a hit or miss lake for me. I either do really well, or get the skunk at Maple, but I don't fish it more than 5 times a year anymore. Pappoose, i've seen some nice fish come out of there but I generally stay away. I have access to a private lake right down the street from pappoose so it's not worth the bother unless I want to do some frogging, and I never fish Sag Slough, I basically outright refuse too. I fish a couple other FP lakes and ponds in the area, and no not Turtle head. 4 and 5 pounders aren't found often out here you can sit there and say you've fished out lakes I know you haven't, or say there's an abundance of 4 and 5 pound fish in my area, but fact is their isn't. I would know, I fish these lakes and ponds all the time using big profile lures as to avoid as many dink fish as possible. If they were as abundant as you claim, i'd have caught alot more. That's just the pitfalls of living so close to a heavily populated city though.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby Bad Water Bill » Jan Thu 19, 2012 4:10 pm

UNFAIR You told me you were not going to post my picture EVER.
Bad Water Bill
Game Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Thu 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Tikimahn wrote:. That's just the pitfalls of living so close to a heavily populated city though.

Oh yeah.You're right,
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Thu 19, 2012 7:11 pm

TaterToT wrote:LoL, i am a dumbass.
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Thu 19, 2012 7:16 pm

TaterToT wrote:LoL, Trolling hard I can see.

Anyone who thinks fishing is a cost effect way to feed a family is a dumbass and it explains why they lost their job.

So if your company will move to China You will have to move there too,otherwise you'll be a dumbass. :mrgreen:
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Thu 19, 2012 8:01 pm

taterek wrote: I'm a jackass

Ya see not that hard to do.... Keeping trolling.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Thu 19, 2012 9:12 pm

It's ok i like that kind of life. :mrgreen:
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby Whats the catch..Ron'chi? » Jan Fri 20, 2012 12:46 am

Anyone who thinks fishing is a cost effect way to feed a family is a dumbass and it explains why they lost their job.
:moresarcasm:
:shh: :shh: :shh: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
HOOK,LINE & SINKER!
Whats the catch..Ron'chi?
Fishing Czar

Postby Bad Water Bill » Jan Fri 20, 2012 3:30 am

From his responses he will not be welcome in my yacht. :D
Bad Water Bill
Game Fish

Postby Fluke » Jan Fri 20, 2012 9:35 am

Whats the catch..Ron'chi? wrote:

:moresarcasm:
:shh: :shh: :shh: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

X2
"A bad day of fishing always beats a good day at work"
http://www.bassinthemidwest.blogspot.com
http://www.dupageangler.com
Fluke
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Fri 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Bad Water Bill wrote:From his responses he will not be welcome in my yacht. :D

You mean I'd have to help carry a yacht??????? I may have to buy a back brace in the case....
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby Bad Water Bill » Jan Fri 20, 2012 7:52 pm

You betcha.

Right off the top of my 1981 VW pickup over to the water. I need all the help I can get for FREE.
Bad Water Bill
Game Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Fri 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Bad Water Bill wrote:You betcha.

Right off the top of my 1981 VW pickup over to the water. I need all the help I can get for FREE.

I bet that thing sits LOOOOOW haha.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Fri 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Hey. Whats up my lovers??????? :D I was fishing Pistakee today.
I just caught 3 walleyes 12-17 .( one was released.)27 bluegills- 18 keepers 2 whites and 2 sheepheads -released of course.and nice 4 13-14" hogs.I'll have nice and tasty dinner tonight.All was caught on Fiska (Orange bottom , white sides and blue top.)
Good luck my Lovers. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hit me PM if you wanna go for REAL fishing. :D
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby Bad Water Bill » Jan Fri 20, 2012 9:33 pm

[quote="taterek"]Hey. Whats up my lovers

Sonny I have no idea who you are. This much I do know I am NOT your lover. The only person That had the right to call me that was buried a few years ago.

From your remarks you would not be allowed to walk 1 mile behind her. Keep your remarks to your self .
Bad Water Bill
Game Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Fri 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Bad Water Bill wrote:
taterek wrote:Hey. Whats up my lovers

Sonny I have no idea who you are. This much I do know I am NOT your lover. The only person That had the right to call me that was buried a few years ago.

From your remarks you would not be allowed to walk 1 mile behind her. Keep your remarks to your self .

I am sorry Bill. So you are my friend ,others are my Lovers :oops: :oops:
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby Tikimahn » Jan Fri 20, 2012 10:26 pm

13-14 inch hogs is an oxymoron.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Fri 20, 2012 10:49 pm

TaterToT wrote:Go back to Poland ~ :roll:

There is not to many fish left so i will stay here. :mrgreen:
I still love you guys.
calm down :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby taterek » Jan Fri 20, 2012 10:55 pm

i'll be at lemont toomorow in grey suit ,come say hi.
taterek
Pan Fish

Postby wallhead » Feb Wed 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Is this the original poorboy of legend out there?If so we need some perch wisdom on the board.Don,t forget the crown.
wallhead
Fishing Czar

Postby poorboy » Feb Wed 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Yeah Wallhead I see what you mean about sharing the wealth over here! To bad my posts don't last to long...Possibly intimidation?

Poorboy
poorboy

Postby Slow Burner » Feb Wed 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Ill keep an eye out for a polock in a red and black jacket and a bucket full of fish so I can kick his ass and make an example out of him for all the other bucketheads out there......stay south if u know what good for ya chump :twisted:
I love the look on a bucketheads face when I toss back a nice fattie to its rightful home.
Slow Burner
Game Fish

Postby wallhead » Feb Wed 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Things have been kinda quiet on here,I smell blood in the water.
wallhead
Fishing Czar

Postby JasonN » Feb Wed 01, 2012 5:01 pm

I don't know how this thread has spiraled into nonsense, but it's time for it to rest now. Thanks for understanding.
Jason W. Norris
Managing Editor - WindyCityFishing.com
JasonN
WCF Managing Editor

Postby Tikimahn » Feb Wed 01, 2012 7:10 pm

wallhead wrote:Is this the original poorboy of legend out there?If so we need some perch wisdom on the board.Don,t forget the crown.

Only thing he's a legend for is being an asshat.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby poorboy » Feb Wed 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Tikimahn wrote:
wallhead wrote:Is this the original poorboy of legend out there?If so we need some perch wisdom on the board.Don,t forget the crown.

Only thing he's a legend for is being an asshat.

ya ya ya ....Be nice Tikigurl and share the love you have for me....Your over qualified skills you possess while fishing the Forest Preserve lakes intrigue me and my followers of the kingdom! We would like to thank you for sharing your great wealth of knowledge with us all....A living icon you are my friend....

Poorboy
poorboy

Postby Tikimahn » Feb Wed 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for proving my point.
Tikimahn
Game Fish

Postby taterek » Feb Wed 01, 2012 9:06 pm

chikillinois wrote:Ill keep an eye out for a polock in a red and black jacket and a bucket full of fish so I can kick his ass and make an example out of him for all the other bucketheads out there......stay south if u know what good for ya chump :twisted:

Come and try it. I'll make You happy baby girl.Please stop crying.I'll let you know when i'll be at Lemont Quarries so then You can come and kiss me.I found out Pistakee is much better after massacre on White bass last sunday-150 fish caught .Of course around 20 under 5" was released.
I hope see You soon my dear boy. :D :D :D :D
taterek
Pan Fish

Next

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes