Media created mass Hysteria

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: Media created mass Hysteria

Postby RonG » Nov Fri 20, 2020 11:56 am

bobberwatcher wrote:So glad somebody pointed out that the thing on his face is hair dye- I was wondering what the heck that is!

I'd still like to see what would happen if DJ Trump ever got caught in a rainstorm without an umbrella.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Nov Fri 20, 2020 1:42 pm

RonG wrote:
bobberwatcher wrote:So glad somebody pointed out that the thing on his face is hair dye- I was wondering what the heck that is!

I'd still like to see what would happen if DJ Trump ever got caught in a rainstorm without an umbrella.

Lol. He'd look like a Cheeto? Orange suit and all.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby KankRat » Nov Fri 20, 2020 4:42 pm

bobberwatcher wrote:Kankrat- I agree with what you said about Illinois handling of the pandemic. I generally don't care about anyone's personal life but I hate the way acceptance of that lifestyle is being forced on people and mainstreamed, kids are being exposed to it on tv and everywhere as if it's normal. Sorry but I have a problem with that. Actually, no, not sorry.

Normal:
1. conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

2. (of a person) free from physical or mental disorders.

Lori Lightfoot seems to conform to both of these definitions to me.

No one forces you to go out and tongue wrestle with dudes, no forces you to watch TV, no one forces you to allow your kids to watch TV that you feel inappropriate. Frankly I don't want you dictate what my kids can watch or not.
Change the f'ing channel. That's the American way.

That talk about "lock the closet", I mean really?
Have you ever known anyone "in the closet". That is not a happy place. That's why so many gay teenagers kill themselves. Does that make you feel good? How would you feel if your un-acceptance was the the "last straw" for someone.

How does the sexuality between two consenting adults...most of which you don't even know... affect you in the slightest way? Are you so mentally unhinged by that, it became such a focus? If you ask me that's abnormal.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby bobberwatcher » Nov Fri 20, 2020 7:12 pm

I was practically raised by an uncle that I loved dearly. He supported me when my own father didn't. My uncle was gay. I can separate the lifestyle from the person. My problem is the attitude that if society doesn't accept this lifestyle, it's wrong, discriminatory. They demand their rights like it's a civil rights movement. I believe it's a choice, not something they are born with so therefore, I'm not discrimmiating. I'm morally opposed to it. I'm usually not vocal about it because it actually doesn't affect me much. It's just kind of like the story of the emporers new clothes where people were telling him how great he looked. I'd rather be the one to say, hey dude, you're naked. Just a matter of wanting to tell it like it is.
bobberwatcher
Fishing Czar

Postby bobberwatcher » Nov Fri 20, 2020 8:29 pm

Kankrat- furthermore, my comment about staying in the closet, if it's a private, personal matter between 2 consenting adults, keep it that way. I'm not their judge and do not want to be. Let them live their lives, in private, who cares? Just don't be out there demanding that the whole world accepts it.
bobberwatcher
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Nov Fri 20, 2020 10:02 pm

Wow.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby jmdog2003 » Nov Sat 21, 2020 10:49 am

The little lady is upstairs throwing her guts up right now. She's waiting on test results, but my guess is we already have our answer. We're all very careful so who knows where it originated. I feel like a million bucks and the kids seems fine, but I'm sure we've all been exposed. Should be a wild ride...
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Nov Sat 21, 2020 11:31 am

jmdog2003 wrote:The little lady is upstairs throwing her guts up right now. She's waiting on test results, but my guess is we already have our answer. We're all very careful so who knows where it originated.

Congrats! But I thought you were done having kids. :sarcasm:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby KankRat » Nov Sat 21, 2020 11:33 am

caught in the middle of an interview on NPR with some doctor from Dupage. If heard right ICUs in all regions of the satte are in 75% capacity range. Doctors and nurses are losing it from fatigue and illiness, they cant borrow them from wiscosnin or Iowa because they are in the same boat. Canada had a huge spike after their Thanksgiving on 10/12
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180976321/
Survey are saying that large numbers of Americans are going to pretty much ignore the CDC, AMA recommendations
Nurse on there practically in tears talking about watching people die then on her way home seeing bars full.
Buckle your safety belts.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby KankRat » Nov Sat 21, 2020 11:38 am

KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby grems » Nov Sat 21, 2020 11:49 am

JMDog, sorry to hear about your situation, remember chatting about it back in April or May? I hope your wife gets through it safely, and you and the kids avoid it or have mild symptoms too.

My wife caught it last month visiting our daughter who caught it from her boyfriend, all quarantined through mild symptoms and better now.

Let’s hope effective vaccines get rolled out sooner rather than later, so we all really can get back to business as usual.
grems
Game Fish

Postby ganz1960 » Nov Sat 21, 2020 12:53 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Wow.

x2. I'll add disturbing too.
ganz1960
Game Fish

Postby ganz1960 » Nov Sat 21, 2020 12:56 pm

jmdog2003 wrote:The little lady is upstairs throwing her guts up right now. She's waiting on test results, but my guess is we already have our answer. We're all very careful so who knows where it originated. I feel like a million bucks and the kids seems fine, but I'm sure we've all been exposed. Should be a wild ride...

Sorry this is happening to you and your family. A terrible situation. Here's hoping for a smooth and speedy recovery for her.
ganz1960
Game Fish

Postby jmdog2003 » Nov Sat 21, 2020 2:31 pm

@RonG If that's the diagnosis, I need to have a very serious talk with her or my urologist 8)

@grems Yes I do remember our conversation. Seems so long ago, doesn't it?

@ganz1960 Thanks man! Hoping for the best
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Nov Sat 21, 2020 2:51 pm

RonG wrote:As a kid, I didn't care that much for Gordon Lightfoot because I thought he sang weird.

KankRat wrote:Gordon Lightfoot is awesome. Have probably three of his albums on vinyl.

Ron - what exactly do you mean by "sang weird". The man had a great, unique voice. I say "had" because a hard life of drinking & misbehavior has had their effect.
Kank - Is that all you got? I have The Gordon Lightfoot Songbook on CD. Just about every song he ever recorded.

Years ago when they both still lived at home my kids both asked me to make them Gordon Lightfoot tapes. This was right after they asked me to make The Band tapes. That's when I knew they were turning out alright.

Won't comment about Rudi. He & the guy he works for are clearly pieces of human excrement.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Nov Sat 21, 2020 2:59 pm

bobberwatcher wrote:I believe it's a choice, not something they are born with

Wait - you think someone would actually chooseto be gay? This flies in the face of logic & human character. Given all the shit that's generally flung in their direction I seriously doubt anyone would choose that lifestyle.

I've known plenty of gays over the years. I should stop & say that when I was a kid I was hugely homophobic. When I met my wife I got to know one of her cousins. He was one of the funniest, gentlest, most caring people I've ever known. Unfortunately he was of a generation and from a family that didn't accept queerness. He never came out (except to a few close friends & relatives) & I suspect it really saddened him. If it was a choice he could have chosen to chase women. I won't go on.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Nov Sat 21, 2020 3:32 pm

jmdog2003 wrote:The little lady is upstairs throwing her guts up right now. She's waiting on test results, but my guess is we already have our answer. We're all very careful so who knows where it originated. I feel like a million bucks and the kids seems fine, but I'm sure we've all been exposed. Should be a wild ride...

So sorry to hear this dog. Hope everything turns out OK.

I feel like this damned thing is stalking me...
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby KankRat » Nov Sat 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Rambler wrote:
RonG wrote:As a kid, I didn't care that much for Gordon Lightfoot because I thought he sang weird.

KankRat wrote:Gordon Lightfoot is awesome. Have probably three of his albums on vinyl.

Ron - what exactly do you mean by "sang weird". The man had a great, unique voice. I say "had" because a hard life of drinking & misbehavior has had their effect.
Kank - Is that all you got? I have The Gordon Lightfoot Songbook on CD. Just about every song he ever recorded.

Years ago when they both still lived at home my kids both asked me to make them Gordon Lightfoot tapes. This was right after they asked me to make The Band tapes. That's when I knew they were turning out alright.

Won't comment about Rudi. He & the guy he works for are clearly pieces of human excrement.

That's an insult to human excrement.

Actually I looked and I only have Sundown and it's on vinyl, it playing right now. Really great album. But I am somewhat familiar with his music. i liked him even when I was a kid. Especielly the "The Wreck.." What a great song.
As much as I hate to admit it, I started streaming music on Apple Music and that's what I listen to a lot in the car and at work. My taste in music is all over the map a lot of jazz, blues, classic rock, prog rock so if I get a hankerin' to hear Coltrane or Howlin' Wolf it's always there.
Basically I can listen to any album anytime I want. Don't think it sounds as good though as the record or probably the cd.
I started buyin vinyl again trying to keep taht under control. As you get old you are supposed to get rid of stuff not accumalte more.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby ganz1960 » Nov Sat 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Rambler wrote:

Wait - you think someone would actually chooseto be gay? This flies in the face of logic & human character. Given all the shit that's generally flung in their direction I seriously doubt anyone would choose that lifestyle.

I've known plenty of gays over the years. I should stop & say that when I was a kid I was hugely homophobic. When I met my wife I got to know one of her cousins. He was one of the funniest, gentlest, most caring people I've ever known. Unfortunately he was of a generation and from a family that didn't accept queerness. He never came out (except to a few close friends & relatives) & I suspect it really saddened him. If it was a choice he could have chosen to chase women. I won't go on.

Rambler: I totally agree with you.

Bobberwatcher: When did you choose to be heterosexual? Somewhere along the way, I missed having a choice. Was that the week I missed school in the 3rd grade with the chicken pox? I knew I missed something important that week.

Seriously…could you really choose to be gay? I know I couldn't.
ganz1960
Game Fish

Postby bobberwatcher » Nov Sat 21, 2020 7:41 pm

I don't like to keep using this forum for this purpose but it bugs me not to answer when you challenge my point of view. You have your opinions, I have mine and since you asked, here's mine- nature follows laws. Rivers flow to the sea, not visa versa, the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, the seasons change etc- but humans have free will. Most gay people probably believe they were born that way, maybe not realizing it was a choice. Others try to use it as a justification, especially if they're not comfortable with it within themselves. There are exceptions. For example, siamese twins. If that can happen, I would imagine that somewhere along in fetal development, things could happen to cause sexual confusion- MEDICALLY. But probably extremely rare. Bruce Jenner, choice or more female traits from birth? I don't know but transgender is a little different. If being gay is something present at birth, what about bi sexuals? People in the entertainment industry change their sexual preferences faster than you can change the channel. It helps their image, makes them appear "edgy". Gay is the fasionable way to push the limits. Anyhow, that's the way I see it. Take it or leave it.
bobberwatcher
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » Nov Sat 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Homo by birth. Homo by choice, I'll never know, nor care. But Freddie Mercury was completely awesome as a composer/singer/front man regardless of his private life. Gordon Lightfoot had nothing to do with any of that lifestyle, yet just like Kenny Rogers, still wrecked all his marriages with his sexual urges towards many women. Born with a tendency towards something, carrying it out is still ultimately a choice. Some are born with a desire to repeatedly murder. Others with an addictive desire to drink, coke or gamble themselves to death. Put my father in the gamble himself to death group. Choosing to surrender to every urge is not an uncontrollable inevitability or excuse to do anything you wish. Not far off, pedophilia will be soon be excusable because a desire to commit it was present. Mark my words on it.

Bobberwatcher: Kudos on your bravery and resistance to be rolled over by the mob, even the WCF gay mob. You are entitled to your beliefs just the same as anyone else here is.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby bobberwatcher » Nov Sat 21, 2020 9:10 pm

RonG- thank you
bobberwatcher
Fishing Czar

Postby FishinMatt » Nov Sun 22, 2020 12:43 am

Time to cancel bobberwatcher!!!!!! Grrrrrr.......

Just kidding. I 100% disagree with your opinion, but it is just that, an opinion. Keep on rocking in the free world.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby bobberwatcher » Nov Sun 22, 2020 7:17 am

FishinMatt- Thank you
bobberwatcher
Fishing Czar

Postby KankRat » Nov Sun 22, 2020 7:34 am

The common thread I found with people who are concerned with the morality of other people is their own closets are so full of baggage they can't even get in them anymore. That's why you worry about other people.
I went to catholic school and had to attend mass 6 days a week.
That means in 8 years I had to listen to this POS sermon about 2500 times.
https://youtu.be/fuJqvGb2kyg
There is more dirt on him on line.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby KankRat » Nov Sun 22, 2020 7:45 am

RonG wrote:Homo by birth. Homo by choice, I'll never know, nor care. But Freddie Mercury was completely awesome as a composer/singer/front man regardless of his private life. Gordon Lightfoot had nothing to do with any of that lifestyle, yet just like Kenny Rogers, still wrecked all his marriages with his sexual urges towards many women. Born with a tendency towards something, carrying it out is still ultimately a choice. Some are born with a desire to repeatedly murder. Others with an addictive desire to drink, coke or gamble themselves to death. Put my father in the gamble himself to death group. Total loser! Choosing to surrender to every urge is not an uncontrollable inevitability or excuse to do anything you wish. Not far off, pedophilia will be soon be excusable because a desire to commit it was present. Mark my words on it.

Bobberwatcher: Kudos on your bravery and resistance to be rolled over by the mob, even the WCF gay mob. You are entitled to your beliefs just the same as anyone else here is.

That is stupid. The differences in everything you talk about,: infidelity, alcoholism, drug abuse, obbsesive gambling, murder, pedophilia gabling hurt the individual and other people. Homosexuality does not.the is no known science to indicate that it does. Incredible that you would put murder and pedophilia in the same catogory as being gay. Wow, you are truly a piece of work.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby KankRat » Nov Sun 22, 2020 8:29 am

ganz1960 wrote:
Rambler wrote:

Rambler: I totally agree with you.

Bobberwatcher: When did you choose to be heterosexual? Somewhere along the way, I missed having a choice. Was that the week I missed school in the 3rd grade with the chicken pox? I knew I missed something important that week.

Seriously…could you really choose to be gay? I know I couldn't.

Where I went grade school and HS you didn't even have to be gay to be tormented about it, my God if you actually were you would die from gradual blood loss. sadly if you did not want to be on the recieving end of it, you need to super compensate and be part of that hate club.

I once knew a guy in his 30's who when he was terrified of getting a colonoscopy because it impinged on his masculinity. seriously.

I understand completely what you mean about being born a hererosexual. In my mind there is no level of homo training :-) that's going to make me want to nuzzle with a dude. Pretty sure I could withstand unlimited viewings of Brokeback Mountain and walk away unscathed.

Maybe some guys are not so secure?
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby catchafew » Nov Sun 22, 2020 8:31 am

Ron, Thanks for ever being the iconoclast and satirist that tilts against the 4th estate.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Nov Sun 22, 2020 11:22 am

Only 5 more weeks till 2021. Can I get an Amen!

~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » Nov Sun 22, 2020 11:32 am

Rambler wrote:By 1943 most Americans were "wared" out but managed to see things through. If we had the current population of pissers & moaners back then Hitler would've won & we'd all be talking German.

Rambler, Fascinating topic for another post. With or without help from lend-lease I still think the third reich sealed their fate once they invaded Russia. German logistics folks said they couldn't support such a large extended front needed for Barbarossa but were ignored, Hitler privately confided in a conversation with Mannerheim that he had incorrect estimates of Soviet strength before that operation and wouldn't have invaded Russia. Yes the U.S. provided a distraction to the Japanese to remove a second front for the Soviets but Khalkhin Gol I think put to rest any ideas about adventures into Siberia. Soviets we the 2nd largest producer of steel, good oil reserves, etc... Prussians were operationally excellent in the field and but a lot of scholars suggested they were strategically short sighted and led by an Austrian corporal didn't help. 8th army air corps had questionable results as production went up on many products as Speer did his work. Not 100% sure if western Europe would be speaking German if we didn't enter in Europe. I'm proud of the work my late uncles and neighbor did in the Ardennes, New Guinea and at Iwo and for their cause nonetheless.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ganz1960 » Nov Sun 22, 2020 12:13 pm

KankRat wrote:I understand completely what you mean about being born a hererosexual.

Thanks…I think I'll back off this thread. I'm unlikely to change minds anyway it seems.

Bobberwatcher: let's agree to (strongly) disagree. Maybe we can get back to talking or even arguing about fishing techniques or gear. What's your favorite buzzbait? Crankbait? Line? Spring technique? Maybe we can civilly debate some of these topics instead.
ganz1960
Game Fish

Postby Brett » Nov Sun 22, 2020 1:48 pm

I think there is truth within arguments on both sides here. With regard to natural law it's been shown that in some social mammalian species that the more older male siblings a man has, the higher his chance of being gay. Sociology and psychology aside it makes mathematical sense because the more older male siblings he has the higher the likelihood of his children competing with their own genes for resources, and also the higher probability one of his older male siblings will be injured or killed and he can serve as a surrogate. In that sense gay men are a product of a species caring at all about fatherhood and family. I respect that quite a bit, still not sure I'm into drag queen story time.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Nov Sun 22, 2020 5:10 pm

catchafew wrote:Rambler, Fascinating topic for another post. With or without help from lend-lease I still think the third reich sealed their fate once they invaded Russia. German logistics folks said they couldn't support such a large extended front needed for Barbarossa but were ignored, Hitler privately confided in a conversation with Mannerheim that he had incorrect estimates of Soviet strength before that operation and wouldn't have invaded Russia. Yes the U.S. provided a distraction to the Japanese to remove a second front for the Soviets but Khalkhin Gol I think put to rest any ideas about adventures into Siberia. Soviets we the 2nd largest producer of steel, good oil reserves, etc... Prussians were operationally excellent in the field and but a lot of scholars suggested they were strategically short sighted and led by an Austrian corporal didn't help. 8th army air corps had questionable results as production went up on many products as Speer did his work. Not 100% sure if western Europe would be speaking German if we didn't enter in Europe. I'm proud of the work my late uncles and neighbor did in the Ardennes, New Guinea and at Iwo and for their cause nonetheless.

Mike - sometimes it makes sense to use hyperbole and/or simplification to make a point.

Was Barbarossa the beginning of the end for Hitler? Yes, of course. Had he bothered to read the history of Napoleon's invasion of Russia, if Germany had bothered to build long-range, heavy-duty cargo planes, if Poland and France hadn't fallen so quickly giving Hitler a feeling of overconfidence things might have been different. But if Hitler knew he'd made some miscalculations why did he command Paulus to fight to the last man at Stalingrad rather than making a tactical retreat? Let's be glad he insisted on not giving up ground. If he hadn't the war might have gone on for many more years.

Then of course, there's the whole thing about Hitler shifting his focus from taking Moscow to taking Stalingrad. Just another screw-up we should be thankful for.

On the other hand, if Stalin hadn't murdered so many of his top military in his purges or if he'd listened to the warnings British intelligence provided as to the coming onslaught the Nazis might not have had their initial successes.

As to lend lease, could the Russians have won without it? Maybe - and that's a big maybe. The Soviets (and now the Russians) have plenty of resources. But there's a difference between having resources and being able to develop them. The Soviets were poor in strategic materials like aluminum. Stalin consistently hounded Churchill & Roosevelt for raw materials to help in the war effort. It seems Communism isn't the best method of organizing vast resources & putting them to good use. Without the overwhelming manufacturing capacity of the US & the vision of FDR I suspect a big part of European Russia would be talking German now.

BTW - I read recently that some highly placed Nazis told Hitler that the US wouldn't be ready to enter the war until 1960. Oops...

History is replete with of 'what ifs'. Always interesting to discuss. But with the exception of things likeThe Man in the High Tower history is what it is.

Now what the hell were we talking about? Oh yeah - the pandemic. Maybe the good news about everything we're going through is that it will prepare us for the next one.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby KankRat » Nov Sun 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Two amusing stories. One of my friends constantly had girlfriend problems. I think most of the issues were on him but I have to admit he had a penchant for finding smoking hot, but the absolute nuttiest chicks. One day after a huge fight, he proclaimed, "Women are insane. I would find a boyfriend and turn gay if I didn't have to have sex with him."

Second. Coworker from a while back, older guy in his 60's. This guy loved to argue and he told me when he was younger he aws really into boxing and he just enjoyed fist fighting. He would just start fights for the hell of it. But he wasn't at all a racist and not a homophobe at all.Infact he HATED illinois Nazis with a passion and had many stories of how he publicly mocked his idiot white catholic neighbors for supporting them.
Super intelligent guy always reading. He used to actually follow judges, in the newspaper and take notes on them, so when he went to vote he knew who to vote for or not.

Told me when he got back from Vietnam, he was in a bar somewhere with his buddies. They were all pretty pickled. One in the group started harassing a guy that was gay. I don't know how they knew he was gay, wheter he said something or hit on him. Anyway the gay guy went into the restroom and this guy in the group followed him, the other guys did too. A fist fight ensued between the gay guy and the harasser. Really quick the latter, was on the ground with all his friends around laughing their asses off at him getting his ass kicked by a gay guy. So as the gay guy is on top of the harraser, beating the living bejesus out of him. He told them all, I'll paraphrase here but you can pretty much guess what he really said "there is only one thing I like more than performing oral sex on another man and that is kicking ass! Which caused much laughter to ensue, as one would imagine. My buddy said that he pulled the guy off him only because he thought was going to kill him. The next day the my buddy said the dude looked like he had been hit by a bus.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby BrookeT » Nov Sun 22, 2020 5:53 pm

Reminds of a bit in Eddie Murphy’s standup, Raw I think, and I’ll paraphrase: “ guys forget that gay guys are guys. Mess around with the wrong one and you’ll get your ass kicked.”
BrookeT
Pan Fish

Postby RonG » Nov Sun 22, 2020 9:21 pm

KankRat wrote:I went to catholic school and had to attend mass 6 days a week.

What pieces of garbage, he and his cohorts. So sad to see an organization take such a strong stand against abortion with most thinking it's about saving little babies. Then you find out it's more the church's fear that each baby aborted equals one less child for their protected clergy to have to sexually abuse down the road. Interesting too to see the gay community's stand that men abusing boys (pedophilia) are not homosexual acts. :think: So sick and so many victims. :thumbdown: There should be a law against it. Where is Charles Bronson when you need him?

The problem is so widespread and massive worldwide, they will have zero assets left when all is said and done and the victims are all paid.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby brownbutterperch » Nov Mon 23, 2020 6:28 am

joetrain wrote:Only 5 more weeks till 2021. Can I get an Amen!

~JOE~

Hey now, don't jinx us. Honestly though, there is some sunshine starting to peek through the clouds of 2020.
brownbutterperch
Minnow

Postby KankRat » Nov Mon 23, 2020 5:44 pm

RonG wrote:
KankRat wrote:I went to catholic school and had to attend mass 6 days a week.

What pieces of garbage, he and his cohorts. So sad to see an organization take such a strong stand against abortion with most thinking it's about saving little babies. Then you find out it's more the church's fear that each baby aborted equals one less child for their protected clergy to have to sexually abuse down the road. Interesting too to see the gay community's stand that men abusing boys (pedophilia) are not homosexual acts. :think: So sick and so many victims. :thumbdown: There should be a law against it. Where is Charles Bronson when you need him?

The problem is so widespread and massive worldwide, they will have zero assets left when all is said and done and the victims are all paid.

Pedophilia is rape.
As a purported member of the heterosexual community would you consider a grown man molesting a little girl a heterosexual act?
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby KankRat » Nov Mon 23, 2020 5:45 pm

BrookeT wrote:Reminds of a bit in Eddie Murphy’s standup, Raw I think, and I’ll paraphrase: “ guys forget that gay guys are guys. Mess around with the wrong one and you’ll get your ass kicked.”

I like to think the story was true and not embellished too much.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby RonG » Nov Tue 24, 2020 11:13 am

I guess Sweden is not doing too well with their 'let it rip' experiment and is paying the price now.

Bloomberg News, today wrote:Sweden was recently forced to recalibrate its approach against the virus, as the daily Covid death rate topped 7,000. In what Prime Minister Stefan Lofven called an “unprecedented” step earlier this month, Swedes will no longer be free to gather in public in groups larger than eight. The sale of alcohol is now also banned after 10 p.m.

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/sw ... -the-virus

My eyes bugged out with the 7,000 :shock: :shock: figure. How could a tiny country have daily deaths 7X higher than the USA?? Surely, they'll all be dead within the next month. :sick: I was getting ready to go and claim some nice homes and land in Sweden since there would be no occupants of anything there, nor anyone to stop me. :idea: :thumbup:

I researched and found that the real stats are that Sweden has lost a total of 6,400 since the pandemic started. Not sure, why fake-news Bloomberg news is reporting the rates are now 7,000 a day. :crazy: If it's not deliberate lies, it's reporting sloppier than JB Prixter in an all-you-can-eat ribs joint. Stupid fake news.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Nov Tue 24, 2020 12:27 pm

RonG wrote:I guess Sweden is not doing too well with their 'let it rip' experiment and is paying the price now.

Bloomberg News, today wrote:Sweden was recently forced to recalibrate its approach against the virus, as the daily Covid death rate topped 7,000. In what Prime Minister Stefan Lofven called an “unprecedented” step earlier this month, Swedes will no longer be free to gather in public in groups larger than eight. The sale of alcohol is now also banned after 10 p.m.

My eyes bugged out with the 7,000 :shock: :shock: figure. How could a tiny country have daily deaths 7X higher than the USA?? Surely, they'll all be dead within the next month. :sick: I was getting ready to go and claim some nice homes and land in Sweden since there would be no occupants of anything there, nor anyone to stop me. :idea: :thumbup:

I researched and found that the real stats are that Sweden has lost a total of 6,400 since the pandemic started. Not sure, why fake-news Bloomberg news is reporting the rates are now 7,000 a day. :crazy: If it's not deliberate lies, it's reporting sloppier than JB Prixter in an all-you-can-eat ribs joint. Stupid fake news.

It's simply a typo Ron. It should have been stated as the daily Covid infection rate broke 7,000, not death rate. They started breaking 7,000 on the 19th. Not everything is the media trying to deliberately mislead people with fake news.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby KankRat » Nov Tue 24, 2020 12:38 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
RonG wrote:I guess Sweden is not doing too well with their 'let it rip' experiment and is paying the price now.

Article says case rate.

It's simply a typo Ron. It should have been stated as the daily Covid infection rate broke 7,000, not death rate. They started breaking 7,000 on the 19th. Not everything is the media trying to deliberately mislead people with fake news.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby RonG » Nov Tue 24, 2020 12:48 pm

A typo is spelling a word wrong, transposing something, adding one too many zeros. No, that's why I referred to it as 'slop' reporting. It wasn't a typo. It was a professional journalist having no clue on what they are reporting. BTW, I see the story has been updated now over 4 times, yet they leave that stand as the writer doesn't know what a positive test total is from a daily death total.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Nov Tue 24, 2020 1:10 pm

RonG wrote:A typo is spelling a word wrong, transposing something, adding one too many zeros. No, that's why I referred to it as 'slop' reporting. It wasn't a typo. It was a professional journalist having no clue on what they are reporting. BTW, I see the story has been updated now over 4 times, yet they leave that stand as the writer doesn't know what a positive test total is from a daily death total.

Ron - suggest you move to Sweden & apply for the editors position. All papers - all around the world - are in need of good editors. Have you read the Trib lately? Freaking awful.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Nov Tue 24, 2020 1:32 pm

Rambler wrote: Have you read the Trib lately? Freaking awful.

I'll take your word for it. Reporting is in the toilet and I was starting to think there were no more editors to review what goes to print or air. Maybe the Trib is using Grammerly or some other spell checker software in lieu of a real editor. 'Probably using Alexa to gather it's news to publish.

Hiring a journalist or reporter now is more on merit of their bias than on any education, skills or experience.

**update: Half hour ago, they posted a correction saying they were wrong and shouldn't have said '7000 daily deaths'. Now they updated that and have taken out any mention of them screwing up. There is a lot of deliberate hit-and-run journalism. They post lies, slander and mistruths and only delete it or post a correction several days later when no one will ever see it. But in the meantime the damage is done just like the amount of time I've wasted on this today. :thumbdown:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby catchafew » Nov Tue 24, 2020 2:40 pm

RonG wrote:Hiring a journalist or reporter now is more on merit of their bias than on any education, skills or experience.
It's been going on for years Ron. Saw it years ago when I was getting my undergrad the malcontents writing editorials for the school newspaper. We'd all laugh at how out of touch they were and ham handed they were in pushing their dogma as we ate in the dormatory cafeteria. Then I'd hear snarky comments from pinhead writers I worked with for a local paper with a summer job as a teen, detached from reality. A cloistered and incaucated bunch to be sure.

Now we have to de-program the 8yo were raising with all the nonsense they pump into her head and ask her to use critical reasoning. Some day she's going to wave Mao's little red book in front of us.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Nov Tue 24, 2020 7:18 pm

I read all the local online rags when the state updates their numbers at 1p everyday. They do their best to illicit fear and downplay anything that does not illicit fear. It may be political, but I think the media mostly goes for the shock treatment to get clicks. If a headline and first paragraph grips a reader more then a competitors, they are rewarded with more clicks and loyalty. I miss me some Dan Rather. I wonder what the media is going to focus on when Trump is out of office and corornavirus is in the rear view mirror.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby KankRat » Nov Wed 25, 2020 12:25 pm

FishinMatt wrote:I read all the local online rags when the state updates their numbers at 1p everyday. They do their best to illicit fear and downplay anything that does not illicit fear. It may be political, but I think the media mostly goes for the shock treatment to get clicks. If a headline and first paragraph grips a reader more then a competitors, they are rewarded with more clicks and loyalty. I miss me some Dan Rather. I wonder what the media is going to focus on when Trump is out of office and corornavirus is in the rear view mirror.

LOL! Follow Dan Rather on Twitter. I do. I think he's freaking hilarious and totally awesome, but my guess is ya'll might not share that feeling.
KankRat
Fishing Fanatic

Postby RonG » Nov Wed 25, 2020 12:44 pm

Dan Rather is best when he's not entrusted with any news. He is the clown who pushed forged documents in his effort to throw a US presidential election. The scandal was ranked #3 on the Ten biggest TV blunders and he got booted. The Godfather of intentional fake news. He was Charles Manson and the news outlets are now filled with his followers.

His 'Big Interview' show where he interviews classic rock and other artists is excellent. I've got it set to auto-record each episode when they air and watch them while I work out. For this show he actually is quite knowledgeable on his interviewees, doing good pre-taping research. He's well-engaged and puts together a good show.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Nov Wed 25, 2020 1:02 pm

FishinMatt wrote:If a headline and first paragraph grips a reader more then a competitors, they are rewarded with more clicks and loyalty. I miss me some Dan Rather. I wonder what the media is going to focus on when Trump is out of office and corornavirus is in the rear view mirror.

Gentlemen, "If it bleeds it leads" has been the rule of journalism for over a century. Check out the coverage of the explosion of the USS Maine in Havana Harbor in 1898 - the lead-up to the Spanish-American War. Sensationalism sells!

And Matt - I've been wondering the same. But I'm pretty sure the Trumpster will continue to give Fox, MSNBC and CNN plenty of fodder for the next few years.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

PreviousNext

Return to WindyCityTavern