Heidecke 8/16

Heidecke Lake - Morris, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Heidecke 8/16

Postby ChgoEnforcer » Aug Fri 17, 2007 10:07 am

Went out to Heidecke yesterday with my dad to do some fine tuning on my rig and to fish,got there around 1:00 pm and stayed until 6:00. Got the boat dialed in and we were trolling shad raps on the south side along the dyke with yellowbirds on both sides.total tally for the day 8 stripers that ranged from 14-18 inches,6 drum 17-20 inches,7 walleye 15-16 inches,2 smallmouth 14 inches, and a 8lb channel cat that hit like a freight train, thought it was a nice hybrid until it got to the boat. overall a nice overcast day. all fish caught in front of the outhouse trolling west up the hill.Overall probably the best I have done out there in years.water temp was 82 compared to 86 last sunday.

Chuck
Enforcer Of The Panfish Mafia
ChgoEnforcer
Game Fish

Postby toothdoc » Aug Fri 17, 2007 10:15 am

Thanks for the report Chuck. It sounds like you were on a roll yesterday. 8)
What would we all do without fishing?
toothdoc
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby NPIKE » Aug Fri 17, 2007 10:31 am

Nice job!!

Most people have been saying it's like the deed sea since shad hatch. Way to prove them wrong and put up some good numbers.

NPIKE
NPIKE
Fishing Czar

Postby FishinMatt » Aug Fri 17, 2007 10:53 am

Nice work. That is the first postive report I have heard in a few months.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby twoglasseyes » Aug Fri 17, 2007 1:11 pm

Well done indeed.
twoglasseyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby washhusky101 » Aug Fri 17, 2007 5:54 pm

:!:
washhusky101
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Rob Busse » Aug Fri 24, 2007 9:10 pm

sounds like you caught a good buzz out there
Rob Busse
Pan Fish

Re: Heidecke 8/16

Postby tbonephil » Sep Sun 02, 2007 9:46 am

ChgoEnforcer wrote:Went out to Heidecke yesterday with my dad to do some fine tuning on my rig and to fish,got there around 1:00 pm and stayed until 6:00. Got the boat dialed in and we were trolling shad raps on the south side along the dyke with yellowbirds on both sides.total tally for the day 8 stripers that ranged from 14-18 inches,6 drum 17-20 inches,7 walleye 15-16 inches,2 smallmouth 14 inches, and a 8lb channel cat that hit like a freight train, thought it was a nice hybrid until it got to the boat. overall a nice overcast day. all fish caught in front of the outhouse trolling west up the hill.Overall probably the best I have done out there in years.water temp was 82 compared to 86 last sunday.

Chuck

Great fish. I troll on Heidecke often. What size Shad Raps were you trolling? What color patterns? How deep were most of the fish? Also, I just got a couple yellowbirds, but have had some problems with them. I twist the line and put it in the black clip, but they always seem to trip to easily, or sometimes not trip at all.

I'm going to Heidecke tomorrow, so I'd appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thanks!
tbonephil

Postby pezdek1 » Sep Sun 02, 2007 10:55 am

check your clips for the line on the birds. depending on the type of clips you have... if they're the plastic ones that you "snap" the line into there is a screw on the side that you can tighten/loosen based on your line size, how easily you want them to trip, etc. the ones that are tripping too easily try tightening, the ones that aren't tripping try loosening. obviously you need to adjust them based on the line as well, most people i know keep certain ones for their braid and certain ones for their mono, because of line diameter. this might be the cause of your problem. if you have the clips that "grab" the line... like a clothes-pin type design, im not sure what the problem might be... those always seemed fairly straight forward and easy to me, loop the line, squeeze, stick line in, and you're good to go.
pezdek1
Fishing Czar

Return to Heidecke Lake