Switch to full site
General news and updates regarding the site.
Post a reply

Re: $399.99 a year /fishing forums will suffer (and already

Apr Fri 17, 2020 10:51 pm

DasGoby wrote:Given the way they've treated people. Why would anyone trust them again?

Photobucket is back to playing games. :thumbdown:

A couple of months ago, I subscribed to a pay version for $5.99 a month that allows hosting and posting pics onto sites like WCF. This morning I get an email saying my package no longer provides hosting. :twisted: That's why I subscribed! It only took them 2 months to pull the carpet out from under me, AGAIN. I went immediately to cancel my subscription. No can do. They won't let you do that yourself. "You can check out any time, but you can never leave." You have to write them an email with a request and hope some idiot will approve your request.

Apr Fri 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Hook, line and sinker for now. keep tugging and see what happens "G"

Apr Sat 18, 2020 10:37 am

Unbeleivable :roll: But not unexpected...

I've been a happily satisfied user of Imgur ever since Photobucket first started pulling tricks. For free too. I highly suggest making the switch.

Apr Sat 18, 2020 11:37 am

Better yet, shit-can cloud-based stuff. Sometimes inconvenience is worth it.

May Thu 14, 2020 8:05 am

RonG wrote:
DasGoby wrote:Given the way they've treated people. Why would anyone trust them again?

Photobucket is back to playing games. :thumbdown:

A couple of months ago, I subscribed to a pay version for $5.99 a month that allows hosting and posting pics onto sites like WCF. This morning I get an email saying my package no longer provides hosting. :twisted: That's why I subscribed! It only took them 2 months to pull the carpet out from under me, AGAIN. I went immediately to cancel my subscription. No can do. They won't let you do that yourself. "You can check out any time, but you can never leave." You have to write them an email with a request and hope some idiot will approve your request.

vman01 wrote:Hook, line and sinker for now. keep tugging and see what happens "G"

Well, they didn't honor my request to cancel my new subscription and hit my credit card for another month. (actually, no one responded, period) Then about 10 days later, they canceled it and refunded the last charge. Now every other day I get an annoying email from them saying I've exceeded my storage limit and I need to pick a pay plan. I'm guessing the emails will continue until I croak.

So................... when I had a free account, my volume of pics was fine, but they blurred and watermarked all of them if they were posted into a report. Then I joined a pay plan and all was fine for a month or two until they changed their terms telling me I needed to pay even more. I quit, go back to free and get non-stop hassled that I'm over-storage. I'm guessing they will now delete photos that they wouldn't have had I not joined a stupid pay plan temporarily. What a crappy company they've become. :thumbdown:

May Thu 14, 2020 9:21 am

You need to move on. Call your credit card company and have them block future charges from them, flag their emails as spam, go to a decent photo hosting company.
Post a reply