Cajun Cookin' Crawfish Boil, From Bugs To Suckin' Heads, vid

Share your experiences with the grill, stove, oven, campfire, etc. Outdoors folks usually are outstanding cooks. Share your favorite recipes and techniques with others.

Cajun Cookin' Crawfish Boil, From Bugs To Suckin' Heads, vid

Postby mcnallyoutdoors » May Thu 08, 2014 8:00 am

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/kwXK0IgDgAk[/YouTube]
mcnallyoutdoors
Pan Fish

Re: Cajun Cookin' Crawfish Boil, From Bugs To Suckin' Heads,

Postby bassman29 » May Thu 08, 2014 10:38 am

YES!!! crawfish are by far one of my favorite foods...when done right. I have at least 2-3 crawfish boils per year when in season. I HIGHLY recommend using louisiana crawfish company.... I have used them countless times and everything comes perfect. order 1 day get the live crawfish the next day. I normally order 20lbs (figure 3lbs per person roughly). I have yet to get an order that I wasnt satisfied with...very few dead loss if any...always clean and a good size...just run some water over them then in the pot they go. link to the company I deal with is under the pic...suck da head.
http://www.lacrawfish.com/
odds are your catch was someones release...pay it forward
for homemade plastics please see link for pricing. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65154&p=661586#p661586
bassman29
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby George W » May Thu 08, 2014 10:42 am

I've never had... My girl use to pound them at a chi town Chinese buffet.. But I was ify of the origin. ;) Lmao.
I guess after a couple brews I could potentially give em a go. That pic makes em look delish
Instagram.com/GEOFISHING
-GEO

<((><
George W
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby bassman29 » May Thu 08, 2014 10:52 am

George W wrote:I've never had... My girl use to pound them at a chi town Chinese buffet.. But I was ify of the origin. ;) Lmao.
I guess after a couple brews I could potentially give em a go. That pic makes em look delish

everyone who was iffy at the boils about them quickly change their mind and get into the "where have these been all my life" mentality. If you like crab, lobster and other types of armored delights and dont mind a little kick you will dig them.

I will be throwing some bbq's at big bend this year (I choose here since its close and less geese and more shade then beck). Just a reason to get out....launch the yak and enjoy the day. I will send you an invite...bring the fam because my buddy will be there with his kids. Fishing will be meh but we will make up for it with beer , burgers, and bugs of the crawfish kinds..
odds are your catch was someones release...pay it forward
for homemade plastics please see link for pricing. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65154&p=661586#p661586
bassman29
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby George W » May Thu 08, 2014 11:02 am

Wow. Hell yea dude. I'll get my girl to make sum stuff too! I'll bring stuff to chip in too. But sounds amazing thanks bro
Instagram.com/GEOFISHING
-GEO

<((><
George W
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby JustinCarf » May Thu 08, 2014 11:07 am

There are more than a few jokes I want to write.

"suck da head" ... "...after a couple brews..." :lol: :lol:

Crawfish are good. I've had them in small amounts, but never in the setting you're talking about Bassman. I only see stuff like that in pictures from the south, but they do look good and undoubtedly taste good, as well.
JustinCarf
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Vinesh » May Thu 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Bassman I have to agree Louisiana crawfish company is awesome. I go to tulsa once a year for a crawfish boil and those are the same ones they use. I have ordered personally from them a couple times here in the city and never been disappointed. Thanks for the pic. :D definitely suck that head.
Vinesh

Return to What's Cooking?