A missive from CLF for the ages

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

A missive from CLF for the ages

Postby Rambler » Dec Wed 11, 2019 8:22 am

Here's the latest update from the fishing forum that shall remain unmentioned. Check out the first post - just perfect. :lol:

Hi Rambler!

Here's your weekly guide to trending discussions at (not allowed).com!
Highlighted posts
does anyone use this site anymore?

December 07, 2019 • 2 posts • 12 views

Cooling Lakes / Shabbona

boatback said — Really, there doesn't seem to be any activity on any of the forums. I picked this one because there are 2 viewers listed, but maybe they just didn't sign out????

Read more »

got Burbot?

November 29, 2019 • 1 post • 33 views

Lake Michigan - Shore Fishing

asianangler said — Anyone have any good spots to shore fish for burbot during this time of year (preferably right here in IL)? I heard Lake Michigan has a pretty good population of these but which ...

Read more »

warm water discharge

November 24, 2019 • 7 posts • 929 views

General Outdoors Discussion

Dr_sean said — Greetings fellow anglers, The original poster helped me out with this thread and so I thought I would return the favor. I fished this warm water discharge creek today that spills ...

Read more »
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: A missive from CLF for the ages

Postby billebob5 » Dec Wed 11, 2019 8:51 am

This one is just about as bad.
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Dec Thu 12, 2019 2:02 pm

billebob5 wrote:This one is just about as bad.

Oh come on now - WCF isn't that bad.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby DasGoby » Dec Thu 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Traffic here is definitely on the decline big time. It's too bad. I guess people have mainly shifted to Facebook groups and the like.
DasGoby
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Dec Thu 12, 2019 3:15 pm

DasGoby wrote:Traffic here is definitely on the decline big time. It's too bad. I guess people have mainly shifted to Facebook groups and the like.

I don't do FB or other other social media so maybe I'll be the last one here. I'll just post to myself...

Actually, I suspect Aux will be here long after me.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby DasGoby » Dec Thu 12, 2019 3:23 pm

I don't do FB either and really like old school forums.
DasGoby
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Dec Thu 12, 2019 4:10 pm

DasGoby wrote:I don't do FB either and really like old school forums.

So you're either an old fart too or you've realized that FB is the devil's spawn. I think that smarmy little shit Zuckerberg deserves a knuckle sandwitch. But I'm way too old for that sort of thing.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Dec Thu 12, 2019 4:11 pm

No Facebook for me either. I tried it for about a month when it was fairly new and I realized that I didn’t really care that you had just eaten almonds.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Dec Thu 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Its unfortunate that the modern internet has made forums all but extinct
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Dec Thu 12, 2019 5:34 pm

No FB here, either. I'll always be around the forums.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby DasGoby » Dec Thu 12, 2019 5:36 pm

So you're either an old fart too or you've realized that FB is the devil's spawn.

More the later I think. Isn't it old people that still use FB anyways? Young people have moved on to other things and then moved on from those things to newer things.

I think I'm just not a social media kind of guy and lean towards being a fairly private person, but I'm also in internet security and privacy professionally and have concerns based on my professional knowledge.
DasGoby
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Dec Fri 13, 2019 12:34 pm

I'm with Joe. Not only do I not give a shit what you just ate, I'd be really worried about you if you cared what I just ate.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Fonzie » Dec Fri 13, 2019 3:33 pm

I deleted my FB account a long time ago.

For every 3 or 4 guys that reconnects with their old childhood buddies from Grammar/Jr.High/High School, there are dozens/hundreds of DIVORCES.

I did my reconnecting on FB years ago...

FB definitely serves many purposes, but leave me out.

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.
Fonzie
Game Fish

Postby billebob5 » Dec Fri 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Rambler wrote:I'm with Joe. Not only do I not give a shit what you just ate, I'd be really worried about you if you cared what I just ate.

usually it's just humble bragging. some people are quite good at it. Myself excluded of course
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Dec Fri 13, 2019 5:26 pm

DasGoby wrote:
So you're either an old fart too or you've realized that FB is the devil's spawn.

More the later I think. Isn't it old people that still use FB anyways? Young people have moved on to other things and then moved on from those things to newer things.

I think I'm just not a social media kind of guy and lean towards being a fairly private person, but I'm also in internet security and privacy professionally and have concerns based on my professional knowledge.

Yep. As an IT professional, I learned to stay away from FB a looooong time ago. Been 7 years since I had one.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby BassCaster » Dec Fri 13, 2019 6:20 pm

WCF postings have declined 80% IMHO from its hay days.

In 2006 it stated with a handful of posters to maybe 40 or 50 post a day in 2010 to 2013. ( A lot of good fishing information and we had some dam fun tournaments)
It then declined as FB became popular and one could post their Monster Bass catche(s)
to a lot more people to feed the instant gratification that young people desire.

Im surprised the WCF forum its still going.
I spent half my money on fishing, gambling, alcohol, women and billiards. The other half I wasted.
BassCaster
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Busse Jim » Dec Fri 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Well shit Basscaster, since you stopped posting much what’s the point anymore
:wave:

I don’t think I can go back to my old forum before WCF.

Can’t find a fridge door and corkboard in a trailer at a boat rental. :lol:
Besides I haven’t been able to find polaroid film in a decade. :P So I’m stuck here….. as long as Aux pleins keeps it up
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Dec Fri 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Facebook has a few things I like, but I mostly agree with your takes. It is definitely geared toward the look at me people. I have tried the Facebook fishing groups and they are great if you crave instant gratification from mostly strangers. Just not for me. WCF is at least community based and I have met many of you personally at one time or another.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby Skifish1 » Dec Sat 14, 2019 6:45 am

FB is good for groups thats its advantage and despite the WCF drop i still take a peek every couple days. At this point id prefer if WCF was like ISA and was a membership paid forum because i think people would be willing to share more because there are so many trollers who dont contribute anything and just want to gather intel. Weed them out somehow and id contribute more like i did several years ago. But FB is great for groups depending whoch group you watch. I follow some fishing groups but my favorite groups may not be fishing. Illinois birding network. Des Plaines River Trail riders, various county DNR groups, Consevation Districts, groups "friends" of rivera groups, etc.

Its the local goverment type groups, stewarsship type "friends" groups, interest type groups that makes FB interesting to me.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Dec Sat 14, 2019 7:24 am

I'm in a couple FB fishing groups and most of them are absolute poison. Tons and tons of people calling a nice 4 lb fish an 8 or 10 pounder and the like. One of em I'm in is better, a much looser group, much like here. I get the vibe there's a lot of people my age and up there. Once I see cuss words flying, I know I'm in the right place :lol:

I do prefer it here. Much tighter group of people and although I haven't met the bulk of you (still have met quite a few, though) I feel like I know each and every one of you 1,000+ post folks. As many of you can attest to, I like to write and FB is...as said...more about the image and the instant gratification. I write a novel hoping that my experiences can help the next guy. Though, over the years I went from posting detailed reports where I caught 3 or 4 1 Lb'ers to only posting my quality outings. Probably less now (I really only get around to this place about every weekend, the locked up waters may be aiding in that). Just know I'll still be reading everyone's ice reports with zero interest in partaking, even that prick Phil :lol:
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby UglyStick » Dec Mon 16, 2019 2:24 pm

My take from the younger generations is if there's no picture, it didn't happen.
My view is just "it didn't happen to you", and I've taken all the pics I'll ever want.
UglyStick
Pan Fish

Postby jmdog2003 » Dec Mon 16, 2019 8:47 pm

While overall forum traffic is trending down, I think the number of responses to this thread show that this site still has plenty of life and participation.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Dec Tue 17, 2019 3:53 am

DasGoby wrote:I don't do FB either and really like old school forums.

X5

Ive been trying to keep this WCF a float by posting pictures of slimey pike, but I think it's been turning people away more so than anything. I have met some great people that have become real friends here in real life. As oppose to the people I've met on other websites who just want to see pictures of my penis.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby coyote » Dec Tue 17, 2019 10:31 am

I guess im the odd Man out while i look here a couple times a Week for a Person or 2 or 3 that interest me, the site lost me a few years ago when so many Posts of no substance , i have enjoyed Facebook as i am able to reach so many more People i have had the pleasure of taking out Fishing in the last couple of years . As i am working less there will be more time to take Kids, Adults, Seniors, and reach many thru Community Sites on Facebook , nothing better than to teach a Youngster a thing or 2 about Fishing or the Outdoors. Either way good health to all this Holiday season to all
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » Dec Tue 17, 2019 12:40 pm

I think social media and forums both have their place and I enjoy both. While there is definitely truth to what these fellas are saying about the FB fishing pages, you can also sift through to find some good information and interesting stories. And I just ignore the silliness that some people engage in. I'll never understand why someone wants to argue about the size of a fish. Who cares?
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby urbanHog312 » Dec Tue 17, 2019 4:51 pm

wish i could post more here. i used to be able to. i like to write and i hunt/fish every weekend. i just hardly have time anymore. work sucks
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Dec Tue 17, 2019 9:20 pm

One problem I've had in recent months with posting on WCF and even catching up with everyone else's posts, is I've been going to bed super early for me, instead of my normal 3 to 5am. Almost all my posting and commenting was done in the wee hours

As for FB groups, like Woo I've weeded through some garbage groups and am involved with two that have a similar make up to the camaraderie WCF has. Like Coyote mentioned, these guys do get together a lot. Sounds similar to what the long time members on WCF talk about having done in past years. They also share locations quite a bit, on a tit for tat basis and I'm ok with that.

I've tried to get some of the young hammers in the area to see the benefits of message board posting, like being archival and searchable but a lot of what you guys said about instant gratification even applies to guys who eat, sleep and breathe fishing. Whatever, I like aspects of both and lets face it, FB & Instagram aren't going anywhere anytime soon
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby JB » Dec Wed 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Back in the earlier days of WCF I would post my adventures fairly often and enjoyed the website far more the CLF. CLF
had a lot of bickering and a handful of members that did the site an injustice by pushing members away that just wanted to fish stuff and not childish back and forth. I give WCF a lot of credit for keeping that stuff and problem members to a minimum. Some members have come and gone and although I no longer post my adventures I do chime in welcoming new members or the occasional nice fish comment. My desire to fish hasn’t slowed but I’m just no longer in that mode to post the adventure. Some people feel that’s a necessity to be part of the forum to do so but I think the forum serves each person differently and each member has their own reasons for participating in the degree that they do. Like most forums there are peaks and valleys in posts/ members but I don’t believe it’s a reflection of this forum just a sign of the times.
To fish or not to fish......that's a stupid question.
JB
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » Dec Wed 18, 2019 2:47 pm

I will add the site was very special to me back in the day , when i was sick with Cancer , there were so many that were there for my Family and i. Shit i had Priests praying for me from the other side of the World , you had to be there at this time to fully understand what was going on. I met so many greats thru the site. Fishing Matt is a Hall of Famer that i got to hang around with for many years along with Fonzie, Adam B, Tooth Doc just to name a few , and old time Posts from great Guys like, JB, Basscaster, Jdog, and quite a few others back from the beginings. We shared so much and helped each other out. Glad to see the site going and if you ever need anything from just over the Border im still around to ask.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: A missile from CLF for the ages

Postby RonG » Dec Wed 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Ah, sometimes I wonder where all those wonderful alum of the wildwestworld of CLF have gone. I imagine Big Saw is long gone from his self-destructive dietary and smoking habits, compounded by anger management issues. Bossman is likely incarcerated, for sure would have lost all driving privileges by now. Strangely, he always saw his liver as unnecessary as his appendix. Washhusky would be sporting the awesome clothing style of a straight jacket by now. ZombieFish has vanished but lives on rent-free in the skulls of his oppugners. Yesterday I just spoke to someone who had just spoken with Bassin Larry a few days ago, so at least one old CLF member is alive and well. 'Sorry for the others not mentioned, but equally legends.

Hats off to the great angler, AnglerEd, who started the original Chicagoland fishing forum. The place was rocking for many years.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby coyote » Dec Wed 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Yes and of course who can forget Ron G
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Dec Wed 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Dang, I forgot myself. :lol: :lol:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Dec Wed 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Holy crap I had no idea what I was starting.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Dec Wed 18, 2019 10:42 pm

Some good CLF reminiscing. It was THE site back in day. I took trips to Lake Erie, Lake Sara, multiple Lake Michigan trips for salmon and perch. All facilitated by CLF guys. I met Coyote on there who helped introduce me to the Delavan/Geneva fisheries. The humor on there when it was rocking was bar none. Ron G used to have some awesome battle of wits with some of the clowns. This site was rising and CLF was dieing when CLF got bought out, but WCF suffered a similar, but lesser fate after Jason was bought out. Really, guys like Aux who plan outings and HeddonFrog taking people out to his little paradise have kept things going. I hope it continues.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby Skifish1 » Dec Wed 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Heck i met my wife on WCF back in the day ......

Geez auxy and fishspank wouldnt even be brother in laws if not for WCF.

And i would never have learned new words such as FRapuccino, Scumdrum, Froogle, Frappie etc if not for Ronggie
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Dec Thu 19, 2019 6:15 am

RonG wrote:Ah, sometimes I wonder where all those wonderful alum of the wildwestworld of CLF have gone. I imagine Big Saw is long gone from his self-destructive dietary and smoking habits, compounded by anger management issues. Bossman is likely incarcerated, for sure would have lost all driving privileges by now. Strangely, he always saw his liver an unnecessary as his appendix. Washhusky would be sporting the awesome clothing style of a straight jacket by now. ZombieFish has vanished but lives on rent-free in the skulls of his oppugners. Yesterday I just spoke to someone who had just spoken with Bassin Larry a few days ago, so at least one old CLF member is alive and well. 'Sorry for the others not mentioned, but equally legends.

Hats off to the great angler, AnglerEd, who started the original Chicagoland fishing forum. The place was rocking for many years.

Was bassin larry also know as Bassalaro?
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Dec Thu 19, 2019 8:15 am

Skifish1 wrote:Heck i met my wife on WCF back in the day ......

Wow!

I found CLF & WCF while searching for info on Chicago area fishing spots. I thought maybe I was missing something and I was although I remain loyal to the ones I know & love.

First I gave CLF a try but gave up pretty quickly not only because the content was thin but more importantly because the formatting sucked. WCF has better content and much better formatting which I credit Jason's graphic design experience for.

I remain loyal to WCF for the content & dialogue (even RonG's). Anyway, us old farts need some way to live vicariously.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Dec Thu 19, 2019 8:55 am

Aux Pleins wrote:
RonG wrote:Ah, sometimes I wonder where all those wonderful alum of the wildwestworld of CLF have gone. I imagine Big Saw is long gone from his self-destructive dietary and smoking habits, compounded by anger management issues. Bossman is likely incarcerated, for sure would have lost all driving privileges by now. Strangely, he always saw his liver an unnecessary as his appendix. Washhusky would be sporting the awesome clothing style of a straight jacket by now. ZombieFish has vanished but lives on rent-free in the skulls of his oppugners. Yesterday I just spoke to someone who had just spoken with Bassin Larry a few days ago, so at least one old CLF member is alive and well. 'Sorry for the others not mentioned, but equally legends.

Was bassin larry also know as Bassalaro?

I think Bassin Larry was Larry Legend on here and CLF for a long time, but could be mistaken. Him and WrenchingNFishing were here way back in the day. I had some epic arguments with that pair of clowns.

I still get texts from Washhusky every once in a while. He doesn't fish all that much anymore, I believe. Haven't heard from any of the other clowns from over there in a loooooooooong time.

CLF used to be hoppin, but faded fast. This was my first Chicagoland fishing website, though, and I've always come back to it. I went by a different name back then, long before the buyout. The guys who have been around here longer know me. Was pezdek1 back in the day. My first go-round on here started in probably 2005 or 2006, somewhere around there.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Dec Thu 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:Was bassin larry also know as Bassalaro?

No, Bassalaros were loyalists of Bassin Larry or those who, even secretly, aspired for the Bassin Larry lifestyle and prowess of fishing skills.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby mike son » Dec Thu 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Where do I buy my "Make WCF Great Again" hat?
mike son
Fishing Czar

Postby mike son » Dec Thu 19, 2019 4:46 pm

I remember joining the forum when I was trying to figure out how to fish the Dupage River and the local rivers. Other resources to learn from existed of course but I was trying to find some useful local knowledge. River fishing was new to me at the time after tiring of the same old still water I had grown up fishing. This site helped a lot especially jmdog on the Dupage. I now try to make thorough posts of outings on the Dupage and my ole' fav dirty bastard, Shabbona, every time I get the chance to fish there thinking it may benefit someone then or in the future about those fisheries. The rest of my fishing time is spent pounding local forest preserve lakes hungover on a Sunday morning jamming out to some '97 Phish. No one cares about that though lol.
mike son
Fishing Czar

Postby catchafew » Dec Sun 22, 2019 2:37 pm

WCF was my first online forum I participated in of any type and of which I made 99% of my posts. I believe I started in 2011 and there were a lot of colorful characters, some funny, juvenile drama but lots of camaraderie at Deep Lake tourneys, ice fishing outings, Whalon lake and pond hopping on the weekends trying to look for some retention park gems in the far burbs. Lots of good competitive bass tourney anglers back then and I know many moved on to more serious tournament options that you rarely see posts from anymore and/or people live's get busy. With the passing of my father, his older WWII buddy and my friends of 25 years who never fish anymore I guess I vicariously live through your posts and have had the pleasure fishing and making friends with a few of you. A very small but tight knit forum upangler.com I used posted to finally shut down in 2019, it was sad to see.

I suppose fb is to forums as what AC, TV and suburbs did inner city working class communities in the early 50's. Before the 50's my dad told me that all the families from kids to grandparents would hangout on the front steps and socialize and there was a sense of community and now we'll all scattered to the four winds and self-absorbed with other social media outlets.

I don't post as much as I used to mostly because I'm not fishing as much with long work hours and family obligations but I do appreciate how Aux, Heddonfrog, Skifish and others continue to carry the torch with solid contributions and keep this board alive. Hopefully I'll be punching some holes soon, bragging and posting about some dink 6" panfish I caught to get my dopamine release and start the fishing and posting cycle all over again.

Merry Christmas, happy new years and to other occasions you celebrate this time of year! Let's tilt at fb's windmills in 2020 and try to keep this board alive with a few solid posts or contributions of threads.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Dec Mon 23, 2019 2:08 am

catchafew wrote:WCF was my first online forum I participated in of any type and of which I made 99% of my posts. I believe I started in 2011 and there were a lot of colorful characters, some funny, juvenile drama but lots of camaraderie at Deep Lake tourneys, ice fishing outings, Whalon lake and pond hopping on the weekends trying to look for some retention park gems in the far burbs. Lots of good competitive bass tourney anglers back then and I know many moved on to more serious tournament options that you rarely see posts from anymore and/or people live's get busy. With the passing of my father, his older WWII buddy and my friends of 25 years who never fish anymore I guess I vicariously live through your posts and have had the pleasure fishing and making friends with a few of you. A very small but tight knit forum upangler.com I used posted to finally shut down in 2019, it was sad to see.

I suppose fb is to forums as what AC, TV and suburbs did inner city working class communities in the early 50's. Before the 50's my dad told me that all the families from kids to grandparents would hangout on the front steps and socialize and there was a sense of community and now we'll all scattered to the four winds and self-absorbed with other social media outlets.

I don't post as much as I used to mostly because I'm not fishing as much with long work hours and family obligations but I do appreciate how Aux, Heddonfrog, Skifish and others continue to carry the torch with solid contributions and keep this board alive. Hopefully I'll be punching some holes soon, bragging and posting about some dink 6" panfish I caught to get my dopamine release and start the fishing and posting cycle all over again.

Merry Christmas, happy new years and to other occasions you celebrate this time of year! Let's tilt at fb's windmills in 2020 and try to keep this board alive with a few solid posts or contributions of threads.

Here-here Mike, Happy Holidays to you and your family, as well as the rest of you WCF ragamuffins and hooligans.

On another note, I'm still holding out hope some lakes/ponds will open back up before January and I'll get to soak a line in open water rather than a hole and I'll squeeze one last 2019 fish out
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Dec Mon 23, 2019 2:09 am

mike son wrote:Where do I buy my "Make WCF Great Again" hat?

:lol: Good one Mike_son
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Skifish1 » Dec Mon 23, 2019 5:17 am

catchafew wrote:WCF was my first online forum I participated in of any type and of which I made 99% of my posts. I believe I started in 2011 and there were a lot of colorful characters, some funny, juvenile drama but lots of camaraderie at Deep Lake tourneys, ice fishing outings, Whalon lake and pond hopping on the weekends trying to look for some retention park gems in the far burbs. Lots of good competitive bass tourney anglers back then and I know many moved on to more serious tournament options that you rarely see posts from anymore and/or people live's get busy. With the passing of my father, his older WWII buddy and my friends of 25 years who never fish anymore I guess I vicariously live through your posts and have had the pleasure fishing and making friends with a few of you. A very small but tight knit forum upangler.com I used posted to finally shut down in 2019, it was sad to see.

You are a very good writer sir, and a fine fisherman! A natural journalist.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Fonzie » Dec Mon 23, 2019 4:57 pm

RonG wrote:Ah, sometimes I wonder where all those wonderful alum of the wildwestworld of CLF have gone. I imagine Big Saw is long gone from his self-destructive dietary and smoking habits, compounded by anger management issues. Bossman is likely incarcerated, for sure would have lost all driving privileges by now. Strangely, he always saw his liver as unnecessary as his appendix. Washhusky would be sporting the awesome clothing style of a straight jacket by now. ZombieFish has vanished but lives on rent-free in the skulls of his oppugners. Yesterday I just spoke to someone who had just spoken with Bassin Larry a few days ago, so at least one old CLF member is alive and well. 'Sorry for the others not mentioned, but equally legends.

Ron G.
A great, funny post you made !

FYI, bigsaw {Bob]} passed away quite awhile ago...
Guys like bassinlarry {who is hilarious}, Superfluke, Walleye_71, Larry Legend, are still all out there fishing AFAIK.

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.
Fonzie
Game Fish

Postby badger75 » Dec Thu 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Rambler wrote:
"So you're either an old fart too or you've realized that FB is the devil's spawn."

I guess I qualify for both.

What a great thread.
badger75
Fishing Czar

Postby Fishy Bitch » Feb Wed 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Left there after Blufloyd passed or about. Some good times there and some shitty arguments I probably shouldn't have stooped down to. First day on this site and a lot of familiar names. I was formally known as Nitebite but I can't register it here for some reason. Hopefully all is well here.
Fishy Bitch
Pan Fish

Postby Rambler » Feb Wed 19, 2020 6:30 pm

I'll go out on a limb & welcome you to WCF. What kept you?
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Fishy Bitch » Feb Wed 19, 2020 8:34 pm

The first few times I was lurking and it didn't look like I was missing much. There's just not a lot out there anymore. I really need to feel the thump on those days I can't fish, this is like therapy that I quit a long time ago. How do I post pics?
Fishy Bitch
Pan Fish

Next

Return to WindyCityTavern