FREE - NHL Playoff Bracket

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

FREE - NHL Playoff Bracket

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Mon 01, 2019 7:47 am

Is anyone interested in getting in on one for WCF?

We did one last season, was a lot of fun. I don't have anything for a giveaway for the winner except for bragging rights. It's free to enter and make a bracket.

The league name is the Windycity League, link here: https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/league ... ity-league

Password: Blackhawks

Last chance to enter: 6:59pm ET on April 10
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: NHL Playoff Bracket

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Wed 03, 2019 7:32 am

Bueller...
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: NHL Playoff Bracket

Postby Woohoodude11 » Apr Wed 03, 2019 10:25 am

Guess it's just us haha. I think the giveaway was the kicker last year.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: FREE - NHL Playoff Bracket

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Tue 09, 2019 8:23 am

OP updated with link to the Windycity League: https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/league ... ity-league

Password: Blackhawks

Last chance to enter: 6:59pm ET on April 10
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Apr Wed 10, 2019 6:37 am

I'm in. looks like its just us lol
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Wed 10, 2019 7:44 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:I'm in. looks like its just us lol

Fine with me, I like my odds. 8)
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Wed 17, 2019 8:56 am

https://youtu.be/-Z3vmmLmkMk

Well, there goes my bracket. :x
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Apr Tue 23, 2019 1:03 am

These playoffs have been bananas. Only 1 non upset so far in the whole thing. Proves the whole "second season" thing.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Tue 23, 2019 9:54 am

Yes. Absolutely nuts.
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Tue 23, 2019 10:36 am

SpecialEd wrote:Yes. Absolutely nuts.

It has been great.

I didn't do a bracket this year, just didn't feel like it. Apparently NHL.com is allowing people to do new brackets after round 1, though, because every single bracket has busted already in the 1st round. :shock: :lol:

I'm loving seeing the Pens, Nashville, and Tampa go out early, and icing on the cake would be to see Toronto go out. Can't fucking stand Toronto and their entitled ass fans. Wish St. Louis got knocked out by Winnipeg, but oh well. The next rounds are shaping up to be good. It's cool there are a bunch of new teams that haven't been dominating for a decade in there. Vegas beating SJ, and Carolina beating Washington would be cool, too.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Apr Wed 24, 2019 6:24 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Vegas beating SJ

HA!

My bracket is holding on by the skin of it's teeth lol. I do love the fact the Tavares snubbed the Sharks for Toronto and got ousted already. I want to see Marleau win a cup but like you said...happy to see TO out.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Apr Wed 24, 2019 6:36 am

Last night game was crazy, and fun even if I was leaning towards rooting for Vegas, I like MAF. And they have Pirri. No questions tonight though - I can not stand Washington.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 24, 2019 7:31 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:

HA!

My bracket is holding on by the skin of it's teeth lol. I do love the fact the Tavares snubbed the Sharks for Toronto and got ousted already. I want to see Marleau win a cup but like you said...happy to see TO out.

Absolutely embarrassing for the NHL that the game went down the way it did last night. That was easily the worst call I've ever seen made in an NHL playoff game. Vegas got jobbed by the refs. A 5 minute major for an accidental fall after a shove is unbelievable. At worst, you can give him a 2 minute crosscheck. Giving Eakin a 5 and the game for that is embarrassing for the league, and the refs. I'd be livid as a Vegas player and fan. The refs called it the way they did due to injury and fan/player reaction, which is completely unacceptable. So much for the refs not deciding games/series. Then you have fans throwing garbage on the ice. Stay classy San Jose.

That said, Vegas can't give up 4 PP goals on that PK... but easy to see how you can lose your game after getting completely screwed over that way.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Wed 24, 2019 7:38 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
Woohoodude11 wrote:

HA!

Absolutely embarrassing for the NHL that the game went down the way it did last night. That was easily the worst call I've ever seen made in an NHL playoff game. Vegas got jobbed by the refs. A 5 minute major for an accidental fall after a shove is unbelievable. At worst, you can give him a 2 minute crosscheck. Giving Eakin a 5 and the game for that is embarrassing for the league, and the refs. I'd be livid as a Vegas player and fan. The refs called it the way they did due to injury and fan/player reaction, which is completely unacceptable. So much for the refs not deciding games/series.

100% agree. Awful call. I didn't really care who won but that call pissed me off. I really wanted to see Toronto play Columbus so I was disappointed in Boston winning as well.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 24, 2019 7:43 am

Bassin' Ted wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:Absolutely embarrassing for the NHL that the game went down the way it did last night. That was easily the worst call I've ever seen made in an NHL playoff game. Vegas got jobbed by the refs. A 5 minute major for an accidental fall after a shove is unbelievable. At worst, you can give him a 2 minute crosscheck. Giving Eakin a 5 and the game for that is embarrassing for the league, and the refs. I'd be livid as a Vegas player and fan. The refs called it the way they did due to injury and fan/player reaction, which is completely unacceptable. So much for the refs not deciding games/series.

100% agree. Awful call. I didn't really care who won but that call pissed me off. I really wanted to see Toronto play Columbus so I was disappointed in Boston winning as well.

The worst. I didn't really care, either, but Vegas got hosed pretty damn bad there. It ruined what had been a great series.

And I can't stand Toronto due to their entitled ass fans. So I was happy to see Boston beat them.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Wed 24, 2019 7:55 am

I can't believe I stayed up till 12:30 to see the refs give that game to SJ with that shitty call. I hope Pavs is ok, but man... the four ensuing third-period goals for SJ were all due to a shit call.

I hope Gallant filed a police report
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Wed 24, 2019 8:05 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
Bassin' Ted wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:Absolutely embarrassing for the NHL that the game went down the way it did last night. That was easily the worst call I've ever seen made in an NHL playoff game. Vegas got jobbed by the refs. A 5 minute major for an accidental fall after a shove is unbelievable. At worst, you can give him a 2 minute crosscheck. Giving Eakin a 5 and the game for that is embarrassing for the league, and the refs. I'd be livid as a Vegas player and fan. The refs called it the way they did due to injury and fan/player reaction, which is completely unacceptable. So much for the refs not deciding games/series.

The worst. I didn't really care, either, but Vegas got hosed pretty damn bad there. It ruined what had been a great series.

And I can't stand Toronto due to their entitled ass fans. So I was happy to see Boston beat them.

I despise Marchand and have disliked Boston for years so I never want to see them do well. At least they beat Vancouver in 2011 which is my favorite non-Hawks Cup ever.

I don't pay attention to Toronto fans so they don't bother me. Toronto gets great coverage in the Athletic with their report card articles and their team construction articles. Plus, I have been watching them this season whenever I can since they have early start times and play such a fun style of hockey. The Steve Dangle podcast is really good too and I listen to that every week. I wouldn't say I am a fan of theirs but I follow them pretty closely.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 24, 2019 8:17 am

Bassin' Ted wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:

I despise Marchand and have disliked Boston for years so I never want to see them do well. At least they beat Vancouver in 2011 which is my favorite non-Hawks Cup ever.

I don't pay attention to Toronto fans so they don't bother me. Toronto gets great coverage in the Athletic with their report card articles and their team construction articles. Plus, I have been watching them this season whenever I can since they have early start times and play such a fun style of hockey. The Steve Dangle podcast is really good too and I listen to that every week. I wouldn't say I am a fan of theirs but I follow them pretty closely.

Take a cruise past the main boards on HF, or the Toronto boards, and look for some of their posters. They're absolutely the easiest people ever to despise.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Apr Wed 24, 2019 9:47 am

The Pavelski fall would have never happened without the hit. The rules state that the call can be made at the official level after severity of the injury is determined. Rules are rules. Plus where Pavelski was hit is a weak point...it did get his lower jaw pretty busted up in game one, who's to say that his clock didn't get cleaned with the hit which caused him to trip and fall? All that can't be determined by the onlooker.

VGK killed I believe 5 other penalties in this game alone and a LOT more over the course of the series. What changed here? Sharks powerplay was ass for a majority of the series...all the had to do was plug the hole and stop the bleeding. They failed.

Vegas was gifted a goal on a high stick.

The human element is part of the game.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 24, 2019 10:14 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:The Pavelski fall would have never happened without the hit. The rules state that the call can be made at the official level after severity of the injury is determined. Rules are rules. Plus where Pavelski was hit is a weak point...it did get his lower jaw pretty busted up in game one, who's to say that his clock didn't get cleaned with the hit which caused him to trip and fall? All that can't be determined by the onlooker.

VGK killed I believe 5 other penalties in this game alone and a LOT more over the course of the series. What changed here? Sharks powerplay was ass for a majority of the series...all the had to do was plug the hole and stop the bleeding. They failed.

Vegas was gifted a goal on a high stick.

The human element is part of the game.

Yeah but a major is supposed to be determined by severity of the cross check, according to the rules, not injury. The severity of that crosscheck didn't warrant a major/match penalty. It should have been a minor, not a 5 and game misconduct. You don't toss the guy and give a 5 minute penalty because you saw blood after Pavs lost his balance and hit his head on the ice.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Dr. Utssab » Apr Wed 24, 2019 12:43 pm

LOL.

Guys. First of all, cross checking is a penalty. Yes, it does happen during the course of every game...but not on the face off. Literally the place you'd absolutely NOT want to cross check someone is on the face off where there is a ref staring right at you 2 feet away.

There was absolutely no reason to cross check there or even make any body contact at all. You lost the faceoff...get in position to defend. Don't try and take the guy out. Severity of injury had less to do with the call than the absurdity of Eakins decision in that moment...but if you think the refs DO consider injury, you'd be correct. Especially if its a nobody Cody Eakin taking out a teams best player.

Eakin was trying to be a tough guy and literally cost his team the game and series.
Dr. Utssab
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Dr. Utssab » Apr Wed 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Let me also mention that Eakin was also wearing a full face cage.

If you don't understand why I'd mention that and it's ridiculousness in this context...well, I don't know what to tell ya.
Dr. Utssab
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 24, 2019 12:57 pm

Lol.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Wed 24, 2019 12:59 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Lol.

I'm so glad he came here and explained everything to us.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Bassin' Ted wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:Lol.

I'm so glad he came here and explained everything to us.

Me too.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Dr. Utssab » Apr Wed 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Haha!

You guys offered your opinion regarding what you think is a terrible call. I offered my opinion to what I consider a bad judgement call by Eakin.

Eakin loses the faceoff, accepts it and doesn't cross check...Vegas moves on. Can't put that loss on the refs. Put it on Eakin and possibly one of the worst penalty kill efforts of all time.
Dr. Utssab
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Dr. Utssab wrote:Haha!

You guys offered your opinion regarding what you think is a terrible call. I offered my opinion to what I consider a bad judgement call by Eakin.

Eakin loses the faceoff, accepts it and doesn't cross check...Vegas moves on. Can't put that loss on the refs. Put it on Eakin and possibly one of the worst penalty kill efforts of all time.

No, it was absolutely a terrible call. That's not a 5 minute major and match penalty(game misconduct). It's just not. Any way you look at it, it's a terrible call. It should have been a two minute penalty(at worst), one that SJ could only score one goal on. That can absolutely be put on the refs. Does Vegas deserve blame for absolutely choking it away by giving up 4 goals on the PP? Damn right. Doesn't change the fact that it was a terrible call. Go watch the video. Yes, this happens on faceoffs all the time, because both centers have both hands on their sticks. So if you go to shove the guy off the faceoff, the stick is going to be used as you have two hands on it for the puck drop. I've played the game at a high level my entire life. It happens a lot. The most common occurrence is when, instead of trying to actually win the puck back to a D or wing off the draw, your goal on the faceoff is to tie up/push/move back the opposing center, so the wing can come through and pick it up for a quick shot, or pass. I did it just a couple days ago in one of my games. Lift the opposing center's stick on puck drop, step into him, and push him back. Again, when you have two hands on your stick for the draw like this, it's inevitable that your shove will involve the stick. It wasn't a crosscheck in the true meaning of a vicious crosscheck. It was a shove across his chest using the stick. Just like you see guys do in puck battles on the boards, or see D do to the forwards in puck battles in front of the net.

That said, major penalties are directly related to the severity of the crosscheck. On a scale of 1-10 as crosschecks go, the severity of that one was a 1. It was bad luck/timing that Pavelski fell and cracked his head, but nothing more than that. The shove sent him off balance, and then Stastny was there, and also made contact as he was off balance, causing Pavelski to not be able to protect himself on the fall.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Dr. Utssab » Apr Wed 24, 2019 5:34 pm

I understand basically everything you're saying here(I played in the past)...except Eakin wasn't trying to do any sort of set face off play. He tried to win it back...lost...then tried to tie up Pavelski. Unfortunately that resulted in a cross check and I'm sure he didn't "mean" to push him that hard, but the Joe Pavelskis of the world don't just lose their balance due to a light check.

I suppose we could go on and on like everyone on social media is doing all day today. Haha.

I'll just mention this.

An opposing player made contact with Pavelski. Pavelski is then down on the ice...basically lifeless with blood coming from his head.

I don't think you'll find too many refs in the NHL that aren't calling a major penalty right there. Right or wrong...I think 90% of refs make the same call in that situation, especially when it's an injury to a team's star player.
Dr. Utssab
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Apr Wed 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Dr. Utssab wrote:Unfortunately that resulted in a cross check and I'm sure he didn't "mean" to push him that hard, but the Joe Pavelskis of the world don't just lose their balance due to a light check.

He fell down the way he fell not because of the cross-check.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Wed 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Dr. Utssab wrote:I understand basically everything you're saying here(I played in the past)...except Eakin wasn't trying to do any sort of set face off play. He tried to win it back...lost...then tried to tie up Pavelski. Unfortunately that resulted in a cross check and I'm sure he didn't "mean" to push him that hard, but the Joe Pavelskis of the world don't just lose their balance due to a light check.

I suppose we could go on and on like everyone on social media is doing all day today. Haha.

I'll just mention this.

An opposing player made contact with Pavelski. Pavelski is then down on the ice...basically lifeless with blood coming from his head.

I don't think you'll find too many refs in the NHL that aren't calling a major penalty right there. Right or wrong...I think 90% of refs make the same call in that situation, especially when it's an injury to a team's star player.

If Pavelski is not hurt, that's not even a penalty. Neither referee had his arm up after the crosscheck and it was only after seeing the injury that the penalty was issued. The problem is that it's a very common play with an extremely unfortunate result. The consensus from the article on the Athletic which featured several hockey writers and a couple coaches was that it was a blown call on a play that takes place every game. Not a single person said it was the correct call. At the worst, it is a 2 minute penalty.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Wed 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Dr. Utssab wrote:I understand basically everything you're saying here(I played in the past)...except Eakin wasn't trying to do any sort of set face off play. He tried to win it back...lost...then tried to tie up Pavelski. Unfortunately that resulted in a cross check and I'm sure he didn't "mean" to push him that hard, but the Joe Pavelskis of the world don't just lose their balance due to a light check.

I'll just mention this.

I see your point of view. I just disagree. They weren't even calling a penalty on it at the time. No arm went up. If Pavelski doesn't lose his balance the way he did, and fall awkwardly, and instead gets right back up, play just continues. They weren't calling it initially, only after he fell awkwardly and hit his head, and the officials all convened, did they decide to call it a penalty. Shouldn't have been a major. It wasn't malicious. It wasn't dirty. It was a typical, physical, playoff hockey play, with a terrible result. And i'm a huge fan of Pavelski. I'd bet if you asked him, he holds no ill will towards Eakin.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Thu 25, 2019 7:36 am

It doesn't matter. SJ won't get past Colorado. :shock:
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Thu 25, 2019 7:51 am

SpecialEd wrote:It doesn't matter. SJ won't get past Colorado. :shock:

Don't think so, either.

How about last night...

We now have all four division winners out of the playoffs in the first round. :shock:
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Thu 25, 2019 9:28 am

Yea last night's game was another shocker. This year's playoffs have been total chaos. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a wild card team take the cup in a 4 game sweep... just going by how nuts the playoffs have been.
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Apr Thu 25, 2019 9:34 am

I was not really surprised, very happy with the outcome, but not surprised. I mean it's game 7 and the Canes have already laid into them on a couple of occasions.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Thu 25, 2019 9:39 am

For a topic that had no interest before the playoffs started there sure seems to be quite a few people watching/interested.
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Apr Thu 25, 2019 10:02 am

I am not interested in the brackets of any sort, but I do watch hockey.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Thu 25, 2019 10:09 am

I picked every single losing team. I'm awesome at being the worst.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Thu 25, 2019 10:42 am

SpecialEd wrote:I picked every single losing team. I'm awesome at being the worst.

That's a bad bracket Ed... :shock: :lol:
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Thu 25, 2019 11:35 am

SpecialEd wrote:For a topic that had no interest before the playoffs started there sure seems to be quite a few people watching/interested.

I watch every night. I just didn't want to fill out a bracket.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Thu 25, 2019 11:56 am

Bassin' Ted wrote:
SpecialEd wrote:For a topic that had no interest before the playoffs started there sure seems to be quite a few people watching/interested.

I watch every night. I just didn't want to fill out a bracket.

Same. I don't do brackets for any sports, actually.

Oh, and BTW, for Dr. Utssab and Woohoo...

The refs that called game 7 for SJS vs LVGK are no longer doing any more playoff games this season. And a couple of them have a history of officiating deep into the playoffs, including the Cup Final. I wonder why that is? Couldn't be because they fucked up that call, royally, and determined the outcome of a game 7 playoff game with a terrible call. The NHL knows they fucked up... they just aren't going to admit it. This is as good of an admission as you'll get.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Apr Thu 25, 2019 12:03 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:they fucked up that call, royally, and determined the outcome of a game 7 playoff game with a terrible call. The NHL knows they fucked up... they just aren't going to admit it.

It was a questionable call, but no reasonable person could expect that a playoff-caliber team would fold like that. The 4 goals are not on the refs, they are on PK unit and MAF.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Thu 25, 2019 12:50 pm

https://twitter.com/JesseGranger_/statu ... 12384?s=19

I was wrong. The NHL did admit they were wrong.

And grain... a 5 minute major entirely changes the dynamic of the game at that point... it's not surprising things took the turn they did in that game. Now we know the NHL has admitted it was wrong, and we can move on.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SpecialEd » Apr Thu 25, 2019 3:13 pm

It was not questionable, it was just flat out wrong.

If it had been called correctly, SJ scores one on the PP and we can only speculate what happens next.

Refs made a bad call and LVGK couldn't keep the puck out of their own net. The real reason why they lost is that they scored fewer goals than SJ. The 5 minutes they played short-handed unnecessarily sure as shit didn't help but sometimes the puck takes a funny hop and you gotta play it tape to tape, otherwise, you find yourself on the wrong side of the handshake line.
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Thu 25, 2019 3:16 pm

SpecialEd wrote:It was not questionable, it was just flat out wrong.

If it had been called correctly, SJ scores one on the PP and we can only speculate what happens next.

Refs made a bad call and LVGK couldn't keep the puck out of their own net. The real reason why they lost is that they scored fewer goals than SJ. The 5 minutes they played short-handed unnecessarily sure as shit didn't help but sometimes the puck takes a funny hop and you gotta play it tape to tape, otherwise, you find yourself on the wrong side of the handshake line.

Yep. I'm not entirely blaming the bad call, either. It was just... so bad, it's hard to ignore. Vegas totally shit the bed, also.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Thu 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Double post...
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Dr. Utssab » Apr Thu 25, 2019 4:10 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Oh, and BTW, for Dr. Utssab and Woohoo...

The refs that called game 7 for SJS vs LVGK are no longer doing any more playoff games this season. And a couple of them have a history of officiating deep into the playoffs, including the Cup Final. I wonder why that is? Couldn't be because they fucked up that call, royally, and determined the outcome of a game 7 playoff game with a terrible call. The NHL knows they fucked up... they just aren't going to admit it. This is as good of an admission as you'll get.

Not surprising. Too much controversy not to remove them from the rest of the playoffs. Even if the NHL agreed with the call...still would be the right move to keep them out.

Right and wrong is so easy to see in hindsight and is obviously affected by outcome. I doubt there are a ton of SJ fans unhappy with the call.

And the outcome of the game was decided on the ice by the play of both teams. Certainly a 5 minute major can be a huge momentum swing, but that pendulum swings both ways.

2010 Hossa gets a 5 minute major with a minute to go down by 1. Hawks get a goal shorthanded with an empty net to tie...then go on to kill 4 minutes in OT...then win in right after Hossa exits the box.

I remember most everyone watching the game at the time being furious about the call at the time. If you think that Eakin's cross check was a 1/10......Hossa's push was a .001/100. One of those plays that happens "50 times a game" and just so happened that the guy lost his balance and flew head first into the boards. Only reason no one remembers that or even talked about that call after them game is because we won. The story was about the great comeback instead of a blown call.

Vegas wins and no one is having this discussion. At least...I think not nearly as much as it's being talked about right now.
Dr. Utssab
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Thu 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Dr. Utssab wrote:
Not surprising. Too much controversy not to remove them from the rest of the playoffs. Even if the NHL agreed with the call...still would be the right move to keep them out.

The NHL didn't agree with the call. They have apologized to Vegas for the bad call.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Dr. Utssab » Apr Thu 25, 2019 6:59 pm

Bassin' Ted wrote:
Dr. Utssab wrote:

The NHL didn't agree with the call. They have apologized to Vegas for the bad call.

Yes Ted. The NHL didn't agree with the call.........but.......Even in they did......

By starting that sentence with "even if" I'm acknowledging that the opposite is true of the words that follow.
Dr. Utssab
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Apr Thu 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Dr. Utssab wrote:
Bassin' Ted wrote:
Dr. Utssab wrote:

Yes Ted. The NHL didn't agree with the call.........but.......Even in they did......

By starting that sentence with "even if" I'm acknowledging that the opposite is true of the words that follow.

LOL-I see that now. I was so eager to point out how the NHL has said that it was a wrong call that I misunderstood what you wrote.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Next

Return to WindyCityTavern