September Ramblings

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

September Ramblings

Postby Rambler » Oct Tue 08, 2019 8:29 am

Went back to Busse last Tuesday. Hit the same spot where I landed the 15 incher the week before. Nothing much happening but I managed to land a 12 incher on a jig & paddle tail. Good fighter but not worth a picture.

The road into that part of Busse was closed. I talked to the crew & they said they'd just poured new asphalt. So I walked in. There were 2 - count them - 2 patches of new asphalt that you could easily drive around. WTF?

While I was fishing a guy, his wife & little girl came in. He started fishing practically right on top of me. We are doing a shit job of educating new fishermen on fishing etiquette. I thought about explaining it but decided it wasn't worth the effort - he looked like the sort who wouldn't give a shit. I moved on down the bank.

This past Thursday was the 1st Thursday in months that I didn't fish. Took a walk along the DPR between North Ave & 1st Ave. River is totally blown out (no news here) and the trail disappears under water. Haven't seen it like this in a long, long time.

Stopped at the old Armitage dam site. The flood waters extend at least 30 yards into the woods on the far side. But the late bonesets are happy. They love water - the clearing there is loaded with them. Some might confuse them with white snakeroots. Similar flowers but completely different habits & habitats. Snakeroot love shade. Bonesets love sun. Bonesets are also much taller. There are some blackeyed susans (rudbeckia hirta) still blooming there too. It's sort of a mini-prairie all thanks to the heavy equipment they drove in there to remove the dam.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: September Ramblings

Postby urbanHog312 » Oct Tue 08, 2019 8:52 am

nice. one thing i need to tackle soon is a much better knowledge of native flora.
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: September Ramblings

Postby Lip_Yanker » Oct Wed 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Mmmmmmm, snakeroot = milk sickness. Yummy!
Exclusive member of Muff Divers Local #69 "No muff to tough, we dive at five."
Lip_Yanker
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to WindyCityTavern