Fried Chicken????????

Share your experiences with the grill, stove, oven, campfire, etc. Outdoors folks usually are outstanding cooks. Share your favorite recipes and techniques with others.

Fried Chicken????????

Postby ffishman » Apr Wed 25, 2012 6:12 pm

We've made a ton of fried chicken, some better that others. I am looking for a recipe that is mouth watering and will make me want to make it again and again and again etc. Any suggestions?
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day, you do the math
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Fried Chicken????????

Postby choupiquer » Apr Wed 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I buy a fryer, cut it into 8 pieces then soak it in buttermilk over night. Then "squeegie" off the excess with your hands and dredge it in seasoned flour (salt, black pepper, a bunch of red pepper, lemon pepper, and some paprika for color. I like to dredge it a half hour or so before I fry it. Heat up about 1" of canola or peanut oil to about 260 degrees in a black skillet or dutch oven. Fill the pan (probably at least 2 batches) with the dredged chicken and cook for 8 minutes on each side. You will get a little charring sometimes, but I call that extra flavor or "gratin"

But the best option is carry your arse down to the local Popeyes and order up a 10 piece spicy! That $hit is the best friggin fried chicken on the planet! :thumbup: And dont forget the side of red beans and rice! AAAAAAYYYYYEEEEE!!
choupiquer
Game Fish

Postby choupiquer » Apr Thu 26, 2012 7:02 am

Going to Alaska on May 19th. Got our own place, boat, dungeoness traps, deep water shrimp traps and outdoor smoker for the salmon. All I can think about is fresh baked halibut, sauteed cracked dungeoness, dill cured salmon, deep water shrimp cerviche, and any kind of sashimi for you want. :D Might even do a fried chicken and red beans one night. :D
choupiquer
Game Fish

Postby ffishman » Apr Fri 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Your right about the Popeye's. I love their chicken. Only problem, I don't have one that is close to me. By the time I get the chicken home, its cold.
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day, you do the math
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to What's Cooking?