Trout still hitting at sag quarry

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Trout still hitting at sag quarry

Postby Spincast guy » Oct Sat 24, 2020 10:31 am

Limited out at Sag this morning as trout still hitting here and there .3 on power bait nugget on bottom with a slip sinker rig.2 on a slip float with half a nightcrawler.
20201024_093425.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spincast guy
Game Fish

Re: Trout still hitting at sag quarry

Postby xterrabill » Oct Sat 24, 2020 10:34 am

nice!
xterrabill

Postby grems » Oct Mon 26, 2020 12:26 pm

Way to limit out! I wish I had remembered this weekend, I was down in that area running errands, would have been fun to try.

Spoons and spinners typically work better for me, never had much luck with baits, glad you figured them out.

How did they taste? My wife told me not to bother bringing them home after the last couple of years, they had a muddy flavor even off the grill. But they used to be delicious, maybe they switched suppliers?
grems
Game Fish

Postby Spincast guy » Oct Mon 26, 2020 3:01 pm

grems wrote:Way to limit out! I wish I had remembered this weekend, I was down in that area running errands, would have been fun to try. They are delicious.

Spoons and spinners typically work better for me, never had much luck with baits, glad you figured them out.

How did they taste? My wife told me not to bother bringing them home after the last couple of years, they had a muddy flavor even off the grill. But they used to be delicious, maybe they switched suppliers?
Spincast guy
Game Fish

Postby Spincast guy » Oct Mon 26, 2020 3:02 pm

Spincast guy wrote:
grems wrote:Way to limit out! I wish I had remembered this weekend, I was down in that area running errands, would have been fun to try. They are delicious.

Spincast guy
Game Fish

Postby Spincast guy » Oct Mon 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Spincast guy wrote:
Spincast guy wrote:
grems wrote:Way to limit out! I wish I had remembered this weekend, I was down in that area running errands, would have been fun to try.

They are delicious!
Spincast guy
Game Fish

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes