Bode Lake

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Bode Lake

Postby Glassman81 » Sep Mon 23, 2019 9:50 am

Just moved out to the area and been doing some scouting online and while driving around for places to take my soon to be 5 year old to catch a few panfish. Anyone tried this place before?
Glassman81
Minnow

Re: Bode Lake

Postby DPMike » Sep Mon 23, 2019 3:31 pm

I have not, but when I pass by it does seem to have quite a few fishers there. Don't know if that's good or bad. Should be panfish there.

I did stop at a pond due East of there and tried to walk to the water but was ill equipped for the muck. It looked quite fishy.
Subdivision Pond Slayer
DPMike
Pan Fish

Postby Boarder Collie » Sep Tue 24, 2019 3:04 am

Yeah it’s good for panfish, catfish, and bass.

The north lake has a creek inflow and outflow that can be good. The south lake (nearest the parking lot) is clearer and deeper.
Boarder Collie
Game Fish

Postby polishfly » Sep Tue 24, 2019 12:58 pm

I have fished Bode lake since I was a kid, 20+ years now. It has changed a lot, there used to be limited shoreline with lots of bushery to allow fish some refuge from people. The "southern" lake is clear with a deep pool by the far south east corner. The northern lake is fed by Poplar Creek which dumps into the Fox. From there Northern Pike have made their way into Bode. Rare, but they are in there. The north lake is murky with far less visibility and a lot less easily accessible shoreline as well from the last time I was there. If you hike up north along the creek you will find beaver dams which make some cool pools some of which hold decent sized largemouth bass. I did well in the creek with pumpkin colored tube jigs back in the day. The old bridge supports on the creek have some rocks in between and when the water is the right level bass hang there too. Right now the creek is quite blown out though. Good luck and post up any catches from there I would love to see fish still hanging out!
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Sep Wed 25, 2019 6:34 am

I fished there once last year and nada. Lots of accessible spots from shore but like was mentioned, only the south pool has deep water. The fishiest looking spot on the North end some dickhead kid chucked a boulder in the water 10' from me and blew the spot. I don't think that kid will ever do anything like that again.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes