Potawatomi dink

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Potawatomi dink

Postby Rambler » May Fri 01, 2020 4:18 pm

Left this AM intending to hit Beck but it was just a tad too crowded for my taste so I went on up to Potawatomi pond. Much less crowded.

Walked around the lake - started out with a white 1/8 oz spinner bait. No takers so I switched to a Keitech. Still nothing. Took a break in the woods for a while after which I moved to a buzz bait. I know they don't work until the water's 60 F but my best friend has been having some luck with them so I figured WTF? But still nothing.

Went back to the car for a PB&J. Before leaving this AM at the last minute I decided to take along my #5 fly rod so I unlimbered it, tied on a bluegill popper & tried again. Good to get back in the swing of fly fishing. Caught a hand-sized 'gill after whiffing on 2.

There were 3 or 4 others fishing. One guy on the far side of the lake caught a dink 'gill as I was walking past. He said that's all he'd been catching.

The water is crystal clear & the weeds aren't too bad yet.

After another half hour I packed it in. Still, another beautiful day in face mask city.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Potawatomi dink

Postby Aux Pleins » May Fri 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Face condom nation.

Surprised the river wasn't in the parking lot over there.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Re: Potawatomi dink

Postby RonG » May Fri 01, 2020 5:55 pm

A Potawatomi dink is always better than a Potawatomi drink. Good to see you back to Rambling. UV is good for the soul.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes