Really shitty CS phase two

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Really shitty CS phase two

Postby Rambler » Jun Fri 07, 2019 7:04 am

Finally got a reply from someone in Cabelas' CS dept. She apologized for all sorts of crap. They wouldn't publish my review of the Silverhawk because it didn't meet their standards. I reviewed their standards & can't figure out where I went wrong. All I said was how disappointing the CS experience with Fenwick & Cabelas was.

She also offered to sell me a replacement Silverhawk for $45.00. Won't take them up on it because a) I don't trust those rods anymore and b) I just bought a Daiwa Fuego to replace it. I decided my hybrid Fenwick / ProGuide rig was just a bit inelegant for an old fart & to go back to my 1st love - Daiwa. I've been using my old Samurai recently. It's probably 30 years old & still a great rod.

So at this point I'm guessing my long-standing patronage of Cabelas is coming to a close. Thank the gods for eBay.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Really shitty CS phase two

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jun Fri 07, 2019 7:22 am

Rambler wrote:Finally got a reply from someone in Cabelas' CS dept. She apologized for all sorts of crap. They wouldn't publish my review of the Silverhawk because it didn't meet their standards. I reviewed their standards & can't figure out where I went wrong. All I said was how disappointing the CS experience with Fenwick & Cabelas was.

She also offered to sell me a replacement Silverhawk for $45.00. Won't take them up on it because a) I don't trust those rods anymore and b) I just bought a Daiwa Fuego to replace it. I decided my hybrid Fenwick / ProGuide rig was just a bit inelegant for an old fart & to go back to my 1st love - Daiwa. I've been using my old Samurai recently. It's probably 30 years old & still a great rod.

So at this point I'm guessing my long-standing patronage of Cabelas is coming to a close. Thank the gods for eBay.

Wow... There are no "standards" when it comes to reviews. They have to take the good with the bad. They shouldn't get a choice in the matter, as all they're doing is misleading/lying to customers then. Oh well, sorry for your bad experience.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Jun Fri 07, 2019 7:37 am

Should have bought a Johnson level. :D Great customer service.
~JOE~
A Dio sia la gloria
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Jun Sun 09, 2019 9:15 am

^^^ Joe - how's their casting action? :)
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to WindyCityTavern