Sag quarry 7/14

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Sag quarry 7/14

Postby jonny2can » Jul Sat 14, 2018 10:00 pm

After the morning rain stopped took off for a early afternoon adventure at sag quarry. Not many people out surprisingly. As expected the water had it's usual green top layer and paddy spots. Hiked to the back through the dense trail throwing only plastic worms. Senko in a corner outside a weed pocket produced my first fish and a pig it was! 2.6 lbs and nice length. Continued further back and caught 5 more largemouth but considerably smaller. Only two worth taking a pic. Lots of birds out there working the water for lunch. More than I seen in previous years which is a good sign I suppose. Didn't check out northern end cause I spent too much time hiking the southern and eastern side of the quarry. Definitely had worse days at the sag so I left a happy camper!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonny2can
Fishing Czar

Re: Sag quarry 7/14

Postby KankRat » Jul Sat 14, 2018 10:16 pm

Holy cow. I was there today with my son.
Nice job on the LM.
That bird is a black crowned night heron. On the Illinois endangered species list.
KankRat
Fishing Czar

Re: Sag quarry 7/14

Postby HEDDONFROG » Jul Mon 16, 2018 1:25 am

I can’t tell if that’s duck weed or just an algae bloom but It’s screaming for a frog. Good job getting a nice one
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes