Bode lake report 4/11/12

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Bode lake report 4/11/12

Postby Busse Jim » Apr Wed 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Started thinking that i needed to explore some other lakes this year, hadn't been to another lake in years and i picked Bode to start with. been about ten years since i fished it , got the new depth maps and matched it up with spots were i had caught fish before. got there at 6:15 , the first thing i noticed was they had cleared the whole shoreline of all the brush around the entire south lake,removing all the cover for the fish along shore. i had forgotten how small that lake is, you can fish around it in less than an hour! started at the SE corner and followed the south shore west throwing a white spinnerbait,light wind blowing at the south shore. at the mid point i switched to a -1 and quickly landed a skinny 13" 3/4 lb bassjust off the shore
IMG_2823[1].JPG
continued following the shore to the north end, nothiing else but saw some activity in the middle. switched to Bode north and followed the south shore to where Popular creek leaves the north lake, hoping to maybe find a northern, even went down the creek some . Never been there before. the sun had set but it was still light and since i didnt park in the lot and had brought a flashlight i could stay past dark, good idea! it was dark now and i headed back and stopped between the two lakes to take a picture of the sunset
IMG_2819[1].JPG
and when i got to the drain between the lakes a few big fish peeled off from the drain made a bunch of casts in the north and landed my second bass a 15" 1.7 lber at the drain.
IMG_2821[1].JPG
switched back to the south lake north shore to head back total dark now couldnt see where my lure was landing. i look up just to see a single shooting star cross under neath venus in the western sky!! made a wish for a huge bass, but no such luck. all in all for bode it was a great day two fish a nice sunset and a shooting star! :thumbup: and to all you tournament fishers good luck up at deep lake !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Bode lake report 4/11/12

Postby Aux Pleins » Apr Wed 11, 2012 10:14 pm

way to give BODE some lovin! This post will be useful, people r always cruising google looking for 411 on their small lakes and ponds
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby JasonN » Apr Wed 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Great stuff Jim and I echo the sentiments of AuxPleins. Way to give Bode some lovin! Been wanting to add it to the site. May need your help. :thumbup:
Jason W. Norris
Managing Editor - WindyCityFishing.com
JasonN
WCF Managing Editor

Postby FishinMatt » Apr Wed 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Sweet job. Kind of like riding a bike, you never miss a beat. I have heard some decent stuff about Bode, but rarely an actual report. Nicely done.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby catchafew » Apr Thu 12, 2012 9:25 am

Jim,

Nice job once again. I'm curious though how has your luck been fishing these type of CCFP lakes at night, especially during the summer compaired to daytime fishing?
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Busse Jim » Apr Thu 12, 2012 8:19 pm

catchafew wrote:Jim,

I'm curious though how has your luck been fishing these type of CCFP lakes at night, especially during the summer compaired to daytime fishing?
never fished at night, I'm a afternoon and evening fisherman and the latest ive got to fish those lakes is about an hour after sunset until the rangers show up,i've also gotten a parking ticket 5 mins. after sunset by not so nice rangers , for me the hour or two before and after sunset is one of my most favorite times all year round.but if you can park outside the parks and walk or bike in who knows! BUT THAT IS ILLEGAL
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby pikekid96 » Apr Sun 15, 2012 6:42 pm

those guys can be jerks. haha but they are just doing their jobs
CPR!
pikekid96
Northern Pike

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes