Switch to full site
Share your experiences with the grill, stove, oven, campfire, etc. Outdoors folks usually are outstanding cooks. Share your favorite recipes and techniques with others.
Post a reply

From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 8:56 am

Step 1. Head to busse and haul in a few of these
Image
Image

Step 2. Butterfly trout
Image

Step 3. Sauté some bacon,shallots,garlic
Image

Step 4. Let mixture cool then combine with parsley, parm cheese, bread crumbs and an egg
Image

Step 5. Stuff trout with mixture drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper
Image

Step 6. Bake at 350 for about 20 min. I do mine on grill over indirect heat
Image

Step 7. Remove and squirt with lemon juice
Image

Step 8. Enjoy
Image

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 8:58 am

Nice! We're there a million guys out even with the cold weather?

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 9:03 am

Dr. Utssab wrote:Nice! We're there a million guys out even with the cold weather?


Yeah but not as flooded as axe. Most were just leaning over dam so space was to be had along shore and on rocks. Fp cops were out in force so just a reminder to all....check ur limits and have your trout stamp

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 9:08 am

Thanks for reminder it's convenient for me to stop there after work and cast for half hour

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 10:21 am

just...yes. that looks amazing.

I stopped by north pool last night to check it out after doing some downstate troutin'. Trout opener is a chicago tradition, I actually enjoy the crowds and watching all the goofballs. the scene at the dam however, was frightening. 15 dudes leaning over jigging a piece of powerbait. I felt obligated to take a snapchat of the chaos. I saw one guy get a citation. blows my mind that people show up to these things and think they can get away with over harvesting.

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 10:25 am

Looks tasty!

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 10:40 am

Mmmm nice post!

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 10:54 am

Damnit...is it lunch time yet???? Great post, pics, and motivation to eat.

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 11:29 am

Great report. Everything tastes better with bacon!

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Yum!

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 3:47 pm

My cat would like to lick that plate when you're done with it.

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 3:48 pm

urbanHog312 wrote:just...yes. that looks amazing.

I stopped by north pool last night to check it out after doing some downstate troutin'. Trout opener is a chicago tradition, I actually enjoy the crowds and watching all the goofballs. the scene at the dam however, was frightening. 15 dudes leaning over jigging a piece of powerbait. I felt obligated to take a snapchat of the chaos. I saw one guy get a citation. blows my mind that people show up to these things and think they can get away with over harvesting.


prob just missed you. seeing them all huddled around the dam was pretty funny. I was on the rocks just to the right of them. there was 1 guy with a massive bass crank bait casting parallel to shore getting everyone tied up...got pretty annoying. I may or may not have yelled in his direction a few times. emphasis on may.

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Wow Kev that looks amazing! I see you can do more than just toss hotdogs on the bbq. :moresarcasm:

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Great trout post, was wondering if anyone else was out there. I was prepared but not successful :cry: I think I'll give your recipe a shot though when I am! :thumbup:

What time were you out there? I was on the side closest the road til late aft and was surprised at the lower turn-out. Then I went to the far side and it was totally different, super crowded. And, yes, there were 15 people all with a line in most also with a bobber at the damn. That was bonkers :shock: :crazy:

I heard a guy, who was still fishing, boast to a friend on his cell that he had "already caught seven of them". :x

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Mon 19, 2015 7:33 pm

minstrel wrote:Great trout post, was wondering if anyone else was out there. I was prepared but not successful :cry: I think I'll give your recipe a shot though when I am! :thumbup:

What time were you out there? I was on the side closest the road til late aft and was surprised at the lower turn-out. Then I went to the far side and it was totally different, super crowded. And, yes, there were 15 people all with a line in most also with a bobber at the damn. That was bonkers :shock: :crazy:

I heard a guy, who was still fishing, boast to a friend on his cell that he had "already caught seven of them". :x


if you are facing the water I was on the right side of dam literally standing on waters edge on a few of the rocks. was the only one really on that side. would cast into that small corner pool to the right of me then back to about the middle of dam area and yo yo the lure along the rocks edge

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Tue 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Looks good! I just finished cleaning and freezing my 4th batch of trout since saturday. I freeze them in a marinade of lemon, spices and diced jalepenos. Each time I say enough is enough, either no more fishing or release them but I know I'll be back out and they'll end up in my freezer. Saw a guy catch over 20 trout today, says he planned to release them. Hmmmm.....

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Tue 20, 2015 10:49 pm

Hey thats not a hot dog!!

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Wed 21, 2015 9:36 am

Dinner is served :thumbup: With a cold Cerveza

Cerveza.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Wed 21, 2015 10:36 am

I gained 5 lbs staring at those pictures. :shock:

Wow! Nice job.

Re: From lake to plate. *busse edition*

Oct Thu 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Damn. You throw down in the kitchen! That looks delicious.
Post a reply