Fish Tank Thread

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Fish Tank Thread

Postby Aux Pleins » Jan Tue 15, 2019 1:28 pm

If you have an aquarium, please share.

* All fish were purchased through licensed dealers 8)

Did not know Blue Gills can change color in a matter of minutes. Thought it could be a light thing, but results vary in and out of light. This blue gill is occasionally black(dark blue) and sometimes hes bright yellow. Sometimes that happens in a matter of minutes.

Right now, we have just one trophy sized blue gill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Re: Fish Tank Thread

Postby grems » Jan Tue 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Very cool!

When I was a kid, my brother kept a few gills from a local pond in his aquarium. I don't remember the colors changing, but they learned to take bits of food held just above the water from his fingers. They tended to be bullies and only the biggest one survived, until he got some nasty fungus and croaked.
grems
Game Fish

Postby McChou » Jan Tue 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Lots of fish change color almost instantaneously - shows mood, dominance, physical condition. In my experience this is more prevalent in African and South American cichlids, but i've seen it on TV/Videos where multiple billfish will flash/change color to communicate and destroy a bait ball.

Watch the male gils if you are keeping water temps near spring water temps here ... that will cause them to stake out a nesting site ... unless you have a HUGE (several hundred gallons) your lmb/other fish will not stand a chance.
McChou
Pan Fish

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jan Tue 15, 2019 4:25 pm

I'll get some pics taken and put up. Haven't snapped any pics in a long time. My only tank, currently, is a 36g bowfront, saltwater, reef tank.

Cool thread idea, and nice looking fish/tank Aux.

When I move into our more permanent house, I would really like to do a native 100g or so. Would be pretty damn cool to have all our native lake fish in a big tank.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Jan Tue 15, 2019 5:37 pm

you should've named the thread Tanks Anonymous. i gave away my 55 gallon salt and 70 gallon planted freshwater 2 years ago. my only "tank" i have left is the backyard pond my old man and i built 7 years ago.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

shitty quality pictures but the colors surrounding this little ecosystem at peak summer days are eye popping. its about 15 foot round and 4 foot deep. last time i counted i think there was close to 50 planted flora with probably a dozen additional drifters mixed in. probably another 7 or so water based plants. has to be maybe 30 large goldfish in there that spawn every year and stay in there during the winter. i havent witnessed them spawn but i just notice the little fry that appear every summer. we started with maybe 10 mature ones. a blue heron took a good chunk out of the population some years back. friends and i would be drinking beer in the yard late at night and watch the heron land on my shed, waiting for morning to come. cats and coons always manage some meals too. my favorite visitors for a while were the bullfrogs. not an ideal spot for them since they prefer muck but one year we had maybe 20, with one large SOB that i caught eating sparrows and finches on consistent basis. other notables are a one time snapping turtle who stuck around for a summer and a group of juvenile northern water snakes. the variety of birds gets intense too. orioles, hummingbirds, finches etc. another favorite of mine are the common toads that get LOUD in the spring. had crappie and bluegill in there in the beginning but they would not let the goldfish take off so i dumped them back into mcdonald creek. its also my minnow rearing pond and i usually can collect a dozen for free bait during late ice season. lets see what else....the dogs love jumping in it and pissing off my dad. now that's really a sight to see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Jan Tue 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Wow, thats really cool, urban. Awesome diversity in such a small place, great to see how quickly local wildlife adapts
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Jan Tue 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Urban, I had a pond just like that growing up we built in the yard. You're right, an urban oasis. Those goldfish and koi spawn like crazy. Snails with huge shells, helgramites, and frogs started popping up and we never stocked them. The year of the Cicada was like a protein booster that saved $100 in koi food. Big ass snakes would steal a 6-8inch koi like a snack. I'm still debating on doing one in my own yard.

Never witnessed a large bird in the yard pond, that must of been cool. I did witness a heron pick up a large muskrat on the dpr and swallow it down like something out of Jurassic park movie.. got pictures of the whole thing and its posted here in the archives.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Skifish1 » Jan Tue 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Geez way cool urban I always wanted to create a water ecosystem in my backyard but I know that would lead to yet another fishing problem LOL
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby vman01 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 2:09 am

Like the others have said, pretty cool backyard Urban. Also enjoying the tank pictures so far.
vman01
Fishing Czar

Postby HEDDONFROG » Jan Wed 16, 2019 3:44 am

Very cool stuff Aux & Urb. Diggin’ both your set ups. I’m quite sure Woo will definitely be joining this thread shortly. Haven’t seen the gar in awhile

I text’d my cousin to see if she can send a photo of my aunts backyard in Gardena California. My grandfather was a botanist and quite Japanese and made her an amazing Japanese garden with ponds and waterfalls in her backyard. Great place to get stoned when we were in our teens...and a few years ago :D
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 10:13 am

I'm still debating on doing one in my own yard.

free babysitting my man. kids gets obsessed with the pond and will spend the entire summer day exploring it. lots of routine maintenance for you though. as you know.

thanks for the compliments dudes.
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby billebob5 » Jan Wed 16, 2019 11:31 am

that is quite the set up Urban. I would love to have something similar but I'm afraid of all the maintenance. I guess I'm just too lazy. Very cool stuff!
billebob5
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Fonzie » Jan Wed 16, 2019 11:52 am

Nice pics and write up urbanHog. I enjoyed the read.

You could throw some fatheads in there as well.

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.
Fonzie
Game Fish

Postby Rambler » Jan Wed 16, 2019 2:13 pm

I have a 28 gallon bow-front tank. Nothing special though - just a lot of tetras of various sorts.

Used to have 2 tanks with a lot more fish. Some species change color when getting ready to mate.

Dug a pond in one corner of my yard many years ago. Not big - maybe 4 ft across and 3 ft deep. I keep goldfish in it during the Summer. Sometimes they survive the raccoons & I keep them in a small tank in the basement over the Winter.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby FishinMatt » Jan Thu 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Nice pond Urban!

I've been running tanks on and off again since I was a kid. A couple of years ago I got back into it by setting up a 40G African Cichlid tank for my kids.

That morphed into buying a 75G that eventually I set up for small pair of juvenile Jaguar Cichlids that paired up and just had their first spawn.

Unfortunately that tank always has to be divided now because unless they are spawning, the male will beat the crap out of the female.

Right now I also have a 10G and 20G tank that I am using to grow out the fry. I have handshake agreements with a few different pet stores to sell the fry when they get a little bigger. I am also growing out an ornate bicher in the 20G that is a cool little fish.

My biggest tank is a 125G that currently has a few Oscars, Electric Blue Jack Dempsey, and a Clown Knife.

Last but not least is a Betta bowl on the kitchen table. Sometimes I think a coke habit would be cheaper, but I can sit there and watch the tanks for hours and I truly enjoy the maintenance.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby cletedius » Jan Fri 18, 2019 12:49 am

Urban, very cool pond! That looks like stellar results from a lot of work. :thumbup:

Matt, awesome tanks! The jag pair with the fry is neat. Used to keep a couple jags, but never got any to pair up. Vicious creatures!

Had to give up the tanks when I immigrated to FL. For many years prior, use to have 3-4 tanks going at a time. Had a spawning pair of giant red tiger oscars that lasted 10+years, the male was 14", 4th generation inbred firemouths :shock: , a discus tank which I unfortunately never got to pair off & spawn, spawning pairs of (huge!)dempseys, convicts, jewel cichlids, + various other central/south american cichlids.

For years my mother wanted a koi pond in their backyard, but dad wasnt agreeable. 1st year after he passed, mom went and had one dug out :-D . Turned out very nice. A crappy partial pic that really doesnt do it justice.

There are a few pics of some of my fish, hope to find some to add to this thread.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jan Fri 18, 2019 8:18 am

Some pics of my saltwater reef tank. Having a touch of a cyano issue right now, so that's what the red velvety stuff is that you see coating the rock and substrate.

Main shot of the tank

Focus on some of the coral

The black clown, and the gifted to me purple tang(which will be sold/traded in once it is big enough) Can barely see the Mocha Ocellaris Clown

All three fish - Black Ocellaris Clown, Mocha Ocellaris, Purple Tang

Need to clean the glass up a bit and take a few more pics. I'll take one with the blue-only light too, so you can see how the coral really pop. These pics don't do any of it justice.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Jan Fri 18, 2019 8:56 am

matt and smallieneyes setting the bar for tank goals. Cletidus a pond in FL could really entice some unwanted visitors I bet.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Woohoodude11 » Jan Fri 18, 2019 9:06 am

I've been wanting to make a post here, but I've been super busy at work. No pictures yet, taking advantage of a little lull lol.

I still have my Florida Gar. It's approaching a foot long at this point. We're moving into a home in a year+ and I've already got eyes on a 220 gallon so he'll be able to live his whole life with us. He's become a nocturnal eater, so no feeding videos in the last 8 months or so. It's a great fish for a community tank really, as long as your other fish are bigger than his mouth. His size must be intimidating, the cichlids leave him totally alone.

Unfortunately, my tank is a little low on stock now. The problem I'm having is finding fish that are medium to large (to not become prime rib for the Gar), good looking, and affordable. I currently have the Gar, 2 Plecos that haven't grown since the day I got em, 2 Bala Sharks (one looks like a large Shad), a Firemouth Cichlid, and a Blue Acara. I'll get pictures up when I can.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby McChou » Jan Fri 18, 2019 11:31 am

Great set ups everyone!

Jealous of the ponds urb and cletedius! A pond is on my bucketlist ... just not sure I'm ready to commit to the maintenance.
Matt - sweet set ups! I LOVE Oscars ... so much personality (another fish will change color instantly based on mood). I've kept jags and clown knifes (wish they weren't so shy/nocturnal) too!
Smallie - sweet set up! I've considered dabbling in a marine/reef tank several times ... just haven't been able to justify it (it's more of an ethical thing about how corals, rock, stock is collected from the wild ... which is getting somewhat better - but that's a whole 'nother thread in itself)

Busy at work - will take the lazy way out ... I go in phases with fish ... here are some links to when I was 'in' to the hobby ... the 210g is currently taking up space empty in my basement now... hope these work:

http://www.cyphos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18731

http://www.cyphos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18732

http://www.cyphos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14576
McChou
Pan Fish

Postby McChou » Jan Fri 18, 2019 11:48 am

McChou
Pan Fish

Postby FishinMatt » Jan Sat 19, 2019 10:27 am

Thanks McChou. You had some cool fish. That is a lot of money in that tank!
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby HEDDONFROG » Jan Tue 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Great stuff guys. Thanks for sharing
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby McChou » Jan Wed 23, 2019 8:24 am

Thanks Matt. It really helped cut expenses in fish stock by raising everything from fry (frontosas were only 10 days old when I bought them initially). Really cool that you got your Jaguar Cichlids to spawn. I remember them being goldfish eating machines :P Probably not the best diet for them, but it was fun to feed them back in the day.
McChou
Pan Fish

Postby Rambler » Jan Wed 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Had a big day yesterday. Picked up 3 neon tetras & 2 black tetras after buying a new couch for the den.

Bye-the-way, here's an aquarium nightmare story. A few years ago my wife & I vacationed in Quebec. Flew to Montreal & drove up to Q City & then up along the St. Lawrence to go whale watching. Went in the fall & it was spectacular. On our way back to Montreal our son called. He'd gone to our house to do wash. My tank (37 gal.) had sprung a leak & drained all over the living room. Ruined our oak floor. Lots of fish died too. Cost a bundle to have the floor fixed. Well, shit.

BTW - highly recommend vacationing in Quebec. They treat Americans great but they hate 'English Canadians'. Best to say "Je suis américain" to everyone you meet. Great food & fantastic scenery. Wish I'd taken my gear but appreciate domestic bliss.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby BrookfieldAngler » Jan Wed 23, 2019 11:01 pm

Howdy peeps!

Cool thread and great timing...

A couple months ago, my 3 boys talked their mom into getting them each a Betta fish. She came home under the impression that they could just hang out in the little cups they came with. Oy...

A couple hundred dollars later, they now live in a cool Aqua One Betta Trio tank with some upgraded lighting and filtration.

This of course reminded me of how much I loved fish tanks as a kid and pushed me to finally pull the trigger on a desk top aquarium for the office.

Picked up a Fluval Flex 9, got it cycled, and now have a trio of Neolamprologus multifasciatus shell dweller cichlids. They’ve only been in there for about a week but they’re already quite entertaining.

Naturally, this has already inspired me to start a Home tank so I just grabbed a 55 gallon tank to start a little Lake Tanganyika biotope. I’m hoping to have that set up next week to start cycling. Once it’s ready to go, the shell dwellers will get transferred and I’ll add another trio at the same time. I’m also going to add a pair of Julidochromis transcriptus which will occupy the rocky section on one end of the tank. Since neither of those species ever leaves the bottom 6 or so inches, I’m going to add a colony of Cyprichromis Leptosoma to fill out the upper water column and serve as a dither for the bottom dwellers.
Nick - BrookFieldAngler.com
Hobie Fishing Team · LucidFishing · Biovex · StankX · Quest Watersports · Railblaza
BrookfieldAngler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Sat 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Those Betta's are tough, durable creatures. They can actually survive okay in those cruel little cups, their natural environment is pretty much puddles. I had one in a 1.5 gallon for a couple years with just a snail. I decided to buy it a female mate and he murdered it. Some people manage to get them into community tanks. More power to em.

Here's my overdue pic of my setup.
Image20180624_172336 by Ryan Baranowski, on Flickr

55 gallon with an Aquaclear 70 over the back filter. Fantastic filter. Love the sand substrate too, but my recommendation is to get a canister filter if you go the sand route. One of the Bala Sharks is incredibly skittish and if you go anywhere near the tank at night it goes bonkers and kicks up a lot of sand. The sand in turn travels up the tube and goes into the impeller well. Over time, the sand cuts grooves into the impeller assembly and rod which causes a horrendous rattling noise. I thought I could put up with it, but caved and bought the 2 parts new for just over $20. It doesn't sound like much, but if you look you can find the filter for about 80 bucks so to think that a quarter of the price of that is in these 2 small parts is a little nauseating :lol:. Here's pics of the new parts next to the old worn parts.
Image2019-02-02_11-32-04 by Ryan Baranowski, on Flickr

I might take the misses to pick a new fish for the tank today. My luck, she's gonna pick an expensive piece of Gar food.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Feb Tue 05, 2019 11:16 am

Woo, I bought replacement Impellers for some old Emperor 400 HOB filters. Night and day difference with the sound.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby cletedius » Feb Tue 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Woohoodude11 wrote: Fantastic filter. Love the sand substrate too, but my recommendation is to get a canister filter if you go the sand route. One of the Bala Sharks is incredibly skittish and if you go anywhere near the tank at night it goes bonkers and kicks up a lot of sand. The sand in turn travels up the tube and goes into the impeller well. Over time, the sand cuts grooves into the impeller assembly and rod which causes a horrendous rattling noise. I thought I could put up with it, but caved and bought the 2 parts new for just over $20. It doesn't sound like much, but if you look you can find the filter for about 80 bucks so to think that a quarter of the price of that is in these 2 small parts is a little nauseating :lol:. Here's pics of the new parts next to the old worn parts.

Used cannisters for years (fluval 404's & magnum 350's). Liked everything about them except cleaning them. Seemed to always end up a mess! Over time, I eventually replaceced my cannisters with aquaclear 500's for 30 something bucks each. Noisier no doubt, but not too terrible, if, ....you keep the water-level topped off
I can relate to the sand/impeller. 1 trick that made a huge difference for sand intrusion & maintenance-cleanings, for HOB or cannister, was cutting/carving a piece of sponge to fit over the intake tube. A removal/rinse of the intake sponge screen greatly reduced the need to do a full breakdown/cleaning of the filter itself. It also cut down on sand finding its way into the impeller.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Feb Tue 05, 2019 1:10 pm

cletedius wrote:For years my mother wanted a koi pond in their backyard, but dad wasnt agreeable. 1st year after he passed, mom went and had one dug out :-D . Turned out very nice. A crappy partial pic that really doesnt do it justice.

Been meaning to say that in spite of your editorial about the picture this is the nicest backyard pond I think I've ever seen. Somebody did a great job on the plantings of native plants. Outstanding!
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby BrookfieldAngler » Feb Tue 05, 2019 3:51 pm

Was definitely eyeing the Aquaclear's but ended up going with a pair of Fluval (who now owns aquaclear anyway) C3 filters. There's about 300gph flowing through the both and if one takes a poop, I like the idea of a back up to hobble things along.

I actually did the sponge thing on the filter intakes for the first few days while all the sand dust settled from the new fill. Doesn't seem to matter how much I rinsed it, the water was C_L_O_U_D_Y!

Things have settled in the tank, amonia levels are looking good, nitrite is almost at 0, and the nitrates are picking up which means I am just about cycled. I have small school of black skirt tetra's in there just to keep the cycle going until the permanent residents come home later this week or early next week.
Nick - BrookFieldAngler.com
Hobie Fishing Team · LucidFishing · Biovex · StankX · Quest Watersports · Railblaza
BrookfieldAngler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Tue 05, 2019 7:40 pm

B-field its funny you mentioned the sponge thing. I actually did the same about a week ago and the tank has been getting cloudy and a little smelly when I open the hood. Ended up doing an 18 gallon water change and its improved...although from the pic you wouldn't believe thats "improved".

I bought another Peacock bass today. It was a decent size (about 3" compared to the 1.5" they typically sell). Hopefully this one lasts.

They had 2 incredible 10"-12" long peacocks there, though they're a tad big for my current setup and well outside of my budget.

Sorry, posting here seems to get harder and harder for me via phone. Here's the pics.
Image20190205_181245-2016x1134 by Ryan Baranowski, on Flickr
Post water change, you can kinda see the new addition at the top left.

Image20190205_172028-2016x1134 by Ryan Baranowski, on Flickr
closeup thru cloudy water

Image20190205_140331-2016x1134 by Ryan Baranowski, on Flickr
The bigger peas at the pet shop. They don't take on their vivid yellow/green/orange colors until they're even bigger.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Feb Wed 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Nice cocks. I like to go down to Gills and Thrills in Lockport because they sell shit most places don't anymore. Big piranhas, knife fish, red tails, shovelnose, arowana, wolf fish, etc. It us fun just to look. Anyways, they put a redtail catfish/tiger shove nose hybrid in their tank with small peacocks. In one weeks time it ate all 10 peacocks and the other hybrid in the tank with it. I did some research and the hybrid variety gets even bigger then a RTC or shovelnose. If only I had a pond.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Wed 06, 2019 9:15 pm

I'll need to check them out Matt. Aquarium Adventure in Hoffman Estates has a good selection and some oddballs, but they're expensive. Coral Reef in Norridge is great pricing and decent selection. There's also a place called Sho Tank in Mundelein that has phenomeonal pricing, but their freshwater selection is pretty slim. Saltwater though they can't be beat.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Feb Wed 06, 2019 11:20 pm

The Aquarium Adventure in Bolingbrook is my go to, but I have been to the Hoffman Estates one a few times. I ended up getting my male jaguar cichlid there and a few other things from time to time. They are expensive, but I do the fish club that gets me a decent discount. Starting this weekend both stores have a 50% off sale on fish and lots of other nice deals on equipment in decor. I'll be up by the Hoffman store Saturday and will most definitely end up buying a fish or two I don't need :D
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Thu 07, 2019 7:59 am

Well, NOW you tell me lol. We want an Angelfish though. Something that takes up a lot of space and makes the tank look less empty. My 2 cichlids have been hiders lately, particularly the Blue Acara. I'd love if I could finally unload my big Bala shark, though.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Peakirene » May Thu 13, 2021 3:02 am

I'm a new fish mommy, and I got my aquarium last week. From when I remember myself, I always loved fishes. That's why I wanted to provide them the best environment to grow healthy and safe. By the way, I found from https://portlandaquarium.net/planted-tank-substrate/ everything I needed to know about the types and what to choose as substrates for my planted tank. Well, my tank has not so many plants yet. But I still think they needed it. I wanted everything in my aquarium to be organic, and I did it.
Peakirene

Postby RonG » May Thu 13, 2021 10:49 am

Peakirene wrote:I'm a new fish mommy, and I got my aquarium last week.

And what did you put in it Pea Kirene? Anything cool?
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby dpangler21 » Jun Sun 20, 2021 2:19 am

If I could figure out how to post pictures here, I have a 29 gallon with 6 zebra danios and a multitude of Japanese trapdoor snails and ramshorn snails. The trapdoors actually came from a snail my little sister picked up at Beck Lake. I was originally going to keep fatheads in this one but one day my dad pranked me with a danio so I have a school of them now.

I also have a 75 which I got used from a friend, which needs some serious cleanup (previous owner was a heavy smoker and kept hundreds of guppies in that tank so it's really nasty) and in that I plan to have a green sunfish and a few craws.
dpangler21

Postby RonG » Jun Sun 20, 2021 2:44 am

dpangler21 wrote: I plan to have a green sunfish and a few craws.

Maybe not a good idea. The green sunfish killed everything in my freshwater tank, even much larger bass. After the green sunfish killed all the fish, my crawfish killed the green sunfish.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby dpangler21 » Jun Sun 20, 2021 12:17 pm

RonG wrote:
dpangler21 wrote: I plan to have a green sunfish and a few craws.

Maybe not a good idea. The green sunfish killed everything in my freshwater tank, even much larger bass. After the green sunfish killed all the fish, my crawfish killed the green sunfish.

It would just be a single green sunfish and no other fish, so it has plenty of room. The craws would get their own hiding spaces the greenie can't get into and I plan on starting with a little bit bigger size, like 4", so the craw can't eat the greenie.

I know plenty of people who have kept green sunfish with craws without issue but I know they don't do well with any other fish.
dpangler21

Return to WindyCityTavern