Bears thread

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: Bears thread

Postby Scipio24 » Sep Tue 20, 2016 7:44 am

~Scott
Scipio24
Fishing Fanatic

Postby BassCaster » Sep Tue 20, 2016 8:48 am

Man I just love Cutler he just the right guy to wager against. You know that interception or critical fumble is coming. He's so dam "consistent ".
I have just a world of faith he will blow it. Betting again him alone is fun :clap:

Keep up the good work Jay Cutler you aces in my book :thumbup:
I spent half my money on fishing, gambling, alcohol, women and billiards. The other half I wasted.
BassCaster
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Sep Tue 20, 2016 9:27 am

What a sorry mess. Glad the Cubs were on. 6-10 will be a miracle.

I feel bad for Fox - my dad (he coached football years ago at a Chicago HS) always said, "a coach will take you only as far as the horses he has will go."
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Brett » Sep Tue 20, 2016 11:03 am

Brutal. Just hope Goldman is okay, didn't look good.

The O-line looks horrible, wondering if that labrum is keeping Kyle Long from being Kyle Long. And I'm not impressed with Dowell Loggains at all right now. We are being surgically dismantled in the second half.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Sep Tue 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Just awful. I used to watch when they were bad, but I can't take it anymore. No interest until Cutler is gone.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby ffishman » Sep Tue 20, 2016 5:25 pm

I would guess the talk in the upper offices is how to get a QB for next season.
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day, you do the math
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Sep Tue 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Sucks Connor Shaw got hurt in the preseason. I'd rather watch him have a go than Hoyer.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Skifish1 » Sep Tue 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Bring back the honey bears.....
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ffishman » Sep Tue 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Brett wrote:Sucks Connor Shaw got hurt in the preseason. I'd rather watch him have a go than Hoyer.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. He may be the future.
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby WaterGuy » Sep Sun 25, 2016 8:39 pm

I take back what I said in my previous comment. They are as bad as everyone said. Looks like I'll have a little extra time to fish this fall.
WaterGuy
2013 WCF Fantasy Football Champion

Postby Brett » Oct Sun 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Big win today, against a division rival too. Jordan Howard is making a case to be the number one back. Also liked the first career Deoindre Hall interception
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ffishman » Oct Mon 03, 2016 7:55 am

A win is a win. They almost blew it in the end, but,....... Lots of young players, could be a bright future if they get their act together.
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Oct Mon 03, 2016 9:37 am

ffishman wrote:A win is a win.

So true, even when it's as ugly as this one way. So glad the Cubs were on.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Brett » Oct Mon 03, 2016 11:14 am

Our defense looked pretty damn good being as decimated as it is. If we can give up less than a touchdown on D every week (Lions TD was a punt return), we will be in pretty good shape. Give these kids time, good things will happen.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Oct Mon 31, 2016 6:53 pm

Anyone else still watching these guys? It's Halloween, anything can happen tonight...
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Oct Mon 31, 2016 10:41 pm

How bout them apples? Jordan Howard with an epic night, another sack from Floyd. Akiem Hicks dominant. Pace is a genius, you just have to watch them develop like a fine wine instead of spewing hate like Jay Marriotti every time something goes wrong. Lot of young talent on this roster getting snaps while their peers sit on the bench. Lets hope the good luck stays around through Wednesday.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ffishman » Nov Tue 01, 2016 7:50 am

Play like that the rest of the year, and the playoffs are a possibility.
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Nov Tue 01, 2016 7:02 pm

ffishman wrote:Play like that the rest of the year, and the playoffs are a possibility.

It would be just like Cutler to come back and play well, ruin our draft, then win a Super Bowl with Arizona next year.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Nov Wed 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Brett wrote:It would be just like Cutler to come back and play well, ruin our draft, then win a Super Bowl with Arizona next year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!

Actually I have finally found the best way to deal with the anxiety of being a Bears fan - I forgot to watch the game Monday night. Guess that means I might not be a Bears fan anymore.

But jeez - the Cubs are so distracting. Is there a way to keep the series going until after next Tuesday? That way we wouldn't have to listen to or watch anymore political shit.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby ffishman » Nov Wed 02, 2016 4:47 pm

You for got about the Bears??? Did the Cubs play that day???
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Nov Sat 19, 2016 5:45 pm

I maintain a more positive outlook than most, but this season has been rough to watch. So here is some footage of Sweetness playing QB for a quarter against the Packers. Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALfHsO1ZVw
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Nov Sat 19, 2016 6:34 pm

Dont even bring up my beloved Packers......bigggest diapppoitmentin the NFL!
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Nov Sat 19, 2016 8:18 pm

coyote wrote:Dont even bring up my beloved Packers......bigggest diapppoitmentin the NFL!

NFC North is wide open, Rodgers in the playoffs has a shot.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Nov Sun 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Barkley looked impressive today, a drop away from a comeback victory. Anyone else see it?
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Nov Mon 28, 2016 2:43 am

Matt Barkley is an awful NFL quarterback.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby Brett » Nov Mon 28, 2016 8:59 am

Over half his career passing attempts and first start were yesterday. 6 red zone drives, 3 td passes (should have been 4). Like ten other drops. Let the kid play its working in Dallas.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Nov Mon 28, 2016 10:20 am

Brett wrote:I wish they still had that guy sing the are you ready for some football song.

That would be Hank Williams Jr.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby BassCaster » Nov Mon 28, 2016 12:14 pm

FishinMatt wrote:Matt Barkley is an awful NFL quarterback.

Barkley did nothing more than establish himself as a viable NFL backup going forward,
and that’s great for him, but forgive me if I bask in the glory of Bears fans trying to
convince themselves he’s their answer at quarterback.
I spent half my money on fishing, gambling, alcohol, women and billiards. The other half I wasted.
BassCaster
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Nov Mon 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Barkley isn't the solution. Just a temporary one for the final handful of games. I fully expect the bears to draft a QB this year
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Nov Mon 28, 2016 2:22 pm

They should totally draft one but we aren't in any position to be close minded. The position needs depth and competition. Barkley should get to keep playing for now, and he and Shaw and the rookie should all be in the mix. Cutler needs to go just for closure (I fear he won't). Fales is the one who is truly temporary right now.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby WetWader » Nov Mon 28, 2016 3:14 pm

There are no good QB prospects in the upcoming draft. All FA at QB currently are backup quality at best with the exception of Kirk Cousins. He will probably get another deal with the Redskins though. The biggest thing we could use on offense for next year is to go out and grab some decent weapons for Cutler to throw to. Alshon had one good year back when Marshal was here because people were constantly doubling up on Marshal leaving Alshon open for a lot of "jump ball" situations in 1 on 1 coverage. He's slow with a long stride and can't get separation. Ever since that year the bears have been treating him like the next BM. Kevin White is "mr glass" and can't stay healthy. Terrell Pryor, Taylor Gabriel, Michael Floyd, and Pierre Garcon are all FA's next year and some talent that we could use. Defense has been littered with injury but alot of the 2nd string guys are getting valuable experience right now and will only make the team stronger next year. We've seen flashes of it's potential like the Minnesota game. We have 11 of 22 starters currently on IR or suspended which makes it real hard to evaluate anything. Getting rid of Cutler is not the answer until we can find a suitable replacement. We need to find a green QB in the draft with great talent but a couple years away from being Pro ready and let him learn on the sidelines.
WetWader
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Nov Mon 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Here's what I did during the game.
One was 32 and one was 34.
~JOE~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Nov Mon 28, 2016 3:47 pm

WetWader wrote:There are no good QB prospects in the upcoming draft. All FA at QB currently are backup quality at best with the exception of Kirk Cousins. He will probably get another deal with the Redskins though. The biggest thing we could use on offense for next year is to go out and grab some decent weapons for Cutler to throw to. Alshon had one good year back when Marshal was here because people were constantly doubling up on Marshal leaving Alshon open for a lot of "jump ball" situations in 1 on 1 coverage. He's slow with a long stride and can't get separation. Ever since that year the bears have been treating him like the next BM. Kevin White is "mr glass" and can't stay healthy. Terrell Pryor, Taylor Gabriel, Michael Floyd, and Pierre Garcon are all FA's next year and some talent that we could use. Defense has been littered with injury but alot of the 2nd string guys are getting valuable experience right now and will only make the team stronger next year. We've seen flashes of it's potential like the Minnesota game. We have 11 of 22 starters currently on IR or suspended which makes it real hard to evaluate anything. Getting rid of Cutler is not the answer until we can find a suitable replacement. We need to find a green QB in the draft with great talent but a couple years away from being Pro ready and let him learn on the sidelines.

I'd rather have offensive tackles than receivers. One rookie, one FA. And a big tight end to throw to. Our WR group isn't the greatest but its one of our deepest positions unfortunately.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby WetWader » Nov Mon 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Brett wrote:
WetWader wrote:There are no good QB prospects in the upcoming draft. All FA at QB currently are backup quality at best with the exception of Kirk Cousins. He will probably get another deal with the Redskins though. The biggest thing we could use on offense for next year is to go out and grab some decent weapons for Cutler to throw to. Alshon had one good year back when Marshal was here because people were constantly doubling up on Marshal leaving Alshon open for a lot of "jump ball" situations in 1 on 1 coverage. He's slow with a long stride and can't get separation. Ever since that year the bears have been treating him like the next BM. Kevin White is "mr glass" and can't stay healthy. Terrell Pryor, Taylor Gabriel, Michael Floyd, and Pierre Garcon are all FA's next year and some talent that we could use. Defense has been littered with injury but alot of the 2nd string guys are getting valuable experience right now and will only make the team stronger next year. We've seen flashes of it's potential like the Minnesota game. We have 11 of 22 starters currently on IR or suspended which makes it real hard to evaluate anything. Getting rid of Cutler is not the answer until we can find a suitable replacement. We need to find a green QB in the draft with great talent but a couple years away from being Pro ready and let him learn on the sidelines.

I'd rather have offensive tackles than receivers. One rookie, one FA. And a big tight end to throw to. Our WR group isn't the greatest but its one of our deepest positions unfortunately.

We have tackles they are hurt. So you want more protection for the QB to throw to receivers that can't catch and aren't playmakers? Last time i checked Zach Miller was one of the best TE's in the league(also hurt). We can be deep as the grand canyon with WR's but that doesn't mean crap if they can't make plays on a consistant basis.
WetWader
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Nov Mon 28, 2016 6:58 pm

WetWader wrote:
Brett wrote:

We have tackles they are hurt. So you want more protection for the QB to throw to receivers that can't catch and aren't playmakers? Last time i checked Zach Miller was one of the best TE's in the league(also hurt). We can be deep as the grand canyon with WR's but that doesn't mean crap if they can't make plays on a consistant basis.

Who? Leno is kind of sufficient but is a swing tackle at best on a team with a good O-Line. Massie sucks. He was supposed to at least be able to run block but he just sucks. We have solid interior starters and an emerging run game. I'd like a developing QB to be able to fall back in the run and be protected passing, rather than just get battered like our QBs this year and in the past. Miller is good so far when he is healthy but hasn't played enough to be one of the best in the league IMO, and is one dimensional. Our scheme also uses a lot of multiple tight end sets and emphasizes the run. Alshon may be easier to resign after the suspension. White is a toss up. Meredith and Wilson are good number 3 guys at minimum. Braverman could potentially replace Royal in the slot. And there's Bellamy and Thompson still, for now. I could see using a late round pick to give them some competition. Maybe a guy who can return kicks. Not the greatest but I would run with it for a year and shore up QB, O-Line, and the secondary before wide-outs.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Dec Sun 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Let me first say im only watching the Bears today cause i just had surgery and i got no choice to sit on couch.
They are so pathetic, i watch them get run over 4 or 5 plays in a row and then Akeem Nicksmakes a tackle and think he saved the world. Then i watch them field a punt on the 5 yard line, are you kidding me when is that ever ok. Then i watch them get a punt blocked only to watch the idiot 49ers celebrate a td that never happened and our now penalized for celebration and only end up with a field goal, Also got to love the wipmy attempt Oconell makes at a tackle. This Team is worst than the 69 Bears my Pop and me had seson tickets too that had a 1-13 record they sucked but they had one thing this team doesnt have......Heart.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Dec Sun 04, 2016 2:34 pm

O'Donnell smacked him on the ass on his way over the goal line, it was embarrassing. But we're winning at the half!!!
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Dec Sun 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Yes they are winning, love to se them beat kapernick what a tool he is.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Dec Sun 04, 2016 4:13 pm

Haha. He's from Wisconsin and just got his ass whipped in the snow by a QB from California and RB playing his first ever game in the snow. Viva la revolucion, Kap!
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Dec Sun 04, 2016 8:22 pm

The only exciting thing about this game is 1 team had to win, and that rarely happens for either team. Glad Kap got pummelled.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby coyote » Dec Sun 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Josh Bellamy should have never been playing , but yet idiot Fox lets him play and he drops 2 more passes. Fox absolutly one of the worst coaches in NFL.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Dec Sun 04, 2016 9:35 pm

Barkley looked great again, albeit against a bad defense again. Once they let him throw the ball anyway. Still skeptical but we still get to see him play against each division opponent once before the end of the year. Jordan Howard and Leonard Floyd continue to kick ass. Hope Whitehair is okay.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ffishman » Dec Mon 05, 2016 5:35 pm

I am a die hard Bears fan, give what it may. A win is a win, no matter what. I would have been happy if they were playing a high school team. Its better to watch them win???? then to lose. So shoot me. :evil: :evil:
ffishman
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Dec Sun 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Bellamy drops 2 more ...lets see 9or10 drops in 3 games. Merideth drops at least 1more. Braverman makes a great catch for 20 yard reception only his only thrown ball to him. Guarantee dumbass Fox will be playing Bellamy again next week. Fox should be tossed asap. Any other player in the league would not be playing with all those drops......oh wait hes great :roll: on Special Teams.....
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Dec Sun 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Bears inching up the draft board. It was a good day!
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby Brett » Dec Sun 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Got ourselves a game here against the Packers. Let it be known that Bellamy made two big plays in a row! Cautiously optimistic but I'm still liking watching Barkley play.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Dec Sun 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Brett wrote:Got ourselves a game here against the Packers. Let it be known that Bellamy made two big plays in a row! Cautiously optimistic but I'm still liking watching Barkley play.

45 minutes and 3 picks later...... :(

Can't even make fun of Devantae Adams because he is tanking my fantasy team.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Dec Sun 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Bellamy also dropped 2 more passes.. Good game to watch. Rodgers played on one leg, what a Stud. Go Pack
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Dec Sun 18, 2016 5:41 pm

Hell of a game. Not a fan of kicking that last field goal. Should have gone for the kill shot.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Dec Sun 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Bears inch up the draft board again. Glad I got Ty Montgomery off the waiver wire for this game :lol:
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to WindyCityTavern