Bears thread

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: Bears thread

Postby Skifish1 » Dec Sun 18, 2016 10:44 pm

So happy to see promise for future and also another notch in the loss column, I'd love to see them lose out in competitive close games. Its just so much more satisfying watching some skills instead of mopey cutler - for the most part I've tuned out whenever Cutler has started the last few years. I really don't mind seeing these 3rd string young receivers with the "drops"....there is effort and energy in their routes and they are getting some invaluable experience. No egos either.

Is there really any comparison between mopey debbie downer and Barkley? Even Virginia is leaning more forward in her comfy seat when Barkley is behind the center. Jay he gone!
User avatar
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 4910
Joined: Nov Thu 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby Aux Pleins » Dec Mon 19, 2016 4:29 am

Boers and Bernstein are still saying Jay is the starter and the best chance we've got at winning a superbowl. :roll:

I had to listen to those morons say that every time someone complained about Jay. Finally glad it's all over.
Nature and shit.
User avatar
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 7622
Joined: May Thu 19, 2011 5:00 pm
Location: Gurnee

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Dec Mon 19, 2016 7:46 am

Game reminded me of the miserable old days. So much better watching at home.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby FishinMatt » Dec Mon 19, 2016 2:24 pm

I'm watching the end of the game thinking all the Bears have to do is prevent the deep ball and they force OT. Boom, 60 yard strike to Nelson. It is laughable, and btw the Packers are not very good either. Offensively they always have a shot with Rodgers but their defense is miserable
User avatar
FishinMatt
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 5945
Joined: Oct Tue 25, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Aurora

Re: Bears thread

Postby ohoffm » Dec Mon 19, 2016 3:42 pm

These bears are genuises. They proved they could beat the packers if they wanted to but did not score and gave up a big play to lose the game in order to ensure a higher draft pick :)
The easiest way is rarely the best way
User avatar
ohoffm
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Jul Fri 01, 2011 11:51 pm
Location: NW burbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Dec Mon 19, 2016 3:54 pm

ohoffm wrote:These bears are genuises. They proved they could beat the packers if they wanted to but did not score and gave up a big play to lose the game in order to ensure a higher draft pick :)


There have been a few losses at the very end under suspicious circumstances lately. Given that we are out of the playoffs you really have to wonder if the call to tie it with a FG instead of go for the win came from upstairs. I have plenty of ideas for what we can do in the draft so I don't totally mind lol.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Dec Sat 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Go Browns!

The deep ball seems to be Barkley's weakness. Howard is still a beast.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby Kamala » Dec Sun 25, 2016 5:16 am

Aux Pleins wrote:Boers and Bernstein are still saying Jay is the starter and the best chance we've got at winning a superbowl. :roll:

I had to listen to those morons say that every time someone complained about Jay. Finally glad it's all over.
Their show is terrible. Has been for years.

Cutler is a below average QB. Maybe the most over rated and paid in the history of the NFL.
Kamala
Fishing Czar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sep Wed 24, 2014 7:18 am
Location: South Of Chicago

Re: Bears thread

Postby Kamala » Dec Sun 25, 2016 5:20 am

Brett wrote:Howard is still a beast.
The Bears don't even know how to use him. Averages over 5 yards a carry, but only 17 carries a game.
Kamala
Fishing Czar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sep Wed 24, 2014 7:18 am
Location: South Of Chicago

Re: Bears thread

Postby Bassin' Ted » Dec Sun 25, 2016 9:11 am

Kamala wrote:
Aux Pleins wrote:Boers and Bernstein are still saying Jay is the starter and the best chance we've got at winning a superbowl. :roll:

I had to listen to those morons say that every time someone complained about Jay. Finally glad it's all over.
Their show is terrible. Has been for years.

Cutler is a below average QB. Maybe the most over rated and paid in the history of the NFL.


B&B is the best sports show in the history of Chicago sports radio. Sure, it's not what it was when it was the midday show and some of Bernstein's pet causes (PSU) become tiresome but it was still the best show out there. Really hope they pair Bernstein with Rozner.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
User avatar
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Jan Mon 17, 2011 11:07 am
Location: Tinley Park

Re: Bears thread

Postby Kamala » Dec Sun 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Bassin' Ted wrote:
Kamala wrote:
Aux Pleins wrote:Boers and Bernstein are still saying Jay is the starter and the best chance we've got at winning a superbowl. :roll:

I had to listen to those morons say that every time someone complained about Jay. Finally glad it's all over.
Their show is terrible. Has been for years.

Cutler is a below average QB. Maybe the most over rated and paid in the history of the NFL.


B&B is the best sports show in the history of Chicago sports radio
Yeah, in the "great history of Chicago sports talk." The national sports talk shows, blows their show, and the Scores lineup away.
Kamala
Fishing Czar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sep Wed 24, 2014 7:18 am
Location: South Of Chicago

Re: Bears thread

Postby Bassin' Ted » Dec Sun 25, 2016 4:07 pm

Kamala wrote:
Bassin' Ted wrote:
B&B is the best sports show in the history of Chicago sports radio
Yeah, in the "great history of Chicago sports talk." The national sports talk shows, blows their show, and the Scores lineup away.


Which ones? ESPN is terrible. Their daily shows are awful. Mike and Mike is such scripted, ESPN-directed garbage. Dan Patrick is probably the best out there but I still don't want to listen to him everyday since he talks about a lot of sports I am not interested in. Simmons is decent in small doses until he starts talking about reality TV or has another Lena Dunham interview. Plus, he is so thin-skinned and whiney it does make it hard to listen to him. I know some guys rave about Lebatard but I listened to a few of his shows before stopping. Curious who you think is so good.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
User avatar
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Jan Mon 17, 2011 11:07 am
Location: Tinley Park

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Dec Sun 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Kamala wrote:
Brett wrote:Howard is still a beast.
The Bears don't even know how to use him. Averages over 5 yards a carry, but only 17 carries a game.


Totally valid point, but on the other end why put the mileage on him for this year? Only get so many carries out a career these days.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Dec Sun 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Bears are currently third in draft order and have the same record as Jacksonville who is 4th, but its possible both lose next week and they move ahead of us, as the tiebreaker is strength of schedule and the current margin is thin enough it could flop next week.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby Kamala » Dec Mon 26, 2016 4:45 am

Bassin' Ted wrote:
Kamala wrote:
Bassin' Ted wrote:
B&B is the best sports show in the history of Chicago sports radio
Yeah, in the "great history of Chicago sports talk." The national sports talk shows, blows their show, and the Scores lineup away.


Which ones? ESPN is terrible. Their daily shows are awful. Mike and Mike is such scripted, ESPN-directed garbage. Dan Patrick is probably the best out there but I still don't want to listen to him everyday since he talks about a lot of sports I am not interested in. Simmons is decent in small doses until he starts talking about reality TV or has another Lena Dunham interview. Plus, he is so thin-skinned and whiney it does make it hard to listen to him. I know some guys rave about Lebatard but I listened to a few of his shows before stopping. Curious who you think is so good.


http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/

http://www.sbnationradio.com/

http://www.nbcsportsradio.com/

http://radio.cbssports.com/

Plenty of on air talent to choose from.
Kamala
Fishing Czar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sep Wed 24, 2014 7:18 am
Location: South Of Chicago

Re: Bears thread

Postby FishinMatt » Dec Mon 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Ted, I take it you are into analytics and hard data. For me the show is repetitive. The hosts have their opinions which are often valid and take calls from passionate, often uneducated fans, then proceed to make fun of them and tear them apart. It just gets old to me after awhile. If I want to look at analytical data there are a multitude of sites out there with great information. Not a huge fan of Espn programming, but I usually only listen to B&B when Espn is on commercial break.
User avatar
FishinMatt
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 5945
Joined: Oct Tue 25, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Aurora

Re: Bears thread

Postby Bassin' Ted » Dec Mon 26, 2016 6:37 pm

FishinMatt wrote:Ted, I take it you are into analytics and hard data. For me the show is repetitive. The hosts have their opinions which are often valid and take calls from passionate, often uneducated fans, then proceed to make fun of them and tear them apart. It just gets old to me after awhile. If I want to look at analytical data there are a multitude of sites out there with great information. Not a huge fan of Espn programming, but I usually only listen to B&B when Espn is on commercial break.


You're right- I love the data especially for baseball. Fangraphs is one of my favorite sites as is looking at hockey metrics. You're right about B&B and their caller bashing. It was their shtick and I've never been a huge fan of it. I guess overall I just hate the sugar-coating of sports that come from ESPN and other national media outlets. It's what happens when ESPN has huge multi-year contracts with leagues. How can you be so honest and critical when you are televising their games and you want to get another deal in the future? And team reporters are the worst. They are just mouthpieces for the team. I don't care about hearing anything Tracey Myers ever says.

I would much rather listen to the Score and their raw reporting of sports and opinions from hosts than the cleaned-up product that ESPN provides. Have you ever heard what McNeil said he couldn't discuss while he was a host for ESPN? Can't remember it completely but it spoke volumes about the product that ESPN wants to present to its listeners. Podcasts are a great source for honest reporting. The Five Hole by Faxes from Uncle Dale (formerly the Committed Indian) gives a brutally honest and vulgar podcast about the Hawks which is better than anything you'll hear from professional media. If you like the Hawks it is a must listen. Not surprisingly, those guys are huge fans of the B&B show.

Yeah, I listen to a lot shows and podcasts. I almost always am listening to something while fishing.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
User avatar
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Jan Mon 17, 2011 11:07 am
Location: Tinley Park

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Dec Mon 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Hard times are over. Found our new QB, boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcuenyI-PKM

For clarification, "Using the football as a prop for a demonstration" is totally something you want on your rap sheet.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Jan Sun 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Ugly season, but I expect a big jump next year. We have a ton of young guys, some who will be standouts and some who will be role-players, who are accumulating experience faster than their peers on most other teams. We also have a very high slot in the draft order, a ton of cap space, and a GM who I think will ultimately be defined by the results of the moves he makes this off-season. Personally I would like to see it go like this:

Trade 2018 1st rounder and 2017 4th rounder to New England for Arlington Heights native and potential Busse veteran Jimmy Garapolo, QB.
Trade 2017 1st rounder for lower 2017 1st rounder and add'l 2017 pick. Take a DB in the first round.
Grab at least one OT and a QB (Pat Mahomes would be ideal) & TE with higher remaining picks. Draft a return man if you have to also, get one somehow.

Sign a free agent DB, if we drafted a safety sign corner and vice versa.
Sign free agent receiver talent.
Sign free agent OT
But very importantly no blockbuster deals. That comes the year after we surprise people, leave some cap space for when it happens. No Eric Berry :(

Issue here is Garapolo's contract is almost up. Assuming we could get some kind of new deal agreed to before committing to the trade. That does happen though and he is a local and likely would like to be here. And hopefully the Osweiler situation drops the value contracts expected by unproven backup free agents.

It is unnerving cutting deals with Belichek but I like this better than sticking with Cutty or putting it all on the shoulders of a rookie from a less than stellar QB class. And I don't get fired if it happens and doesn't work out.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby coyote » Jan Sun 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Corners suck, safeties suck, wide receivers really totally suck, no depth at Running back, no Quarterback with the softest schedule in the league . Winning 3 games shows how bad they and the Coach who cant coach anymore are. Simple as that. Go Pack.
User avatar
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mar Sat 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Jan Sun 01, 2017 7:23 pm

coyote wrote:Corners suck, safeties suck, wide receivers really totally suck, no depth at Running back, no Quarterback with the softest schedule in the league . Winning 3 games shows how bad they and the Coach who cant coach anymore are. Simple as that. Go Pack.


Cam Meredith is solid and your RB is a receiver. Our receivers prefer to throw TD passes when the play out of position :P
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby UglyStick » Jan Sun 01, 2017 8:52 pm

I would really like the Bears to want the ball when they win the coin flip! Don't see much confidence
in their offence when they defer while playing in a domed stadium. There's too many times where they
are already losing before the offense even steps on the field. They are last in takeaways, so what's the
point.
UglyStick
Pan Fish
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Aug Sat 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby coyote » Jan Sun 01, 2017 9:39 pm

Just cause they throw to Meredith does not mean he is good. Someone has to get the ball thrown to him when there is no on else to toss too. This show how old i am but to my point, ill never forget in 1978 Falcons had a guy named Billy Ryckman he was the worst and slowest split end i ever saw. He led the team in receptions with 45 by 1980 he was out of the league.Cam did toss a nice pass though. Eddie Royal was a pretty good player too bad he got hurt he could have taught these other clowns how to play the game.
User avatar
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mar Sat 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Jan Mon 02, 2017 10:33 am

I'll say what I've said at least once every year since idiot Mike McKaskey fired Jerry Vainisi in '86 after they won the Super Bowl.

It all starts at the top. This team will struggle until the McKaskeys - the absolute worst owners in professional sports - sell the team. The '85 Bears were built by Jim Finks who was hired by Mugsy Halas - the last of the family with a clue. 2006 was anecdotal proof of the blind squirrel story.

Unfortunately the McCaskeys have structured things that between having to pay off the vestiges of the Halas family and paybacks to the NFL make a sale highly unattractive.

BTW - for proof of how a change of ownership effects a team we only have to look to the Cubs.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby coyote » Jan Mon 02, 2017 10:55 am

Totally agree Rambler. Mccaskeys Suck to no end.
User avatar
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mar Sat 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby FishinMatt » Jan Mon 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Great post Rambler. Nobody has a clue and it is a revolvimg door of failed experiments. The Bears philosophy with high picks is they like to take the "best athlete" then play him out of position while the rest of the NFL laughs at the choice of a player they could of had 2 rounds later. It becomes more laughable as the rest of the league becomes more dependant on using analytics on grading and ultimately selecting players while the Bears front office seems to be throwing darts while blind folded. The only other teams in modern history that were that awful were the Bucs and Lions, but even they have turned the corner. The only way the Bears ever have any chance of putting a consistent winner on the field is an ownership change.
User avatar
FishinMatt
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 5945
Joined: Oct Tue 25, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Aurora

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Jan Mon 02, 2017 1:47 pm

It seems to go back to the 60s & 70s. I read an interview with Jim Dooley years ago. He pointed out that Papa Bear hated agents & lawyers & prohibited front office people from considering players who had representation.

This of course meant they had to draft 5th & 6th round talent in the 1st & 2nd rounds. Still can't figure out how they got Sayers & Butkus in the same draft. Again, the blind squirrel phenomenon.

And on it goes...I'm rooting for the Steelers from here on out. I got into them back in '69 when the Bears & Steelers tied for worst records (1-13). When draft day came they flipped a coin and the Bears lost (what else?) The Steelers chose Bradshaw. The Bears traded their choice to the 49ers for 2 awful, long forgotten players. The Steelers went on to greatness. The Bears??? HAHAHAHAHA - WHAT A FREAKIN' JOKE.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Jan Mon 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Brett wrote:Trade 2018 1st rounder and 2017 4th rounder to New England for Arlington Heights native and potential Busse veteran Jimmy Garapolo, QB.

Oh and BTW. Nice idea Brett. But if you were Garapolo; playing behind Brady; knowing that sooner or later he has to retire and you would play for Belichick; would you want to come to the Bears?

Really?
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby coyote » Jan Mon 02, 2017 5:08 pm

I was at that Bears game in 69 when Bears won 38 to 7. Man i loved Bobby Douglass.
User avatar
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mar Sat 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby ffishman » Jan Tue 03, 2017 8:31 am

I could see the Bears picking up Romo. He claims he will not play back up, so play him or trade him. He is on the verge of being over the hill and gets hurt a lot, but if the Bears could sign him for one year it would give them time to draft and develop a new QB
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day, you do the math
User avatar
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: May Mon 10, 2010 8:51 am
Location: Schaumburg

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Jan Tue 03, 2017 9:07 am

coyote wrote:I was at that Bears game in 69 when Bears won 38 to 7. Man i loved Bobby Douglass.

He could've been one hell of a tight end. :D

ffishman wrote:I could see the Bears picking up Romo

Yes. Bring him on for 1 year, draft a hot prospect and see what happens. If they bring Cutler back there's no hope - something tells me he still hasn't matured to the point where he'd be a good teacher.

And on the wild possibility of the McKaskeys deciding to let go of Fox (and having 2 former head coaches still on the payroll) how about former spare Bear Sean Payton? I heard he might part ways with the Saints.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby coyote » Jan Tue 03, 2017 9:58 am

Bring in Romo, hes got a year left in him,and hes from just over the border and loves to fish. Maybe he got some secrets for us guys here at WCF :D
User avatar
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mar Sat 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jan Tue 03, 2017 11:01 am

Rambler wrote:
coyote wrote:I was at that Bears game in 69 when Bears won 38 to 7. Man i loved Bobby Douglass.

He could've been one hell of a tight end. :D

ffishman wrote:I could see the Bears picking up Romo

Yes. Bring him on for 1 year, draft a hot prospect and see what happens. If they bring Cutler back there's no hope - something tells me he still hasn't matured to the point where he'd be a good teacher.

And on the wild possibility of the McKaskeys deciding to let go of Fox (and having 2 former head coaches still on the payroll) how about former spare Bear Sean Payton? I heard he might part ways with the Saints.


There are no QB's in this draft that I would want the Bears to grab, and especially no hot prospects at the position. I don't think any of them are franchise player types. Very weak QB draft class, IMO... I'd rather see them take a serious game-changer/impact type player for defense or their O line with the #3.
User avatar
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mar Sat 12, 2016 11:24 pm
Location: Western Burbs, IL

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Jan Tue 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Rambler wrote:
Brett wrote:Trade 2018 1st rounder and 2017 4th rounder to New England for Arlington Heights native and potential Busse veteran Jimmy Garapolo, QB.

Oh and BTW. Nice idea Brett. But if you were Garapolo; playing behind Brady; knowing that sooner or later he has to retire and you would play for Belichick; would you want to come to the Bears?

Really?


Garapolo's rookie contract is up in a year and he needs to get paid, Brady doesn't look to be leaving that soon and they can't pay both, and Belichek already named his price. 1st and a 4th. Unless Brady consumes a strawberry or tomato and spontaneously combusts in the near future there is a good shot.

Also please add to my plan a contract extension for Akiem Hicks.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby WetWader » Jan Wed 04, 2017 8:55 am

Belichek is smoking crack. He wants a 1st and 4th rd pick for a QB that has only played 2-3 games and was a later rd pick if i'm not mistaken.
User avatar
WetWader
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Aug Wed 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Jan Wed 04, 2017 9:26 am

WetWader wrote:Belichek is smoking crack

If true let's see if we can get some of the same stuff for Pace, Fox, et. al.

Reminds me of what Lincoln said when he was told Grant was a drunk...
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Jan Wed 04, 2017 3:09 pm

WetWader wrote:Belichek is smoking crack. He wants a 1st and 4th rd pick for a QB that has only played 2-3 games and was a later rd pick if i'm not mistaken.


It would explain his game day outfits....

Garapolo was a 2nd rounder. He's sat behind Brady the way Rodgers and Young sat behind Favre and Montana. Unfortunately I have more faith in that to develop a QB than anything the McCaskey's are going to put together. Fox is defense and run game all day. Loggains is unproven.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby Kamala » Jan Thu 05, 2017 4:16 am

Just about every player that has left the Patriots, has turned out to be a disappointment on other teams.
Kamala
Fishing Czar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sep Wed 24, 2014 7:18 am
Location: South Of Chicago

Re: Bears thread

Postby FishinMatt » Jan Thu 05, 2017 10:09 am

HUGE price to pay to get Garapulo. Only the most desperate teams would pay that price. With the Bears though, why not. Both those draft picks have a high probability of being busts anyways if drafted by the Bears.
User avatar
FishinMatt
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 5945
Joined: Oct Tue 25, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Aurora

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Jan Thu 05, 2017 10:27 am

FishinMatt wrote:HUGE price to pay to get Garapulo. Only the most desperate teams would pay that price. With the Bears though, why not. Both those draft picks have a high probability of being busts anyways if drafted by the Bears.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Spot on!
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jan Thu 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Pace has drafted well, actually....

Particularly this last draft.
User avatar
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mar Sat 12, 2016 11:24 pm
Location: Western Burbs, IL

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Jan Thu 05, 2017 3:17 pm

FishinMatt wrote:HUGE price to pay to get Garapulo. Only the most desperate teams would pay that price. With the Bears though, why not. Both those draft picks have a high probability of being busts anyways if drafted by the Bears.


Supply and demand. Minnesota gave the same up for Bradford as a rental. This years college crop isn't very promising.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby WaterGuy » Jan Thu 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Garapolo would be a horrible trade for the Bears imo. It's not like they are 1 player away from being a contender. Minnesota felt like they were last year for good reason. The Bears have a ton of holes and need every pick they can get. I think Ryan Pace has done a decent job drafting so far and has just had some bad luck with injuries with some of his picks. Belichick cast offs almost never pan out elsewhere..especially the quarterbacks. With Tom Brady almost 40, I can't imagine he would trade Garapolo unless he had some doubts.
WaterGuy
2013 WCF Fantasy Football Champion
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Oct Wed 08, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Jan Thu 05, 2017 7:37 pm

WaterGuy wrote:Garapolo would be a horrible trade for the Bears imo. It's not like they are 1 player away from being a contender. Minnesota felt like they were last year for good reason. The Bears have a ton of holes and need every pick they can get. I think Ryan Pace has done a decent job drafting so far and has just had some bad luck with injuries with some of his picks. Belichick cast offs almost never pan out elsewhere..especially the quarterbacks. With Tom Brady almost 40, I can't imagine he would trade Garapolo unless he had some doubts.


Tried to throw some extra picks in there for ya and trade next years first rounder instead of this years. Would you go KcKinnon or Glennon or Garapolo at a lower price? I want to draft a QB as well (similar quality in 2nd/3rd round to 1st imo). I just feel like if we draft one now and don't win right away then he learns Loggains system then Loggains gets fired and its OC merry go round just like Cutler. I don't see Garapolo being a huge star or anything, just the rest of our team is built for defense and the run game. A servicable QB who can throw playaction passes and not turn the ball over will make us competitive, Garapolo I think is a bit better than that. We actually stack up quite well in most offensive categories to the rest of the league. Our problems were turnovers and points scored. Hard to score when you keep giving the other team the ball. If a Pat Mahomes or Davis Webb wants to give the starter a run for his money he is free to do so whenever he pleases, lol.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby WaterGuy » Jan Thu 05, 2017 8:43 pm

I misread your post, my bad. Next years 1st definitely sounds better. Still have to think long and hard about it if I was Pace. Sounds like no QB top of the draft worthy, but they do need to draft one. Would be awesome if we lucked into one like the Cowboys, but that would be so unlike the Bears. They seemed to be cursed!
WaterGuy
2013 WCF Fantasy Football Champion
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Oct Wed 08, 2008 8:57 am

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Jan Thu 05, 2017 8:57 pm

I just want Garapolo so I can corner him on Busse and give my unsolicited amateur advice directly to the team.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Jan Mon 09, 2017 11:05 am

Anyone else enjoy what the Steelers did to the fish? Steelers have been my alternative team since the 70s. Hope they go all the way.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

Re: Bears thread

Postby Brett » Jan Mon 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Rambler wrote:Anyone else enjoy what the Steelers did to the fish? Steelers have been my alternative team since the 70s. Hope they go all the way.


Used to be mine until Roethlisberger. I'm following Seattle because of Devin Hester.

Also have to congratulate Green Bay on the win, my condolences about Jordy Nelson.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Apr Wed 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Location: Berwyn

Re: Bears thread

Postby coyote » Jan Mon 09, 2017 12:56 pm

As much as i love the Pack, Jordy is a overrrated . Dont like the Packs defense it will be there downfall going up before Dallas. Hoping they can pull off big upset.
User avatar
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mar Sat 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Bears thread

Postby Rambler » Jan Mon 09, 2017 1:58 pm

coyote wrote: Hoping they can pull off big upset.

The only time I root for the Pack is when they're playing Dallas. I HATE THE F'ING COWBOYS.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
User avatar
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: Sep Wed 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Near West suburbs

PreviousNext

Return to WindyCityTavern

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests