Bode

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Bode

Postby esbrosio » Jun Fri 12, 2020 9:34 pm

Went out this even to quickly dropping temperatures. Shorts and tshirt was a mild mistake. Lots of people fishing along the shore. Good to see families fishing together. Called a guy out for trying to keep a bass that was not legal, politely. Ended up talking to the guy for a while. Hopefully that experience will deter him from illegally harvesting fish... Watched another guy constantly fix a birdsnest out of his baitcaster. Received a new rod today so was eager to try it out. Landed a couple dinks right off the bat. Hook a nice bass but the hookset felt weird as my drag screamed at the hookset. Well, never had my drag tightened. Bass jumps, try to tighten my drag and it drives into weeds and I loose it. Sad. Landed a third fish which was around 14 in. Couple missed strikes. Not bad for still trying to learn this body of water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
esbrosio
Minnow

Re: Bode

Postby Rambler » Jun Sat 13, 2020 7:11 am

Haven't fished Bode since the 80s. Good to see there are still fish there.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cyanatic » Jul Mon 06, 2020 10:17 am

Any fishing trip that includes a few bass is a good trip in my book! Nice job! I'll have to add Bode to the list of lakes I'd like to try this summer. About a 40 minute drive, maybe less during early morning.
Good fishing,

Steve

" Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it"
-Harry Middleton-
cyanatic
Game Fish

Postby polishfly » Jul Tue 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Bode is my old stomping ground!! Glad to see a report from there and some landed fish, nice work on the illegal harvest chat!! Post up if you get more action out there I may need to revisit that place and finally figure out the murky side.
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby esbrosio » Jul Tue 07, 2020 6:43 pm

I would definitely recommend giving Bode a go. I posted a couple other outings I made at beginning of June. Been there 3 times this year and produced bass each visit
esbrosio
Minnow

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes