Trout season officially over tor me

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Trout season officially over tor me

Postby Spincastguy » Apr Fri 09, 2021 10:33 am

Well sag quarries was a bummer as I got out this morning for second try and no bites and no one was getting any . I don’t get what’s going on as I tried every trick I know .Even ran smaller leader on bottom with floating nugget to see if strike zone was tight but no luck . Jumping everywhere I don’t get it . Oh well back to bass and will try again in fall .
Spincastguy
Minnow

Re: Trout season officially over tor me

Postby FishinMatt » Apr Fri 09, 2021 11:05 am

Worst feeling in the world is when you can see the trout everywhere and they will not bite. Last time I took my kid it was the same deal. A long way from my youth when they let you fish before the season opened. I used to catch and release them at will on rooster tails and did not even bother once the season opened, lol.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby minstrel » Apr Fri 09, 2021 11:43 am

Strangely while doing okay in Fall usually I've yet to overcome the Spring trout skunkings. I didn't even make an attempt this year. It's that strangely artificial kind of fishing and of course the crowds acting like they are fishing for gold bricks that gets to me too. It's just not normal fishing.

I often seem to have the wrong baits too... "Oh they were slamming powerbait today" and I have minnows. They're hitting spoons when I left mine at home etc. Not sure it's worth the frustration esp. for me as a non-fish eater.

Hope your next outing is full of fat bass to get the taste out of your mouth 8)
minstrel
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Spincastguy » Apr Fri 09, 2021 5:44 pm

minstrel wrote:Strangely while doing okay in Fall usually I've yet to overcome the Spring trout skunkings. I didn't even make an attempt this year. It's that strangely artificial kind of fishing and of course the crowds acting like they are fishing for gold bricks that gets to me too. It's just not normal fishing.

I often seem to have the wrong baits too... "Oh they were slamming powerbait today" and I have minnows. They're hitting spoons when I left mine at home etc. Not sure it's worth the frustration esp. for me as a non-fish eater.

Hope your next outing is full of fat bass to get the taste out of your mouth 8)
Yea I had a great fall trout season but the spring definitely sucks . I will try again in fall but I’m done for now . I was going to take my kids as well I’m glad I didn’t.
Spincastguy
Minnow

Postby jonny2can » Apr Sat 10, 2021 12:07 am

Try walking all the way in the back parallel to the parking lot
jonny2can
Fishing Czar

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes