Weekend round up Kish and Busse

Do you fish the Kish?

Weekend round up Kish and Busse

Postby Skifish1 » Oct Sun 15, 2017 11:34 pm

7 for 12 on small jaws all that I would consider above average for the Kish. Water 59deg still unusual for this time of year. Super stained I had to fish noisy.

Busse main pool water up 3 feet and water well into the trees lots of floating logs and debris pretty much a quagmire to wade. Stupid. 2 for 2 on good size bass. Haven't fished a lake in months I thought I caught lazy carp or cats the way they were flopping around in retrieve. River bass a lot more fight.

DSCF0266.JPG

DSCF0265.JPG

DSCF0270.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Weekend round up Kish and Busse

Postby Rambler » Oct Mon 16, 2017 7:41 am

Nice fish Ski! LOVE the Kish!
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Skifish1 » Oct Mon 16, 2017 11:36 pm

Yea Rambler there is enough river on the kish that yoi could generally find a quiet stretch makes it even more likeable but some of the guys i know who fished it forever can really complain about all the recreational tube and cooler floating drink fest crowd on sections downriver closer to Rockford.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Oct Tue 17, 2017 3:28 am

Darn couch potatoe busse bass, so fat and lazy.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby matt_ski » Oct Tue 17, 2017 8:02 am

Skifish1 wrote:Yea Rambler there is enough river on the kish that yoi could generally find a quiet stretch makes it even more likeable but some of the guys i know who fished it forever can really complain about all the recreational tube and cooler floating drink fest crowd on sections downriver closer to Rockford.

Once, I waded the Kish around Genoa and I thought I heard a land mower, but it was getting progressively louder. Finally, from around the bend came an older couple driving something like an ATV with caterpillar tracks through the middle of the river. They apologized very politely for turning entire river into a chili bowl and drove off, but besides that Kish is usually very very quite.
matt_ski
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Rambler » Oct Tue 17, 2017 8:08 am

matt_ski wrote:They apologized very politely for turning entire river into a chili bowl and drove off, but besides that Kish is usually very very quite.

I've never understood that sort of mentality. They knew what they were doing was wrong but did it anyway. "We know we're fucking the river up for anyone downstream but as long as we're having fun who cares?"
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby matt_ski » Oct Tue 17, 2017 9:00 am

Ya I was pretty pissed. Not just because they messed up the river for me, but also because they drove through many holes that hold many fish, reshaping the river bed and killing lots of organism that contribute to high water quality. Clams and mussels for example, greatly contribute to cleaning of a dirty water and they cant simply get out of the way, like fish do. It's like driving one of those giant tree cutting vehicles through amazon rain-forests. :(
matt_ski
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Skifish1 » Oct Tue 17, 2017 9:36 am

Yea I've ran into a couple areas that have had extensive local atv and jeep abuse in the gravel areas. In fact one area west of kirkland I think they added and bull dozed more gravel on the bank and into the river to create a large atv gravel beach.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Darkstar72 » Oct Tue 17, 2017 4:40 pm

matt_ski wrote:
Skifish1 wrote:Yea Rambler there is enough river on the kish that yoi could generally find a quiet stretch makes it even more likeable but some of the guys i know who fished it forever can really complain about all the recreational tube and cooler floating drink fest crowd on sections downriver closer to Rockford.

Once, I waded the Kish around Genoa and I thought I heard a land mower, but it was getting progressively louder. Finally, from around the bend came an older couple driving something like an ATV with caterpillar tracks through the middle of the river. They apologized very politely for turning entire river into a chili bowl and drove off, but besides that Kish is usually very very quite.

I've seen folks do that on the Fox....also some local owns a boat with a go-devil on it. Scared the hell outta me one day when I was solo wading.
Darkstar72
Fishing Czar

Return to Kishwaukee River