Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Tampier Lake

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Busse Jim 
#1 ·
Anyone have any feedback on Tampier Lake?

#3 ·
TOO much pressure. Way to many good places to fish out here in will county to mess with tampier. That place is packed all the time. head over to lock port and hit the quarries if its that area youre looking to hit. I hate being negative but that place in particular is Blaahhhhhhh

#4 ·
There was a guy who used to post really good walleye reports on CLF from Tampier. Used a very ultralight setup with live bait and posted some great reports over the years. Other then him though, I have always heard the same thing about Tampier. Fish elsewhere, lol.

#5 ·
And if I recall correctly, the guy Matt is talking about put in massive amounts of time to pattern his fish. As someone that grew up in the area, if I was going for bass I would hit Arrowhead or Turtlehead before Tampier. Arrowhead has some real nice slop right now along the shore. While I have never fished it, Centennial Park in Orland gets some good reviews.

If you don't mind driving, Whalon has better shore fishing than any of those places but there's a lot more fishermen as well.

Personally, I'd do some wet wading in the Kank or Dupage if I wanted to do some fishing on foot right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.