Photo Enforced Speed and Red Light Tickets

General news and updates regarding the site.

Photo Enforced Speed and Red Light Tickets

Postby Zenfish » Feb Wed 24, 2016 6:24 pm

In case anyone hasn't heard yet, all those $100 tickets you've gotten while racing to a fishing hole may all be refunded.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-pol ... ue-process

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/7/ ... ht-tickets
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. -John Buchan
Zenfish
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Photo Enforced Speed and Red Light Tickets

Postby Fonzie » Feb Wed 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Great!
Lombard removed theirs years ago after numerous complaints.
I heard that Schaumburg removed theirs after people started saying that they would never go to Woodfield Mall again. {money talks}

Over the years, I've got two city of Chicago $100 red light tickets. Since then, whenever possible, and as a form of protest, I've avoided spending money in the city. Chicago has lost a lot more money {at least from me} than they gained by those two tickets.

I won't be holding my breath for my $200 refund check though...

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.
Fonzie
Game Fish

Postby bassman29 » Feb Wed 24, 2016 7:07 pm

they will get the money back somehow. just ask my accountant. 36% state tobacco tax...40 cents per cigar federal tax.....30 cents per cigar county tax....10.25% sales tax....and now a bill trying to be passed to allow a 90 cent per cigar...city tax.

gotta love it.
odds are your catch was someones release...pay it forward
for homemade plastics please see link for pricing. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65154&p=661586#p661586
bassman29
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Zenfish » Feb Wed 24, 2016 7:14 pm

bassman29 wrote:they will get the money back somehow. just ask my accountant. 36% state tobacco tax...40 cents per cigar federal tax.....30 cents per cigar county tax....10.25% sales tax....and now a bill trying to be passed to allow a 90 cent per cigar...city tax.

Yep, for sure. And the way they are doing it is by suddenly stopping the car registration notification/renewal mailing that has historically always gone out to remind you to renew your registration. Claiming budget cuts. All I know is that even when they sent me those reminders, some years I'd still forget until I get a ticket. Imagine how much more expired registration ticket revenue they will get this year....the same year they lost that photo ticket revenue. 8)
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. -John Buchan
Zenfish
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Feb Wed 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Zenfish wrote:
bassman29 wrote:they will get the money back somehow. just ask my accountant. 36% state tobacco tax...40 cents per cigar federal tax.....30 cents per cigar county tax....10.25% sales tax....and now a bill trying to be passed to allow a 90 cent per cigar...city tax.

Yep, for sure. And the way they are doing it is by suddenly stopping the car registration notification/renewal mailing that has historically always gone out to remind you to renew your registration. Claiming budget cuts. All I know is that even when they sent me those reminders, some years I'd still forget until I get a ticket. Imagine how much more expired registration ticket revenue they will get this year....the same year they lost that photo ticket revenue. 8)

And don't forget to get your vehicle emission done before getting your new registration. I found this out the hard way after spending half and hour driving out of my way and waiting in line. And I drive by emissions every day when going to work.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Feb Wed 24, 2016 10:34 pm

Bassin' Ted wrote:
Zenfish wrote:

And don't forget to get your vehicle emission done before getting your new registration. I found this out the hard way after spending half and hour driving out of my way and waiting in line. And I drive by emissions every day when going to work.

And make sure you don't have a damn check engine light when going to emissions!!! I found out the hard(est) way...couldnt renew, couldnt pass emissions, and I was a month past my expiration. Luckily the check engine light just came on, had my OBD reader on me, and found out it was a gascap so I got it all done before a ticket.

That being said, if I get a refund...GAS on!
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Busse Jim » Feb Thu 25, 2016 1:57 am

Hate those, recently stuck work with 2 right turn ones.
But unless your one of the thousands that are in the class action suit you won't see a dime.

Sucks it took this long for the courts to start to side with the people against these clearly unconstitutional and corrupt money grabs. Hoping they finally rule in the plaintiffs favor. but i won't hold my breath. Schaumburg still has one , just not at that corner. just too much "free"money and graft available :roll: :evil:
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Feb Thu 25, 2016 5:47 am

polishfly wrote:
And make sure you don't have a damn check engine light when going to emissions!!! I found out the hard(est) way...couldnt renew, couldnt pass emissions, and I was a month past my expiration. Luckily the check engine light just came on, had my OBD reader on me, and found out it was a gascap so I got it all done before a ticket.

That being said, if I get a refund...GAS on!

This is why I got rid of my last truck. I couldn't pass emissions and then I got an estimate of over 1K to replace several sensors which they couldn't even guarantee would make me pass. Carmax gave me blue book value for my truck which was all the reason I needed to get rid of that POS F-150 and buy a Toyota. Not a single problem with this truck over 8 years.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to WindyCityFishing.com News, Site Issues and Updates