Where to buy fish NW Burbs?

Share your experiences with the grill, stove, oven, campfire, etc. Outdoors folks usually are outstanding cooks. Share your favorite recipes and techniques with others.

Where to buy fish NW Burbs?

Postby TheOzzmanDPG » May Wed 04, 2016 9:58 am

I'm just wondering where people buy their fish at to eat at home. I live in Streamwood and I used to buy all of my fish at Valley in Schaumburg until they did their expansion. I think they have gotten too big and don't have the right amount of turnover on the fish that they used to. I have had two bad experiences and now I need to find somewhere new. Also, understand that I am kind of a fish snob. As a kid, I used to work at Don's Dock in Des Plaines and I know what fresh fish is supposed to smell, look, and taste like. Just looking for any suggestions because i live out in Streamwood and heading back to Don's Dock is a bit more of a trip. I would love to find a fish monger that i could trust. Thanks.
TheOzzmanDPG
Game Fish

Re: Where to buy fish NW Burbs?

Postby TheOzzmanDPG » May Mon 09, 2016 1:05 pm

so, you all catch your fish locally and don't buy them. :)

Any suggestions would be great.
TheOzzmanDPG
Game Fish

Postby ffishman » Jun Thu 09, 2016 4:24 pm

When they have them, I buy perch from Meijers on 62. They have yellow and white, only problem, they do not have them all the time. One time we were there the yellow were on sale for 6.99 a pound. Now that is a decent price.
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day, you do the math
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jun Thu 09, 2016 6:55 pm

Meijer usually has a really good fish/seafood selection. At least the one by me in Bolingbrook. I don't buy any fish cus I always catch my own to eat when I want it. But theirs always looks good and there's always hard to find stuff. Swordfish steaks, ahi tuna steaks. Walleye and lake perch. Worth a try I'd say
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Jun Thu 09, 2016 7:18 pm

EuroFresh in Palatine on Northwest HWY is your best option.

-grocery connoisseur
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Return to What's Cooking?