New Members?

General news and updates regarding the site.

Re: New Members?

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Mon 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Yup 6 bucks for a bag of 6.

Jon B and Peric started here. Even after moving to Texas they came back here a lot. Thats where I started with them. You hit the nail on the head about their editing though.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Mon 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Ken G wrote:HA!

I made it public again a few months ago to see if anyone would notice. They didn't.

http://www.wadauwant.com/wd_journal/index.php

Even the 8 guys that were there privately stopped posting over a year ago. Everyone is busy with life...

I quit fishing, so I remember to go look at it now and then just to make sure it's up and running. Since I can't imagine why I would post much, the biggest ***hole on the site, ME, would rarely be around. :D And since no one is posting, I don't have to worry about baby sitting other ***holes.

I have a story in the works called Bring Out Your Dead that goes through the death of fishing, hunting and outdoors forums and blogs over the past 20+ years. Especially the local Chicago area ones. I first logged into CLF when it first started, so however long ago that was.

Dumped FB, Instagram is a joke, on a site called MeWe but can't get all that excited about it. All of the once popular local forums are either pretty much dead or niche sites. Rivers and ponds here, Chitown is big water and boats guys, CLF should be shut down it's so useless.

I've got my Waterdog Journal site that's languishing. My photography sites I'm populating. I'm busy with other stuff. Keeping the wife healthy and alive first and foremost.

The forum just sits there and always will. Costs me nothing to let that happen.

One thing I'm proud of, I've been running forums and sites since 2000 and from the very beginning I've always said that promoting products in posts and comments are always welcome.

I always said that I will never run ads on my forums or my sites.

And I never have.

Haha. I was on the site not too long ago looking for some old information, and it wasn't public yet. Always loved your site. :thumbup:

Maybe we can get it to be a little more active again. ;)

Hope the wife is doing OK. Don't be a stranger, gimme a call sometime.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Tue 12, 2019 7:57 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:God, I sound like an old codger now :lol:

And what's wrong with that?

Hell, I don't even know who the googan guys are...
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 12, 2019 10:00 am

Rambler wrote:
Woohoodude11 wrote:God, I sound like an old codger now :lol:

And what's wrong with that?

Hell, I don't even know who the googan guys are...

You and me both. Don't feel bad, I'm 34 and I'm clueless as to who they are. :lol: I don't follow any of these YouTube fisherman clowns. Most are just doing it for the clicks.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Feb Thu 21, 2019 11:22 pm

Yeah, I wasn’t joking. Saw this pop up and thought “hey that’s decent username” click on it and 2010 sign up date 0 posts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FloridaRigger » Feb Fri 22, 2019 11:37 pm

HEDDONFROG wrote:Yeah, I wasn’t joking. Saw this pop up and thought “hey that’s decent username” click on it and 2010 sign up date 0 posts

He spelled lurker wrong :lol:
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby VSAdmin » Mar Tue 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Hello all,

Just wanted to clarify the issues on the site.
I'm seeing members are having issues with accessing their old accounts? If so, they can PM us and we'll get it sorted.
Also, are you all having issues with embedding youtube videos on the site?

Ed
VSAdmin
Site Admin

Postby RonG » Mar Thu 14, 2019 12:10 pm

VSAdmin wrote:Also, are you all having issues with embedding youtube videos on the site?

Ed

yes, for some time now
RonG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby VSAdmin » Mar Thu 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Testing

Kevin
VSAdmin
Site Admin

Postby VSAdmin » Mar Thu 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Youtube code should be fixed. I'm not positive that it rolled out to all old links on the site, so if you see a broken youtube video on site, let us know and we'll take a look

Kevin
VSAdmin
Site Admin

Postby BassAttackYak » Sep Fri 06, 2019 5:12 pm

Hey all, new to this site and new to fishing since almost 20 years. Been fishing some smaller ponds around EGV, still stumped/skunked by Busse lakes and trying to figure those out lol. Looking forward to reading/sharing stories and tips here. Happy fishing, buds!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BassAttackYak

Postby joetrain » Sep Fri 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Welcome to the site. You can make some fishing friends here. I would think that Auxplaines would be getting a group together soon for some river fishing. If he does join up with them. You’ll meet some like minded people and learn some things as well.
~JOE~
A Dio sia la gloria
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Sep Fri 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Welcome to the last bastion of local fishing “reports” and not just photo posts. I used to live in EGV until 2005 on a lake that I stocked with smallies, LM & Pike. Not many but if the Pike & smallies survived they’d be freaking huge now. Keep forgetting to sneak back in there (at night) That might give you a clue as to what lake it is lol Lake Cosman also has fish. My sons lived on that lake with their mother. It’s tough during certain times of the year but there are fish in it, including smallies. Lee’s has/had photos on the wall with guys holding LM & smallies from there. Good luck, look forward to your progress
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby trumb1mj » Sep Wed 11, 2019 9:57 pm

I’ve been trying to get on here for about 12 months and my activation email finally came through. So pumped! I’ve been fishing the DPR and Busse with no luck yet—looking for some help...
trumb1mj

Postby HEDDONFROG » Sep Thu 12, 2019 1:03 am

trumb1mj wrote:I’ve been trying to get on here for about 12 months and my activation email finally came through. So pumped! I’ve been fishing the DPR and Busse with no luck yet—looking for some help...

Welcome! Those are two forums with tons of info. If you haven’t read through all the recent and older posts I’d start there
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Sep Thu 12, 2019 2:29 pm

trumb1mj wrote:I’ve been trying to get on here for about 12 months and my activation email finally came through. So pumped! I’ve been fishing the DPR and Busse with no luck yet—looking for some help...

Hmm...12 months for an activation letter? Maybe the people who run this thing are trying to get you to go find the other fishing site they own & join it. They keep sending me updates from it although the posts are really quite lame. I don't get this kind of shit. Hell of a way to run a monkey farm.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Sep Thu 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Ha, looks like we will be getting some new members. 12 months try to join. wtf. At least it is fixed.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to WindyCityFishing.com News, Site Issues and Updates