Heidecke video great fishing in 2013

Heidecke Lake - Morris, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Heidecke video great fishing in 2013

Postby ejeraser » Jan Tue 14, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm on Captain Bob's email list for the latest fishing reports for the Kankakee River & Heidecke Lake and I received this picture and video.
He was catching small mouths on the river (a 11 of them this day) right up to the big freeze on that Monday & Tuesday all the photos were nice fish. Also he attached this video from Heidecke Lake wow 21 stripers caught in one outing then 17 striper on the day I fished with him that's no fluke this guy is dialed in check it out !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCoK2A_YRiM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric
ejeraser
Fishing Czar

Re: Heidecke video great fishing in 2012

Postby BrookfieldAngler » Jan Tue 14, 2014 10:26 pm

Do you ever fish without a guide? I swear every post of yours is has a link to YouTube for this captain bob guy or some reference. You on his payroll?
Nick - BrookFieldAngler.com
Hobie Fishing Team · LucidFishing · Biovex · StankX · Quest Watersports · Railblaza
BrookfieldAngler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ejeraser » Jan Tue 14, 2014 11:07 pm

Of course I fish with out a guide! No not every post of mine has a link to his youtube and some do but because I get excited as a fisherman when I see his videos. Just like people would get excited watching bassmasters or Bill Dance or any pro angler... But how many people fish with out a guide then hire a guide and then learn so much from a guide continue to hire the guide, catch a monster fish! Win a free guide trip . Not many!! That is why I am hooked on this guide service. I wish I was on his payroll. To have a guide who keeps you informed over the years in his email list on how the fishing is doing is a plus as well. But the truth is I have booked him for the past several years and I learn so much from him. I hope you are joking around when you say do I ever fish with out a guide... I am basically a die hard fisherman and love to fish! None stop! I hire guides on Lake St Claire, on all the great lakes, and many other lakes. It pays off trust me and you learn a lot and have experiences of your life. I do own my own boats and have my own equirement but its fun to try different things as well...
Eric
ejeraser
Fishing Czar

Postby catchafew » Jan Tue 14, 2014 11:18 pm

BrookfieldAngler wrote:Do you ever fish without a guide? I swear every post of yours is has a link to YouTube for this captain bob guy or some reference. You on his payroll?
x2
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby TheWoz » Jan Tue 14, 2014 11:25 pm

I like heidecke but I don't think I'd ever do a guide there
http://www.LucidFishing.com
Lucid Fishing Grips
Http://facebook.com/lucidfishingproducts
Instagram.com/lucidfishing
Hobie Fishing Team
TheWoz
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Jan Wed 15, 2014 5:56 am

Good stuff man, that's some quality winter fishing. I've never used a guide in my life, even when I musky fish :lol:, but the results and knowledge gained seems priceless, so the more the merrier.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby localyokal » Jan Wed 15, 2014 6:33 am

I use good guides when I have validations of their expertise. Even on bodies of water I know - you can always learn something new if YOU HAVE THE RIGHT GUIDE. I also belong to / have belonged to private clubs and paid for access to fish private areas. All usually well worth it but the flip side is also AWAYS true. Fishing is still fishing. A guide's video and brochure are also self promotion for their business and they are always about their great days on the water. Choosing a guide or promoting a guide is about how hard they work for you and how much they teach you or explain to you about a body of water. Why they are fishing, how they are fishing, when they are fishing. IMO choosing a guide isn't just about catching fish, it's about learning something and the experience you come away with. I know people who are happy to go out with a guide and let the guide fish and catch the fish for them - not for me!

ejeraser, if you are going to promote this guy / guide why not talk about what he does different or better than any other guide than just catch fish instead of just providing a link to his promotion video. Have you been with him more than once? Did he take you to the same locations or fish different locations? Did he explain why he was fishing how he was fish and where he was fishing and how it related to the season, the conditions or and body of water. These are the things I want to know about a guide, not just see the nice fish he caught on a good day. Lots of guys here could put together an impressive video or brochure of our good days on the water. That doesn't make us a good guide or even a good fisherman. Not a rap on you, not sayin he isn't a good or even great guide, just sayin :|
" Opportunities are missed by most people because they are dressed in overalls and look like work"
localyokal
Fishing Czar

Postby BrookfieldAngler » Jan Wed 15, 2014 8:23 am

I was asking seriously. I actually looked at your posts before I posed the question too. Just on the first page of "all your posts" there are 24 references to this Captain Bob guy.

Now, I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with fishing with a guide. I'm not even saying that there is anything wrong with fishing with a guide every time you go fishing. I was just trying to figure out the purpose/reason for the constant promotion of this guy from you.

As an example, you see that little link in my sig line? The one that says Predator Pursuit? He's a musky guide and I promote him quite a bit. Why? Well, I met him about 3 years ago when he was working for another guide service that I had booked on a special they had going. After that trip, we just ended up becoming friends. When he decided to start his own guide service, I jumped on board to put together a website, do some printing, advertising, and a few other promotional things for him. If it's not musky season, we usually hit Lake Michigan for some salmon action.

So again, nothing wrong with hiring a guide. Hell, if you aren't on his payroll or a friend of his, I am pretty damn impressed at your ability to afford so many guide trips. Those things aren't cheap!
Hobie Fishing Team · LucidFishing · Biovex · StankX · Quest Watersports · Railblaza
BrookfieldAngler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ejeraser » Jan Wed 15, 2014 9:33 am

Hey Guys,
local yokal- I agree with some things you are saying. Examples reading in the paper the fishing report. Perch biting in Chicago in this winter weather 3 people go out to 87th st and catch numerous perch and nice perch during the cold blusterous weather... I say ok but it doesn't say how long they where out there, how many jumbos caught nothing... Well they could of been out there all day who knows? My point is as fishermen we all know every day isnt like the day posted on a fishing report, fishing show, or video. But we take it as we know there are days like that on those waters! I continue to watch his work and book his services because there was not a single time I was let down on his guide trips. To me that means something . It meant man does he catch fish like he does on his videos everyday! It sure feels like it when I go on his guide trips. Like in past post I have booked several guide trips maybe waste a money in the process and catch nothing worth it. But with his guide services it always seems to pay off!

Brookfield Angler- To answerer your question.../ questions.. Purpose of me postings his videos constantly is because this is a fishing website, thought it was a nice topic to show people. Catch Bass like that in the pic in winter pretty awesome! As far as affording these guide trips thank you... Guess you could say I have rich parents! Instead of going on a vacation and spending money I spend money on guide trips as fishing is my life! Maybe when I get married in a year or so things may change but I hope not... :lol:
Eric
ejeraser
Fishing Czar

Postby WaterGuy » Jan Wed 15, 2014 9:42 am

I've seem some of this guys videos and pics in the past. He does catch some really nice fish, no doubt

Does he float you a nice discount or a free trip here and there for all the promotion? He should if he doesn't!
WaterGuy
2013 WCF Fantasy Football Champion

Re: Heidecke video great fishing in 2013

Postby ejeraser » Jan Wed 15, 2014 9:48 am

I did win the big fish contest! Caught a massive catfish. So I got a free guide trip for wining that! Man was I pumped up for that one! And it was amazing results!
Eric
ejeraser
Fishing Czar

Postby Jerry K » Jan Wed 15, 2014 10:16 am

ejeraser, Talked with Capt. Bob at Big H. sociable and likeable person and Guide. Asked him a question about the lake a wasn't one of these guys with lockjaw. Told us where to fish and what to use. Did well with info. Nothing wrong with dropping his name as a guide I believe it's worth it. Gonna try him out this spring on the KKK river. :)
Jerry K
Game Fish

Postby BrookfieldAngler » Jan Wed 15, 2014 10:18 am

ejeraser wrote:when I get married
Well that explains that one.... :lol:
BrookfieldAngler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Jugtownroad » Jan Wed 15, 2014 10:26 am

The man sure has great enthusiasm.When I see him on H only the client is fishing and I think all fish are released.Both good things.Have him in my FB feed very entertaining.
Jugtownroad
Pan Fish

Postby riverine rodent » Jan Wed 15, 2014 10:27 am

Bob used to fish with me quite often before he started guiding. Dude cooks up some great Italian food, he would bring dishes to my wife before we went fishing. Only thing is he is like my wife in that there is no such thing as too much garlic.
put a dip in your hip, some glide in your stride and come onto the mother ship

finger painting nudes, a real handful
riverine rodent
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby TheWoz » Jan Wed 15, 2014 10:59 am

BrookfieldAngler wrote:

Negotiate that up front!
http://www.LucidFishing.com
Lucid Fishing Grips
Http://facebook.com/lucidfishingproducts
Instagram.com/lucidfishing
Hobie Fishing Team
TheWoz
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby riverine rodent » Jan Wed 15, 2014 11:38 am

TheWoz wrote:
BrookfieldAngler wrote:

Negotiate that up front!

or marry an understanding woman

riverine rodent
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby BrookfieldAngler » Jan Wed 15, 2014 11:41 am

riverine rodent wrote:TheWoz wrote:
BrookfieldAngler wrote:
ejeraser wrote:
when I get married
Well that explains that one....

Negotiate that up front!

or marry an understanding woman

Or a rich one
BrookfieldAngler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby riverine rodent » Jan Wed 15, 2014 11:57 am

rich and understanding

riverine rodent
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby localyokal » Jan Wed 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Hey as long as we're giving him advice for his future wife, rich, understanding, a great cook, cleans fish and game including field dressing and works a a guide.
" Opportunities are missed by most people because they are dressed in overalls and look like work"
localyokal
Fishing Czar

Postby ejeraser » Jan Wed 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Hey brookfield angler you are pissing me off!! This site is for fishing not to bash on people. If you are not bashing on me I sure as hell am taking it that way. Im 30 I hope you are at least that and not some young kid talking stupid on this site and if you are 0ver 30 come on man act like adult. Again if you mean no harm or disrespect toward me none taken and same toward you but this site is for fishing !
Eric
ejeraser
Fishing Czar

Postby BrookfieldAngler » Jan Wed 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Which part pissed you off? If anything, I would have guessed it to be the original question not my follow up. To be quite blunt, the only post that I had any sort of snark in my mental tone as I typed was the first one.

And to answer your question, yes. I am over 30. To expand on that, I am also married. To go even further, I even have a kid on top of that. Because of these circumstances, I can totally relate to being able to spend time and money on fishing stuff before those life events occurred.
BrookfieldAngler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Heidecke Lake