Castle Rock Launch

One of Illinois most scenic rivers in Illinois, The Rock River is a great place to get your game fish on.

Castle Rock Launch

Postby Lip_Yanker » Apr Thu 22, 2021 8:14 am

Postby Luckydawg13 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:43 am

Hello all this is my 2nd post so vary new to this forum I was going past the Rock river on HWY 2
And spotted a public boat launch can anyone tell me about that part of the river how deep is it i have a 17ft tracker deep V I'm interested in walleye and fathead and any bait shops around.

Since the Gestapo already locked the other threads, thanks Matt. :roll: :lol:

The river at that launch should support your boat, depending on the time of year. Spring and early summer usually the river is deeper south of the dam on 64, but may get shallower the deeper into the summer we go. My son and I used to launch there with our 15' Lowe Sprite with no issues. The river get shallow enough at times during the summer, you can walk shore to shore at less than waist deep by the dam.

North of the dam the river is much deeper all year round and you shouldn't have problems launching there all summer.

There used to be a bait shop right at the dam on the North side, but I think it may have closed. I haven't been out there for a few years, so not sure what else is available locally.

Stick around, get to know the group. Lots of good people here and some good info for local fishing.

As for Rambler's comment, as others pointed out he was not directing that towards you. So don't mind him, he's just a crabby old fart, but really a nice guy... even for a left wing nut. :wink:

Exclusive member of Muff Divers Local #69 "No muff to tough, we dive at five."
Lip_Yanker
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Castle Rock Launch

Postby Rambler » Apr Thu 22, 2021 11:52 am

Lip_Yanker wrote:even for a left wing nut.

WHAT? Me a left-wing nut??? All of my opinions are well-reasoned and insightful. :D

For the record I've known folks whose political leanings make me look like Joseph Goebbels. So it's all in your perspective. :lol:
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Luckydawg13 » Apr Fri 23, 2021 7:56 am

LIP YANKER
Thanks for the great information i usually fish the foxriver north of the Algonquin dam up too the McHenry dam fishing has been vary slow in that area for walleye and everything else i was out yesterday and only pick up a small catfish

I won't bring up my other posts other than to say that I did go back and Re read it and I understand that it was not Directed towards me
Luckydawg13
Minnow

Postby badger75 » Apr Fri 23, 2021 9:36 am

Luckydawg13 - welcome to WCF.

Rambler - lets just say - left of center :roll:
badger75
Fishing Czar

Postby Luckydawg13 » Apr Fri 23, 2021 10:12 am

LOL that is one thing that I have never been called
Luckydawg13