A missive from CLF for the ages

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: A missile from CLF for the ages

Postby RonG » Feb Thu 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Rambler wrote:This just keeps getting weirder. :lol:

More and more guys were jumping in with their freaky fish pics and a few even graduated with a CLF bachelor's degree in digital graphic arts.

Including WCF's very own Navyfisher

Navyfisher wrote:Zombie your first post sparked my imagination, had 10 Minutes to spare and some mad PS skills.

navy.jpg

PoorBoy put a crown on himself for his avatar for some unclear egomaniacal reason.

pb avatar.jpg

Now banned for life on CLF. Where's your crown King Nothing?

pbisaqueenie.jpg

Big saw went fishing with Poorboy one day, then he posted this photo in his report. I think Poorboy created this dandy too.

big winner.JPG

Crappy job done with those drawings of strange looking perch. All that work and he didn't even bother photoshopping out the pregnancy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Re: A missive from CLF for the ages

Postby Rambler » Feb Thu 27, 2020 12:39 pm

As I said...
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » Feb Thu 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Funniest thread since cranked talked his repo days and 10 tacos for a $1.

Sounds like the wild west on clf back in the days, shame I missed out on the entertainment.

Keep it rolling...
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Thu 27, 2020 1:51 pm

catchafew wrote:Keep it rolling...

Only 19 pages to catch up to P-Fly's GAS thread :lol:
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Feb Thu 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Rambler wrote:As I said...

big saw's NRA hat probably has you wanting to shoot your screen by now

idiotrodgers.jpg

Sadly, now we're plagued with school and workplace shootings. Back then folks just shot their CLF screen. :thumbup: Everyone had it on, ALL of the time.

officeboots.jpg

Special Ed + SmalliesNEyes wrote:the dirty floating tavern

I didn't think much of this when I first typed it, but this has to be made permanent! <<where's the dancing banana emoticon??>>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Phil6 » Feb Thu 27, 2020 3:30 pm

big saw wrote:The dept. of public health and the Dept. of motor vehicles has issued the results of an ongoing study concerning drinking and driving. The study concluded that 23% of all accidents caused during the holidays are caused by drinking alcoholic beverages.

That means that 77% are caused by idiots drinking juices, bottled water, pop, energy drinks and the like. So have a beer and be safe !

big saw wrote:Does the chicken liver have to be a brand name like "Purdue" or can I use the less expensive one at the fruit market ? Also will baby smallmouth eyeballs work if they are soaked in chicken liver juice ?

lol this dude rocks.

Every trolls dream is to have threads made in their honor years later
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Thu 27, 2020 3:40 pm

RonG wrote:One of the moderators instead of punishing the German poster for insulting, got excited and added his pro-Nazi praise to the thread. Yikes!! :shock: :shock: Never a dull day on CLF back in the wonder years.

Reminds me of years ago when I worked with a German woman. She was going back to Germany to attend an industry conference. I told her to be on the lookout for a guy I'd reported to at a previous employer - a real piece of work. Told her he was a 'Scheisse kopf.' She said, 'no we don't say that, we say 'sheisse korp' - no one can just have a shit head - they need to have an entire body made of shit'. That made me laugh.

BTW - in Germany the asshole who posted the neo-Nazi crap would be hunted down & imprisoned.

Woohoodude11 wrote:Only 19 pages to catch up to P-Fly's GAS thread

Oh Jesus no! Don't let it go on that long! Can't believe I created this monster.

RonG wrote:big saw's NRA hat probably has you wanting to shoot your screen by now

Nice irony in that one Ron.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Feb Thu 27, 2020 4:04 pm

Rambler wrote:BTW - in Germany the asshole who posted the neo-Nazi crap would be hunted down & imprisoned.

Do you think they should be here as well?
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Thu 27, 2020 4:09 pm

Phil6 wrote:lol this dude rocks.

Phil6 wrote:Do you think they should be here as well?

Bye bye big saw hello little dremel
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Thu 27, 2020 4:29 pm

Phil6 wrote:
Rambler wrote:BTW - in Germany the asshole who posted the neo-Nazi crap would be hunted down & imprisoned.

Do you think they should be here as well?

No, I support the 1st amendment. The open, free exchange of ideas & information is the best way for people to educate themselves.

But Germany had a highly negative experience with the far right 70 + years ago & consequently they have zero patience for that nonsense.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Feb Thu 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Woohoodude11 wrote:Bye bye big saw hello little dremel

Yes, there was a little dremel on CLF. His son was there and went by the name Saw Boy. He didn't post much, probably too embarrassed of his dad. I never knew what the 'saw' reference meant. Did they love those Saw movies? A bit out of shape to be a lumberjack. Anyone know what their obsession with saws was?? Matt? Fonzie? Anyone?

Rambler wrote:No, I support the 1st amendment. The open, free exchange of ideas & information is the best way for people to educate themselves.

But Germany had a highly negative experience with the far right 70 + years ago & consequently they have zero patience for that nonsense.

Bow to your leader, bassinlarry. (Hitlar)

hitlar.jpg

There is really nothing under the sun anyone can bring up or discuss, that there isn't an old CLF photo for.

Next episode: the Perch King
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Fishy Bitch » Feb Thu 27, 2020 7:19 pm

I can't remember if it was a verb meaning he saw something big or a noun like that's what he brushed his teeth with.

Maybe there should be a Rapala give away for the correct answer.
Fishy Bitch
Pan Fish

Postby RonG » Feb Thu 27, 2020 8:26 pm

Fishy Bitch wrote:Maybe there should be a Rapala give away for the correct answer.

How about a Shrimp Rap? That's the lure we named in honor of big saw. He used to expound that when the Shad Rap bite for perch was hot, it was because the 3/8" long diporeia shrimp were dying from the heat and s fast ripped Shad Rap reminded the perch of these tiny, tiny shrimp in their death throes.

big saw once wrote:and tiny fresh water shrimp cannot tolerate the warmer temps. As a result many begin to die and /or leave to deeper water. As they begin to die and start to sink the twitching they do can be imitated by a shad rap ripping motion. Hence a good perch bite.

How about maybe it's called a Shad Rap because it looks like and mimics a Shad? Seriously, this is the crap we argued over nonstop. I feel dumb arguing over the stupidity, but I just couldn't take that same stupidity. We had a several year run making Shrimp Rap jokes at his expense so that was a positive thing. :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He continued spewing knowledge, saying that once the shrimp were gone, you could drag a night crawler across the bottom and that would mimic a freshly molted crayfish and trick the perch into biting. How about they hit it because it's a worm, and almost all fish can't get enough worms?? :evil:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Fonzie » Feb Thu 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Like others have stated, somebody's online persona is MUCH different than the person is in real life.
I've fished with plenty of guys from both CLF and CTA and never had a bad experience, in fact all of my outings were either very good or even outstanding...

SmalliesNEyes posted about his trips with Washhusky, and how different the guy was in person. Even though I don't think I've met Andy, I agree with SmalliesNEyes 100% on this point.

bigsaw {who I considered a friend and fished with many times} would post nonsense in the guise of fishing knowledge to rile people up. He would pontificate and post crazy stuff just to get a reaction. He did not believe nor practice the crazy techniques he posted about ...

I remember him writing about how good LG smallies are fried in butter and onions :shock: . {fwiw,I do have a hazy memory of RonG's and Bigsaw's various altercations}.

Even PeterB, who took one HELL, and I do mean HELL of a beating on CLF is a decent guy in person...

I look back at my old posts on CLF from 10-15-20 years ago and smile to myself. Sure, I was a little too effusive in my praise at times, but at least I was not an a$$hole to people like so many other guys were.

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.
Fonzie
Game Fish

Postby RonG » Feb Fri 28, 2020 1:21 am

The Perch King

The Perch King appeared out of nowhere and started posting reports from Lake Michigan. His modus operandi was to dress in flannel and pose for photos with a perch dangling from each of his hands and because of this many found him to be annoying. But they were probably just jealous. The nasty anglers probably were not even aware how their jealousy effected their behavior. Jealousy was the hormone that drove CLF and the other Chicago fishing sites.

barpk2.jpg

PoorBoy couldn't stop talking about him, revealing a likely jealousy issue. I think this led to PB to wear that dumb crown. "Hey! I'm the king of Lake Michigan, not this punk kid!"

The Perch King was a true ghost. He hopped from harbor to harbor, but no one knew him. No one fished with him, or ever saw him fishing. Some didn't believe his success other than the two fish he'd pose with. But he always ended his fishing reports with photos of rows of perch lined up on the stainless steel prep table of that restaurant where he worked. An evil spirit or a perch slaying machine, true history or a mystery, you decide. Zombie Fish saw many things no one else could see and seemed to run into him all the time with his magic camera and added those pics to many threads in context to what was being discussed. (or argued)

pb2-1.jpg

robby3.jpg

2411933564_8f80c6ed0a.jpg
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Feb Fri 28, 2020 1:24 am

row2.jpg

stocks2.jpg

rollc2.jpg

pjk.jpg

Next up: Angler Ed
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SpecialEd » Feb Fri 28, 2020 8:25 am

WCF waiting patiently for RonG AKA "Grampa G" to give us our next episode of the CLF documentary: "Grown Men Behaving Badly"

SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Fri 28, 2020 1:48 pm

^Yup!!!
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Feb Fri 28, 2020 2:58 pm

SpecialEd wrote:WCF waiting patiently for RonG AKA "Grampa G" to give us our next episode of the CLF documentary: "Grown Men Behaving Badly"

That was most everyday. I'm not sure of which bad behavior you are asking for. It can be broken down into different groups like

non-stop disagreeing and arguing :yawn:
hostile attacks :evil:
pranks and clowning around :clap:
married men behaving as homosexuals (the dirty floating tavern crew, on and off the ice) :thumbdown:

I made known that I hated and was annoyed with their gay stuff and thought it was dragging the site down, maybe why that bunch hated me.
"With respect to this, they think it strange of you not running with them into the same overflow of debauchery, speaking evil of you" 1 Pet. 4:4

There was always enough of something to drive individual anglers away. At the same time, the festivities brought up the viewership.

I've focused on the fun so far and not too much of the ugly. It would be lame for me to go off much more than I already have, ripping those that don't even know they are being discussed or the deceased. Looking back on this thread, it seems a little picture-heavy. I've forgot so much of the ugly and it turned my stomach reading some of the stuff written about me the other night over there on CLF. I also cringe reading some of my old words. Who was that guy?

I'm running out of content that I'd care to post. Everyone is welcomed to help out some. :idea: :mrgreen:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby mike son » Feb Fri 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Ha this thread is great. Been reading it the last few days, who knew a bunch of old farts were professional trolls. Kids these days got nothing, they just call me a "f****** f*****" and drop a few crass statements about my mother on call of duty :lol:
mike son
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » Feb Fri 28, 2020 7:03 pm

Twister Tales

SpecialEd wrote:WCF waiting patiently for RonG AKA "Grampa G" to give us our next episode of the CLF documentary: "Grown Men Behaving Badly"

'Not sure if this is something like what you were looking for, but I had a huge problem with the moron bunch trying to twist my words or imply my motives to try to get me kicked off. (they did this to others too) So bad, that once Nikster posted a story of meeting me at the lakefront and how unpleasant the conversation was. Sorry, but I never met the guy! You may have seen Obama on your screen dude :lol: , but you never saw me. They could never beat us with words, facts or fish landed, so they resorted to full-blown malicious fairy tales.

Background on the perch thing:
Plunc, perthonthis, Courtneylovesperch and a few others were having smashing success using artificials for perch. I had a fascination with their reports and an open mind so decided to give it a try. I already had the jigging skills needed for it and I crapped my pants when I saw my initial results. So enthused, there's a thread on CTA called "Using Artificials for Perch" that I started where I shared tips on all the various lures and techniques I experimented with. It was one of those GAS threads that went on for page after page, lots of interest, lots of responses, zero negativity and the view count was in the billions. :lol:

Just the opposite response from the Pharisees on CLF. So obvious was their scorn and their murderous hearts. If we shared our enthusiasm of our success or compared what we were catching to the other anglers we saw near at the "front of the lake", they tried to poison the members that "we were belittling anyone who didn't fish like us or who still used live bait." We reveled and teased a little, but at least for me, I was egg-static, and just wanting help anyone willing to listen and improve their results. My alliance with Courtney probably was a big part of their problem with me.

Background on this particular boring story:
I met this angler while fishing and we quickly became friends. I think it was the day me and Chuck Norris shot this video that everyone here has seen 27 times.

https://youtu.be/HIp3CX9CxME

He was a minnow-head, but the artificials posts he saw on CLF + what he witnessed me doing from my kayak caught his attention big-time and he promised me next time out, he'd leave his bait at home. Anyhow, he didn't keep his word and came with the minners, found a school of perch and he and his clan caught 100 fish. He started a thread called "Sorry, RonG" because he didn't keep his word and also to to rub it in a little about how many he caught with minnows. No need to apologize to me, I replied. The guy can fish with whatever he wants and the back and forth posts were friendly.

Bunker25's thread "Sorry RonG"

bunker25 wrote:But I had a change of heart on my 45 minute dive into the city this morning. I took the detour and stopped at Henry's for my crutch and I have to say I am glad that I did. I fished at 4 different locations before finally settling on a spot that producted like nothing I have seen this spring/summer. I was getting a bite on every cast. I called a friend of mine and he came over to join me and my son and he did well. He is of the mindset that using minnows is cheating. As a result he caught about 1 fish to every 5 I caught. We had a great time. It got to the point that I was only keeping 11+" fish. We must have caught over 100 as a small group. All morning, it never slowed. Great day. Only question, were is everyone?
bunk fish.jpg

bunker25 wrote:I did break my crutch (ran out of minnows) and was forced to use plastics. Boy did the bite slow down. Then I found two minnows on the ground and the bite picked right back up. I think the moral of the story is I am just not very good with plastics, yet. I will continue to practice in an effort to compete with the almighty Courtney. Some day maybe.

Every thing was good. No arguing. No put downs. Just a few friends complementing eachother. Like the great geyser, Old Faithful, local :crazy: yokal erupts with his vitriol. Mind you, he never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever goes downtown fishing for perch but always felt it was his authority to dictate what could be discussed and to give his Twister Tales of what all my motives and words meant."

local :crazy: yokal wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The guy has a great day catching both numbers and size, one most shore bound perch anglers live for and yet feels he has to apologize for using live bait. The seeds of CLP continue to be nutured and take root.
Bunker, despite what some here would have you believe, live bait is not a crutch, it is another tool for catching fish. Learn all you can about using artificials to catch perch but you should never feel like not using them exclusively should some how make your accomplishment seem some how less and call for an apoligy. A crutch is something you do /use when you ignore what is going on around you and woud rather go fishless then change tactics and do what it takes to catch fish. Some here want you to think using live bait is heresy and you are some how less a fisherman if you use live bait, some here just think you are smart to keep all your options open. Just the opinion of another perch heretic.

Of course, I needed to defend myself as I always did

RonG wrote:
bunker25 wrote:sorry RonG

And then...

localyokes wrote:a plethora of words and wasted his evening typing

It was a joke, sir! Bunker wasn't really apologizing. He caught a poop load of perch on minnows and probably was more rubbing it in my face than anything. How do I know that? Because I've fished with him. I care less what he fishes with and he cares less about pleasing me. It's a deal we made.

This is why this particular forum is generally haywire. The lakefront perch community is a tight-knit clan of perch fiends who are perching friends. They will go out of their way to help their fellow angler in person or online. These precious secrets could be horded, but it's readily shared because we are good, decent people.

Juxtaposed to these real people with faces are a clan of internet quarterbacks that either don't go fishing, or are fishing for other things elsewhere. Yet, they exercise their right to chime in on everything perch. Websters refers to them as perch heretics. They surely never post any valid, credible perch reports. Jealous of the success of the perch friends, they argue most things to the point of insanity. A stoic bunch, they see no humor in anything and any tongue in cheek sarcasm causes rage vs. the intended chuckle.

A warm invite is perpetually extended to get off your Hewlett Packard or Compaq and get on a breakwall and join us at the lake. Catch some perch. Post some reports. Post some pics. All talk, all arguing without any proof of your better ways is beyond stale and has lost all crediblity.

So I had given him a polite but firm reply, but slightly in the writing style of Courtneylovesperch, and now he's really off his rocker:

local :crazy: yokal wrote:And then the great Ron G said blah blah blah and that makes it all credible and the rest who are just tired of your incessant prase and babble when someone catches some perch on artificials and your constant digs when some makes a nice catch on live bait. It's not our imagination, we're not reading things that aren't there. Every nice catch on live bait or talk about live bait verses artificial, you chime in and make some off the cuff remark imply or out right state how much better a fisherman someone would be if they just gave up their crutch and stuck with artificials. If it happens to be one of the ones who didn't care for CLP you feel especially obligated to diss our comments as a wasted plethora of words and prase of the great CLP. CLP is gone for a reason and despite your earlier post it wasn't because of a few individuals who didn't like his style of writing.

RonG wrote:It was a joke, sir! Bunker wasn't really apologizing. He caught a poop load of perch on minnows and probably was more rubbing it in my face than anything. How do I know that? Because I've fished with him. I care less what he fishes with and he cares less about pleasing me. It's a deal we made.

This is why this particular forum is generally haywire. The lakefront perch community is a tight-knit clan of perch fiends who are perching friends. They will go out of their way to help their fellow angler in person or online. These precious secrets could be horded, but it's readily shared because we are good, decent people.

Juxtaposed to these real people with faces are a clan of internet quarterbacks that either don't go fishing, or are fishing for other things elsewhere. Yet, they exercise their right to chime in on everything perch. Websters refers to them as perch heretics. They surely never post any valid, credible perch reports. Jealous of the success of the perch friends, they argue most things to the point of insanity. A stoic bunch, they see no humor in anything and any tongue in cheek sarcasm causes rage vs. the intended chuckle.

Talk about crap and a plethora of wasted words. You must have a mirror in front of your PC when you type. You are becoming more and more like CLP every day, but I am sure you see that as compliment.

RonG wrote:They will go out of their way to help their fellow angler in person or online. These precious secrets could be horded, but it's readily shared because we are good, decent people.

Yep, you're the only ones here doing that, no one else here is doing that. Your the only decent group here. You just don't see that none of your friends see the need to put in some dig every time there is a post about perch caught on live bait.

RonG wrote:Yet, they exercise their right to chime in

Something you never do

A warm invite is extended to you as well to quit posting your digs about every live bait perch post. You talk a big story but you are the worst offender of your own words. My posts speak for themselves with details and pictures and I have no need to defend or prove myself to or fish with closed minded persons. The same jig and plastic techniques that work for your perch work for bass and gills in the local pits, I just don't feel the need to chime in on every post where someone caught some nice fish on worms, minnows, softshells or what ever and some how try to convince them the should abandon what worked for them and become a "better" fisherman in "your eyes" if they would quit using live bait. Now you can reply how my opinions are just babble and you don't do that, that you didn't say that, that all your bait bashing posts are inside jokes, but your post are here for everyone to read. You just can't let a good catch on bait go with out preaching your artificial agenda and in the process belittling their accomplishment - I guess it makes you feel like you are some how better then others. Blah blah blah, have a great day catching perch, I'll try to stay out of the frey, I have for a while, it gets hard as you chime in on every single post always with the implication that using bait is a crutch and every fisherman would be better off if they just wouldn't bring it. To all you perchers out there, good luck, do whatever it takes to have a fun day out there. Fishing is fishing, whether its for perch on the lake front, bass and gills in the pits, or cats and smallies in the river The only real crutch out there is in your mind when limit yourself and feel the need to give some ones great catch a "yah that was a nice catch, BUT if you had only caught them the way I fish you would be a better fisherman"

Big saw sees blood in the water from local :crazy:yokal's attacks and jumps in with three separate posts of really nasty attacks. All of this over a nice fishing report and two friends talking to each other. I really got sick of their Twister Tales of trying to put words in my mouth that I never said. I did not "attack anyone who posted a report of using live bait." It was all lies, just Twister Tales in his raging brain. He and big saw tried so hard. Such a couple of tools. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Later on WCF, the first time local :crazy:yokal saw me post something after he joined, he just popped off, with a big tirade in ALL CAPS, calling me some kind of cyber stalker. It was like the day Nikster saw a pic of Obama on his screen and his head exploded. Maybe now the folks here who were scratching their head at that time have an understanding of ALL :crazy: CAPS man. :idea:

Yes, this was daily life on CLF for me and others. Remember, I had quit that site long ago over the bullying and when returned, I did promised myself "never again" would I tolerate it. This is what you get for standing up for yourself. :thumbdown: But...now he's long gone. Actually pretty much all of the bullies are. :thumbup: Stand your ground and the force (and perch) will be with you. 8)

Next up: Poor Boy
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Wolfnight » Feb Fri 28, 2020 10:06 pm

Fun to read. Keep it going. I actually learn plenty on WCF, and try to give back. Tight lines all.
Wolfie
Wolfnight
Pan Fish

Postby RonG » Feb Fri 28, 2020 11:30 pm

I just realized I've been doing the Trump 'nicknames for your opponents' thing long before he was. He always uses those names that stick like glue like "Lyin' Ted", "Crazy Bernie" and "Sleepy Joe".

I doubt if anyone from WCF ever thinks of local :crazy: yokal anymore without seeing those crazy :crazy: eyes in their head every time. :mrgreen:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Feb Sat 29, 2020 1:52 pm

The PoorBoy Papers

pb avatar.jpg

PoorBoy is/was a complicated critter. A classic tale of good guy who broke bad.

History books have him starting out on Chitown (CTA) but getting the boot because of head-butting with the site's owner, Marc. Next he migrated to CLF and had a clean record there for a year or two. He is mainly known for prowling the southern end of Lake Michigan. I wouldn't doubt if he and his boat logged 100,000,0000,000 miles on the big pond. He seemed to do well, posting many, many fishing reports, some with photographic proof. Early on, some questionable stuff started like when he posted a Waukegan report, but he hadn't really been up there. He for years told tales of south end Lake Michigan "moonlight" walleyes that only he knew how to find. Everyone had a hard time swallowing that. Who knows? There are a few down there. I knew someone that once got into a school of eyes, ice fishing in Burnham harbor.

His brain was a sponge for personal info. He'd take in anything he could glean about you from online or from fishing with you in person and store it away. ie-literally anything, likes, dislikes, fishing info, family status, where you live, what you drove, background info and what you did for work. It was revealed later that he was a self-contained human sleeper cell.

After all the chiding I've given him in this thread, you might be surprised that I fished with him in his boat and considered him a friend. I first met PoorBoy at 1:12 in this 2 minute video on Lake Michigan. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/H6T7oNOnqG0

He's on the front of the white boat that fittingly says "Aggressor"

Fonzie wrote:I've fished with plenty of guys from both CLF and CTA and never had a bad experience, in fact all of my outings were either very good or even outstanding...

I never have had a bad experience either, but sometimes the crap comes later. PB saw me paddling in my stiff wetsuit and said he had a drysuit that he'd sell me. I said "sure, I'd like to check it out" but he insisted the meetup would be a fishing trip on his boat. We picked a day and met at the same place. Now he always swore online that he never, ever fished in the Calumet River. So where did he take us? To the Calumet River! We had a great time, each catching our limit of yummy perch. Mostly we talked and laughed at the CLF stories and folks, predominately on the idiocy of big saw. I bought his dry suit and all was good. I only wear it at night or under a coat because it's in rainbow pride colors.

Later on, maybe he developed trouble in his personal life, because he snapped and became one of the chief schmucks on CLF. The crazy boasting went out of control, unprovoked nasty attacks started and in his avatar, he crowned himself the King of Lake Michigan. He became especially aggressive towards a young shore angler, our protege Mplant1 as well as most anyone who fished from shore. Remember his boat was called, the Aggressor.

pbisaqueenie.jpg

He laughed, bragging of his catches compared to the shore anglers. It's not a fair comparison at all. Shore fishing, you are limited by how far you can walk (or me, how far could I bike) and how far you could cast. Usually, after the sun came up, the fish moved out beyond casting range and you were stuck. It was a little better for me in a kayak, but still limited to wind and wave and 2.5 mph to try to find the fish. He, on the other hand. with electronics and a big motor could zig-zag all over the lake, find a school, drop his bait down into the school, like ice fishing, and pluck out fish. No comparison at all to shore fishing, but he mocked and mocked and mocked.

Image5.jpg

So bad it was that Superfluke coined the phrase 'Vertical Meat Globber' to describe PoorBoy's methods and a pushback to his torment of us shore anglers. Mr. Twister Tale, local :crazy: yokal quickly seized the opportunity to twist our words to say we were insulting all people who used bait. Absolutely not true, but local :crazy: lokal was nothing more than a spiteful, filthy word twister who didn't even know where the lakefront was.

PoorBoy and Bossman tag-team ganged up on a guy called Finatic (Gary). It was so personal, so mean, and so non-stop. I never understood why CLF would let certain things stand and not remove those posts and boot off the perps.

Unprovoked, PoorBoy soon started on me. He was that sleeper cell of info on everyone. Online, he mocked me for what I did for work. He mocked me for where I fished and of course for me being a shore guy compared to him, a mighty Vertical Meat Globber. I was stabbed with his knife in my back. I fished with him, we had good fun and thought we were on good terms. Not so. Guys like him are really, really weird.

He was losing friends right and left by his own doing. Soon the thugs had to band together as they had no one else. Big saw, who he ridiculed non-stop when I fished with him became his big fat fishing buddy. He hung out more and more with the nasty Bossman. His execution was near.

Zombie Fish? or someone tried to rename him Pube Boy because of his adolescent behavior. I don't remember that idea getting much traction. He received a similar 'punking' as Nikster got with the Sesame Street Grover Incident. A photo of Bossman on the Fox chain was done up in the CLF screen colors and posted to make it appear to 'not be a photo' but to be a quoting of an old post that PoorBoy made somewhere.

idiot.jpg

The Demise of PoorBoy

More and more pressure was on PoorBoy to show proof of those "moonlight walleyes" of his. He succumbed and posted a pic of walleyes in a cooler that he stole from a Lake Erie charter's commercial website. A CLF sleuth found that photo on the charter's website and exposed him as being a fraud.

genuine.jpg

So ironic that this bully, braggart, mean mocker of Chicago anglers couldn't even catch his own fish and had to steal other's catches to be the fishing hero he portrayed himself to be. All of his fishing accomplishments were now in doubt as even being real. With all the uproar from the anglers he stabbed and everyone else that was sick of him, a verdict was reached.

From the thread " The Axe, The Chainsaw, The Decision""

the CLF Police wrote:It took me a while to finally make a decision on this and I'm sorry to those who have endured through this entire ordeal...
The following member(s) have/has been banned permanently from posting on CLF...
POORBOY

The following member(s) have/has been suspended until July 1st(end of perch season) from posting on CLF...
MPLant
BassinLarry
Zombiefish
All or in part for their complicity in the latest round of bashing...
I did not ban IP address', so all members can still read posts on CLF, but will not enjoy the benefits of membership... This was as fair a solution as I could conjure in my feeble mind... Truthfully, I had a list of 6 that could have gotten it, but I think I did the right thing... JKS

The other 3 given a short time-out really didn't do anything wrong except cheerlead boisterously for PoorBoy's ejection. I think they got punished to soften the blow of his permanent ban and as an appeasement to his 2 or 3 online fans.

It was a happy time at last. The Death Star was destroyed and the little Ewoks gleefully danced under their exploding fireworks.

mplant1 wrote: :thumbup:

Special Ed wrote:Maybe this will clear up the boards for some good updates on what is happening on the water outside the perching world.

fishnhunt wrote:THANK YOU!!!!

I COME TO THIS SITE TO GET REPORTS. WHEN I HAVE TO SIFT THRU THE BS THAT'S POSTED AT TIMES AND ESPECIALLY WITH THE MOST RECENT ONE IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO CONTINUE HERE. THANKS AGAIN FOR GETTING RID OF THE RING LEADER, HIS NEGATIVE INSULTS, AND WHATEVER ACCURATE OR INNACCURATE POSTS HE HAS MADE! THANKS AGAIN, DAVE.

ichthyguy wrote:I just don't get it? Why would someone fudge a report? I guess I would fall into the gullable group. Someone once tried to explain this too me and I did not believe it them. I do not know Poorboy, but I am sure some of the torment brought on this false post.

So long PB and questionable reports.

local :crazy: yokal wrote:Just wondering? Does a permanent ban of poorboy mean he can come back under a different persona like others have? Again good job {for the banning} :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ed, CLF owner wrote:poorboy was banned
If someone can be someone other than what got banned ...
You're right, others have done it and got banned as the 'new' person too because they came back as what they were before.

ildukhunter wrote:I hope this means going forward we can get REAL reports and information sharing

ChancesR wrote:A boat load of fish, I thought the limit in Illinois was only 15 Perch per person. Now Lake Erie that's a different fish tale at 30 Perch per person, especially when you have six people on the boat! Live by the sword, die by the sword.

blufloyd wrote:Poorboy was a Hoosier.

The thugs big saw and Nikster, of course, opposed his banishment and protested it. :roll: And that was it, he finally was gone! I have mixed feelings on the dude PoorBoy, but the knife is still in my back.

Ramp3.jpg

Next up: The Dog Days of CLF
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Sun 01, 2020 1:23 am

RonG wrote: So enthused, there's a thread on CTA called "Using Artificials for Perch" that I started where I shared tips on all the various lures and techniques I experimented with. It was one of those GAS threads that went on for page after page, lots of interest, lots of responses, zero negativity and the view count was in the billions. :lol:

Just the opposite response from the Pharisees on CLF. So obvious was their scorn and their murderous hearts.

Curious, I dug my post up on Chitown tonight. The real name is "Artificial Lures for Perch w/Pictures". The post count is now over 22,000, all with no bickering. It's amazing so see what the difference of moderating approaches between the two sites can produce. If I had invested my time and started the same helpful tip thread on CLF, a few dorks (and I know which ones) would have inserted themselves, taken a big dump in the thread and gotten it locked down, exactly what they would have hoped they could pull off.

Rambler, do you think this beautiful thread of yours will make it to 22,000?
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Mar Sun 01, 2020 9:54 am

Ron: I sure hope not. It's gotten too long for my limited attention span.

You've more than made the point that CLF was (is) a complete cluster fuck.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Sun 01, 2020 11:11 am

The Dog Days of CLF

I guess no one gives a rat's rear end about PoorBoy. Moving on...

No angler is complete without his trusty fishing companion. By far the two best dogs on CLF ever, were Cletedius's Riley and my Red Hot. They were the sexiest girls walking the lake front at that time too. It was always a treat when I'd find Cletes had Riley with him and she was a very good girl. Red Hot was good too, but a diva. She wouldn't set her precious little heiny down on the bare concrete unless I brought a towel or blanket for it. Then she'd get up and the wind would blow it into the lake. Then she wouldn't sit on it because it was wet. :roll: Very impatient too...she was always asking when we were leaving or getting up and walking in the direction of the car while looking backwards at me to get me to stop fishing.

Riley

IMG_20140310_097426_zpso2wljdjw.jpg

IMG330.jpg

Photos don't do her justice. I always loved her colorings. She reminded me of an clear coated electric guitar or bass made of some exotic wood. Really beautiful.

Red Hot

DSCF00011.JPG

Red could ID any fish out there by their smell. I sometimes have trouble telling all the trout and salmon strains apart, but if she was with me, she'd always bail me out.

3589.JPG

Red Hot and Riley were great protectors of us from the wild beasts. Like the Montrose killer coons.

16171.JPG

Just like me, Red got fat, old and grey. I see the belly scars from a tumor she had removed that I had forgotten about. Surprisingly, she still had some cash left after her procedure.

RH cash.jpg
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Sun 01, 2020 11:15 am

No crap. This is true and I'm not "fudging" on the date. One Valentine's day, I got home from fishing and saw she left me this gift. Such a sweetie!

8720.JPG

13795.JPG

Next up: Bump, Set, Spike. Hogan's Heroes Play Volleyball

:!:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Mar Sun 01, 2020 11:31 am

PS - all of this only serves to underscore the weirdness of the CLF updates I get. Which is where this thing started.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Sun 01, 2020 11:39 am

Rambler wrote:PS - all of this only serves to underscore the weirdness of the CLF updates I get. Which is where this thing started.

Leave the dogs out of this. You keep complaining. I told you you were not a good fit for CLF. You like things milktoast and bland. I bet if ICE raided your kitchen, they wouldn't find a single spice or seasoning beyond salt and pepper. :sarcasm:

=====================

Fonzie wrote:bigsaw {who I considered a friend and fished with many times} would post nonsense in the guise of fishing knowledge to rile people up. He would pontificate and post crazy stuff just to get a reaction. He did not believe nor practice the crazy techniques he posted about ...

I remember him writing about how good LG smallies are fried in butter and onions :shock: . {fwiw,I do have a hazy memory of RonG's and Bigsaw's various altercations}.

I don't know how he fished other than with a cigar in his mouth, but everyone believed that he really believed all that "fish knowledge" he spewed. It doesn't make sense to bring several years mocking and ridicule on yourself each time you expound on "National Guard provides lake temp readings", "Shad Raps" imitate tiny shrimp, "Gobies crank out some special sauce", on and on. A very weird man. "Knowledge is Power" said big saw over and over again.

Now, if it was a setup so he felt 'excused' to yell and swear and beat up folks, it just proves how sick and rotten of a dude he was. It turned my stomach re-reading some of his nastiness over on CLF the other night. Folks would say to me. "I don't know who he knows over there to let him get away with that stuff or who he's paying off (financially or sexually), but wow, he sure gets away with a lot." The site is littered with over a hundred instances of this:

edited.JPG

He'd post something really over the line directed at me, totally worthy of getting banned over when he knew I was online and that I'd see it right away. Then he'd quickly 'erase' his bile and insert the word 'edited', and say he never said any of the stuff members complained about and thought he was so dang clever. I guess the big dope (his favorite word) never heard of a screen shot.

Yes, dozens and dozens of these 'edited' posts are still there, dirtying up the site. Many are the original post of a thread that he started, leaving CLF littered with threads that don't have an opening post. Big saw was literally de-composing before our eyes.

Often instead of arguing his latest "fish knowledge", I'd simply post this pic as a reply to his stupid posts.
bonehead.gif

Maybe I should have had more compassion for big saw and his sad life.

loserwithnofriends_zpsgcnicrsi.jpg
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Mar Sun 01, 2020 12:37 pm

Yeah - I wasn't referring to the dogs. I love dogs. As Mark Twain said, " Heaven works by favor. If it worked by merit you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Why on earth would ICE raid my kitchen?

And you need to stop taking my comments so seriously.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Sun 01, 2020 12:49 pm

Rambler wrote:Yeah - I wasn't referring to the dogs. I love dogs.

I knew that, but your comment came immediately after the dog post. You need to stop taking my comments so seriously.

Rambler wrote:And you need to stop taking my comments so seriously.

I'm not. This crazy thread you started has brought back my 'clowning around on CLF RonG' brain. I'm just an actor who's gotten into his role. Wanna see my bassinlarry or local :crazy: yokal impersonations? Now you probably are going to xtra regret what you started here.

:arrow: Next up: Bump, Set, Spike. Hogan's Heroes Play Volleyball

~
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Woohoodude11 » Mar Sun 01, 2020 2:17 pm

I love that the OP here is having a "what have I done" epiphany and the rest of us are yelling MOAR :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Mar Sun 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Keep em coming Ron. They are just words meant for entertainment.

BTW, I think there was a separate subscribers forum that is not up anymore. I cannot find any of the good threads we had in there. Maybe if I was able to log on under my old credentials, but I gave up on that years ago.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby RonG » Mar Sun 01, 2020 3:10 pm

FishinMatt wrote:BTW, I think there was a separate subscribers forum that is not up anymore.

I was starting to think that might be the case because all I was seeing were subscriber fishing reports. I have vague memories because I did subscribe only once for a year. I think Ed said he got 17 cents or something every time you clicked on an ad. So I would click on one or two ads each visit and calculated I probably was making the site $200 a year or more a year. Every single year, I gave way more than a $15 donation by clicking ads, but got perpetually ripped by the thugs for not being a subscriber. Some elitist subscribers used it as leverage and I remember them pounding bassinlarry because he wouldn't cough up the $15.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Mon 02, 2020 2:18 am

Bump, Set, Spike. Hogan's Heroes Play Volleyball. Pt. 1

Some used to marvel how CLF's good guys always came out on top just like Col. Hogan and his band of misfits did

hoganz.jpg

while CLF's bad guys and thugs lost every war and looked as stupid as the clowns Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz

klink.jpg

There were two main reasons for this.

1) "The pen is mightier than the sword."
This one is obvious. These are fishing forums that involve expressing your ideas in writing. Every night while the thugs put down beers and pizzas and watched mud wrestling matches, the good guys practiced writing sentences and reading up on composition. While the thugs smoked cheap cigars, belched, farted and scratched their arses, the good guys learned how to connect words and apply things like satire, sarcasm, irony, metaphors, synonyms and hyperbole. All were required to know how to insert pictures of their fish into their reports. Bassinlarry was a demanding schoolmaster yelling "if we don't beat these creeps you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if we don't beat these creeps??"

puppet.jpg

The bad guys relied on brute force, swearing, name calling and threats of violence thinking that was the only way to victory in a forum battle. Big saw had the brains and fish knowledge of that team and was Mo, and the rest were all Curlys and Larrys. A typical hard guy's comeback was something like " You stupid little %^$! 'Think your so funny you *&^&*. Come down to the parking lot at Montrose and I'll wipe that (*&^* smirk off you're &*&& face!!!"

Bossman posted those words to me pretty much verbatim once. Big saw told me he was going to beat me up. At the lakefront, he carried this weapon he said was disguised as a cane or walking stick (can't remember which) and he was going to beat me to a pulp with it. After posting his promise of pain and suffering and knowing I had time to view it, he did another one of these...

edited.JPG

...before the admins saw it. Practice your writing or emulate the pros and you'll come out on top every time. Not all folks like to do battle, but for those that do, remember WCF is a designated safe spot on the www. Please don't do it here.

:arrow: Next up: Bump, Set, Spike. Hogan's Heroes Play Volleyball. Pt. 2
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SpecialEd » Mar Mon 02, 2020 8:34 am

SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Mon 02, 2020 12:44 pm

Bump, Set, Spike. Hogan's Heroes Play Volleyball. Pt. 2

Since these CLF stories are a tell-all book, this one is a big reveal. Some of the good guys may even put out a hit on me for letting this cat out of the bag.

This is reason 2 of why CLF's bad guys lost every war and came out like Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz

2) Scripting and Coordination

On CLF, regarding these dramas, the members were divided into groups. You had the good guys (us) and the bad guys and thugs (them). Then you had the passive viewers. Some of those loved the swashbuckling and would pop big bowls of popcorn to read it in the evenings. Some abhorred all of it. Some didn't want to wade through it because they were only there to steal info of where to catch fish. Put all these groups together and the predominant situation was cluelessness, including the moderators not grasping what was ever going on. The mods and casual readers couldn't tell an instigator from a defender. A perpetrator from a catchacator. A good guy from a bad guy. They couldn't keep up with the lingo that was coming fast like CDS, perch heretics, perch police, Vertical Meat Globbing, Chinese Deth Sticks, Perch Nazis, Zombie babble, bassalarros, on and on. I felt sorry for the mods when all the posts in foreign languages began. Now they had less time to spend with their families because they had to translate each foreign language post to see if it met the ultra-high standards of CLF. :lol:

The Little King wrote:guys its hard to keep up with every post on the site...if you see something that is getting out hand send Tubes77, Ed, Oz or myself a pm and we can take a look.

Why this stuff was so big and successful is that we were writing the scripts, determining the site's direction and deciding the next episode to air. It was just like the producers putting together another episode of Hogan's Heroes or a classic film release.

pup.jpg

All this scripting and coordination behind the scenes was seamless and basically unknown to the viewers. Being 13 years old again was invigorating. The good guys were constantly in contact with each other via phone, text, instant messaging, internet chatting and emails. New shows were pitched and different guys worked on different parts of the production. All we needed was to hire the extras (ie-catch the fish) and add them to our screenplays.

Other stuff that was scripted was simply online volleyball. I always said guys like big saw were as predictable as bluegills. It doesn't take long to figure out makes them bite every time. So the coordination would go something like this:

Bump) "You go post this" <and the text or idea was relayed to good guy#1>

Then So-and-so <bad guy #1> will for sure bite and snap at you in such and such manner

Set) Then good guy #2, you go upload this silly picture causing bad guy #1's thug buddies to completely lose it

Spike) Then some last pre-planned method would be employed and SCORE! Forum volleyball from a playbook!

These two previously discussed episodes used multiple members working together to pull them off.

Like this photo that was made to look like the political ad that never was an ad, that then changed to Grover

This fake photo collage that was made to look like a post w/a pic. (there never was any text--the words made to look like Poorboy's are actually part of the photo)

The chaos that ensued on these fishing reports and threads was awesome. Sometimes the whole site exploded. It was entertaining but not malicious or harmful. The only ones harmed were a few fish here and there.

Well, that was a big reveal. I hope you enjoyed it. This was not a fanciful tale of fiction...this was really what was happening. I really hope you can grasp what was going on more than the average CLF member did back in the day.

:arrow: Next up: An Introduction to Zombie Fish
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby HEDDONFROG » Mar Mon 02, 2020 8:27 pm

Shit I have a migraine trying to catch up on this thread :crazy:
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Mar Mon 02, 2020 8:28 pm

RonG wrote:The Dog Days of CLF

No angler is complete without his trusty fishing companion. By far the two best dogs on CLF ever, were Cletedius's Riley and my Red Hot. They were the sexiest girls walking the lake front at that time too. It was always a treat when I'd find Cletes had Riley with him and she was a very good girl. Red Hot was good too, but a diva.

Photos don't do her justice. I always loved her colorings. She reminded me of an clear coated electric guitar or bass made of some exotic wood. Really beautiful.

Wow. Clicking this thread today took my breath away for a second. I really miss that little bugger. Indeed, the good old days. Red hot & Riley were definitely the diva-duo. Riley would shiver & shake below 75 degrees & pant/overheat above it. They had us trained very well! She really only tolerated the fishing to have the chance to greet & address any & everybody willing to humor her & also because the giant field near the street was 1 of a few places that was big enough, & presented minimal threat of a ticket, where I could let her turn on the jets & turn her loose on her frisbee.

Every year these last last few, I say to myself, "self, I really need to find a way to be in Chi-land at the end of May/ beginning of June to revisit my harbor-rat roots & do the perch thing again, but it just hasnt worked out that way.

1 of these years, I suppose......
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » Mar Tue 03, 2020 1:22 am

An Introduction to Zombie Fish

Zombie Fish, a blogger on CLF, one day just beamed down from some strange alien planet and his very first post provided a very unusual fishing report.

Zombie Fish wrote:Went to brandnew lake and the crappies were home. The water was polluted. I was more aggressive than the fish but nabbed one about every 20th cast using only minimites (best lure on earth). Stupid cold N wind again. Only craps but thats ok because craps were the target.

I lost so many fish:::usually right at shore. If you were outside at suppertime and heard a man screaming that was me. minimites are great but lose to many fish (worst hooks on earth) The hook looks normal but I can't figure out why so many fish escape.

Crop circles are real ---dare to believe!

h-1.gif

Someone back then once told me that he imagined an emergency meeting of the CLF staff was instantly called. On the imagined conference call the moderators were asking "Did you see that report? What on earth was that?" "Should I delete it? The narrative sounds made up!" "Yeah, but he posted a pic of his catch!" "You numnut, there's radiation symbols on each fish and a big glowing eyeball! Looks like a fake photo. Do we allow that on CLF?" "I hate to delete the post because what if those really were his fish? He wasn't really stretching them to be longer or anything like that"

CLF had a potential problem on their hands and had to decide what to do. They chose to not axe him, but instead to monitor him, especially if registered to start trouble. Speculation started as to his identity. Rarely does some one new start out with a first post that is a fishing report. Quite a few instantly knew it was bassinlarry coming on with his 99th CLF persona. Others thought it through and realized bassinlarry rarely posted pics at all, he was a word guy. Next, came up Superfluke. He was a forum clown and he had the known skills to produce a photo like that. Personally, I never subscribed to the idea that it 'had to be somebody.' I lost count at the number of folks whose name was bantered around. Some suggestions made no sense or were non-posters. Towards the end of PoorBoy's life, he started jumping up and down saying it was me. On what grounds? Because I had put some funny Chuck Norris clips into a couple of my kayak videos? I'm not aware of anyone ever producing any proof that Zombie Fish was 'anyone'.

Immediately, Zombie Fish took off blogging and having strange daily adventures. There already was a CLF blogger, whose blog was called "Breakfast Time Bassin'". ZF seemed to spoof that title with his very own, "Supper Time Crappin'". Annually, there was a new blog started. The next year it was The Crappie Chronicles and the year after that The Zombie Fish Chronicles.

stonecrap-1.jpg

zc.jpg

All had the repeated signature line "Read the Zombie Fish Chronicles. You will learn things you thought you never knew." They are great reads if you are into that kind of thing. Some response within the blogs, but not crazy participation from the CLF members. Blufloyd (red mucillen on WCF) was his biggest fan, probably followed by 2sac and Fonzie who would throw in a comment here or there. He became a bigger star when he ventured into the Perch and other more popular forums. Even Poor Boy liked him.

PoorBoy wrote:Dude that post had me laughin so hard here in my office that I choked on my chew and then had 20 people staring at me wandering what the hell I was lookin at on my computer! Thanks Zombie I needed that.... :)2

Poorboy

Tirelessly, ZF contributed, day after day. Underlying themes included his paranoia of his world--lakes that stare back you, water witches, spooks, talking fish heads that followed him, gravity defying fish, humans and fish with no eyes and every imaginable strange looking catch of his. Zombie saw death everywhere and captured photos of dead fish, winter kill, reptiles, birds and road kill. Pollution was his greatest angst. He loved chicks, especially Gina Gershon, Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield (actress turned headless Zombie). He used the jealous rivalry between Sophia and Jayne as a metaphor for the forum anglers as a warning against fishing envy. He believed they are our future and loved children with all his heart.

Children-zombies-03.jpg

UglyKids.jpg

fishing21.jpg

Writing style: Hard to follow sometimes, a bit similar to blufloyd. I'd describe it as a blend of paranoia, hallucinations, mildly retarded, yet with some genius shining through the weirdness.

Politics, party affiliation: ZF was not a forum brawler and stayed out of the fracas usually. Zombie Fish worked very subtly on the side of the good guys as a catalyst and sometimes threw them an assist.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Tue 03, 2020 1:34 am

Gradually, Zombie started to reveal more about himself. This thread was started for the CLF members to tell what got them into into fishing.

Zombie Fish wrote:<º )))>< ><(((º>

wallidave wrote:except for carp fishing at the cemetery pond

i think we fished together as kids. Do you remeber little freak-show Jimmy?

I told my story here on my crappie blogg last week. i doubt if anyone saw it. Sorry to bore&snore you if you did.

i credit see'n the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show in Feb1964. Like all americans with a tv, that performance rewired my head. i knew instantly that fishin' was in my cards, in my veins and to be under my fingernails.

I started out with that wicked 202 like every other punk did back then.

zeb2.jpg

next morning after see'n john paul george & that weirdo guy, i went out and caught my first fish, a whopper cropper on a Beatle Spin. the corners of my mouth involuntarily reached for Lucys sky &have never come back down. Since then i barely have spent a moment without some kind of combo in my hands. (i only set it down to change lures or line or to wipe myself)

zfboy.jpg

With the modren rods reels line and the invention of minimites i only wish i was born in 2011 to have more time to be enjoy'n all the narly new fishin' toys.

I'm old now and soon will be dead. go fishin' while you still can. You could precede me.

Mommas, don't let your boys grow up to be Zomboys.
zlog.jpg

Read the Zombie Fish Chronicles. You will learn things you thought you never knew.

There's encyclopedia set worth of this stuff on CLF. I'll look for one fishing report that best sums it all up and put it up here some day. 'Lots of subtle stuff to catch if you were awake--just like the Ground Hog Day movies, every single day, day after day, the CLF main page said it was Zombie Fish's birthday.

I don't see any clues where Zombie Fish went He and bassinlarry were never kicked off CLF and both seem to still be registered. This looks like it is ZF's last post. A tune about salmon fishing and the great Chinese Deth Sticks:

Zombie Fish wrote:I'll tip my hat to the Tuna constitution
Take a bow for the CDS revolution
Smile and grin at the death piles all around
Pick up my surf rod and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get spooled again

No, no!

Don't get spooled again

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

whom.jpg

Meet the new floss
Same as the old floss

stt1.jpg

coldcrap1.jpg
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby FishinMatt » Mar Tue 03, 2020 11:27 pm

Ron, back then I always thought Zombiefish was you.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 04, 2020 12:02 am

Well, first he was bassinlarry, then they said he was Superfluke, then some other guys, and eventually they said he was me later on, but I never said that. I never heard from any of the CLF staff I was friends with of them knowing anything regarding ZF.

It sure looks odd with me posting all these pics and stuff now, but I am the CLF historian. :lol: I saved the pics way back in the day and have been poking around a lot there lately for content and more photos to add to Rambler's wonderful thread. Most of the pics there are still up to this day, except Washhusky's. He'd spazz out about something within hours of posting them and take them all down. :roll: :thumbdown: :crazy:

I loved the silly characters stuff like ZF and bassinlarry and the goofy perch and salmon forums the best--probably the only reasons for me sticking around and dealing with the abuse you got on CLF.

Now the hard one, the bassinlarry story. I can't yet find any way to put something together to paint the story of BL that would be coherent. I could post some silly pics of him. I could copy some silly text, but it was so in context of what what going on at the time, I don't think it would make much sense for anyone who wasn't there back then. He does deserve some kind of memorial here.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 04, 2020 2:01 am

CDS (Chinese Deth Stick) Updates

(CLF owner) Ed wrote:So far I am finding this thread to be one of the more amusing and from a sociological standpoint, interesting ones since I started CLF in 1998.

First a correction on this 11 page thread of a phony, non-existent lure. There are over 41,000 views! (previously I stated 20,000) 41,000 views on a one single fake lure!! By ratio, makes the GAS thread look small. What a successful post! :thumbup:

Tom C wrote:Well since I am knew to this Forum and just read about the CDS, I have no worries of being sent home for having one in my possesion, as I own Zero. Although purchaseing some of these lures would be great, I am under the impression that they are sold out, hard to fing or available to a few select fisherman. I have not read all 190+ posts here but would like to know how I could possibley buy some of these deat pile CDS's.

In re-reading it, also saw guys saying the excitement spilled over to the Lake Link site and there was a multi-page thread on the incredible CDS. :lol:

God bless America, CDS, salmon, deth piles, CLF and bassinlarry!!!

In the long CDS thread, I just found the text of the correspondence from that CDS ad on craigslist.
=========================

Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 09:04 PM
Subject: Re: Chinese Deth Stick fishing lure - $6 (22nd St)

I keep getting ask about price. That is not typing mistake. $6 for 1 $20 for 3. Greedy guy bought all my lures last time at my discount. Then he went to Wakegan spot and sold them to guys making big mark up price. Cho, my pal fishes there and saw it too.

Since hard to find lure I want as many fishers to get some not just one greedy guy taking all. $6 for 1 $20 for three to stop reselling so much. Color in picture is gone already. Mostly orange now. Makes no difference if fishing at when nighttime.

http://craigslist.org/about/email-relay
Please flag unwanted messages (spam, scam, other):
http://craigslist.org/mf/ad27a305182...468d6fae6ce9.1

===========================================================

:arrow: Next up: Another angler gets busted and banned
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SpecialEd » Mar Wed 04, 2020 8:31 am

FishinMatt wrote:Ron, back then I always thought Zombiefish was you.

Me too.

... or just another Bassin' Larry / Courtney Loves Perch / Perch on This / etc. psuedo-name...
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 04, 2020 2:17 pm

A Third Angler Gets Ejected for using Someone Else's Fish

I completely forgot about this one....

Recap: First we saw Bossman get banned for posting the pic of the 8 yr old kid's crappie pile and saying those were his fish caught elsewhere. Then his boatbuddy, PoorBoy, went down in flames for a pic of the Lake Erie charter's fish that he said were proof of his "moonlight LM walleyes." Bye, bye, losers! :wave: Then this guy...

This was in one fall's salmon wars, in the era of the Chinese Deth Sticks fever. The year was 2013, this is important! Lake Michigan's perch and salmon could rile things up more than anything. Lots of weird stuff going on. If bassinlarry, mplant, Superfluke and gang couldn't be beaten by words or out-catching them [no one could], losers were coming on with new screen names to do battle. Like this jerk:

xus.JPG

It took me a couple of days to catch it back then, but his name is "Larry Sux", spelled backwards. A guy who joined just to be a argumentative protagonist to bassinlarry. He carried on with long local :crazy: yokal-like tirades and ridicule. Of course, and thankfully, he was short-lived and got banned.

Also a very similar name was Xus Troll. To show big salmon could be caught without a bassinlarry Chinese Deth Stick lure, he posted this salmon he said his 12 yr old son recently landed.

Zach_s.jpg

Supersleuth RonG quickly detected that the photo was stolen. It first appeared on Wisconsinoutdoors.com with this caption:

"My son Zach's first ever king salmon caught. Caught on 92102. Racine Wisconsin
Dave Mogensen"

http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com/photo2.htm

I also found the same photo on the 2002 photo page of Lake Michigan Angler

http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/galle ... y_2002.htm

Remember, Xus Troll said his kid was 12 that year, in 2013, posing with the salmon. But the pic was in reality 11 years old! Subtracting, does that angler look like like a 1 year old??? :crazy: If it was his kid and he was 12 at the time of the photo, he then would have been 23. Does that look like a 23 year old?? :crazy:

Xux Troll was caught between a rock and a hard stick lure, and instantly was banned from CLF to rot with Bossman and PoorBoy. :wave:

bassinlarry wrote:But...but...but...What's gonna happen to lil' Zach Mogenson?

I have made all preparations to adopt the little nipper once the mods kill off his pa. Fear not, Xus, he shall be loved, cherished and raised in a spool free environment.

Your fishin' pal,

Bassinlarry

Now the really weird stuff that I just uncovered last night

Mysteries and Mayhem

This is confusing stuff, but follow me on this. When Xus Troll was banned, they took down his fraud report and pic and deleted his posts. But in another thread, I saw some things he said quoted and also found in those quotes, his fake son photo. He deleted that photo on Photobucket, and all over CLF when photos are gone you see this:

no pic.JPG

From that 'missing photo' error image, I was able to click or right click and back door my way into Xus Troll's Photobucket album. Only one photo remains there:

bl2013a.JPG

bl2013b.JPG

Was this nut job agitator was so obsessed with bassinlarry that he even opened a Photobucket account in larry's name and called it bassinlarry20? wow! Or... and I refuse to even think about this, but could bassinlarry have been been creating fake enemies to come on so he could argue with himself to create CLF chaos? Could both or either xuS Troll and and xuS yrraL in reality be the master-manipulator bassinlarry?

Or was Xus Troll so evil that he created the bassinlarry20 Photobucket account to make it look like bassinlarry was now manufacturing his own CLF enemies?? Heavy stuff, man. So reminiscent of the poison drinking wager from Princess Bride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL4c9gCRSKY

I feel some of the deepest CLF mysteries may never be known.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby cletedius » Mar Wed 04, 2020 3:46 pm

RonG wrote: Recap: First we saw Bossman get banned for posting the pic of the 8 yr old kid's crappie pile and saying those were his fish caught elsewhere

All true, but your leaving out the best part, IMO.
bossbas.png

After profusely defending the authenticity of this photo of the "12-13" avg crappie" as he reported, 1savy member, whos name escapes me, spotted in the middle of the pile about a 10" bass (assuming he "accurately" reported the size of the crappie surrounding it). When our pal was asked why he kept a short bass, the explanation went from it being a walleye ( keep in mind I think min. size for walleye on the chain @ the time was 16" or 18"), to it being a legal bass(14" @ that time,?) to the OP pulling the pic from his post for fear of getting busted because putting his own words to his own pic, he poached an undersized walleye or bass & posted the proof of it, himself!
So, to put it all together, He stole a pic & created a ficticious report that made the photo incriminating (had it actually happened) & then posted it online & vehemently defended its authenticity. Indeed, this is the special brand of stupid we all hear about.

Whatever happened to Darwinism?
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 04, 2020 5:25 pm

Bossman's 2-Headed Epic Fail

Bossman was quite a tool and one of CLFs biggest, meanest bullies. Very queer behavior too, jokingly bringing up the Deliverance movie's gay hillbilly rape scene at least a dozen times on CLF. Men who saw that movie have been been scared and traumatized since viewing, yet Bossman always thought that scene was a comedy or worse, he enjoyed it immensely. He wasn't all bad--being a racist and misogynist were some of his better qualities. He hated the "rag heads" and once posted a horrific photo spread of US soldiers blown up to bits in the middle east. Yes, headless bodies, arms and legs missing, brains, blood and open chest cavities. As much as I hated Bossman, I bailed him out on that one, private messaging him and saying "You gotta take those down, dude, or they are going to axe you for that!!"

cletedius wrote:
RonG wrote: Recap: First we saw Bossman get banned for posting the pic of the 8 yr old kid's crappie pile and saying those were his fish caught elsewhere

All true, but your leaving out the best part, IMO.

After profusely defending the authenticity of this photo of the "12-13" avg crappie" as he reported, 1savy member, whos name escapes me, spotted in the middle of the pile about a 10" bass (assuming he "accurately" reported the size of the crappie surrounding it). When the our pal was asked why he kept a short bass, the explanation went from it being a walleye ( keep in mind I think min. size for walleye on the chain @ the time was 16" or 18"), to it being a legal bass(14" @ that time,?) to the OP pulling the pic from his post for fear of getting busted because putting his own words to his own pic, he poached an undersized walleye or bass & posted the proof of it, himself!
So, to put it all together, He stole a pic & created a ficticious report that made the photo incriminating (had it actually happened) & then posted it online & vehemently defended its authenticity. Indeed, this is the special brand of stupid we all hear about.

Cletedius, your memory on this is impeccable and accurate. You're right, I've brought up Bossman's photo scam, but never really told the whole story. Concurring with you:

1) Bossman posts a real short report and says something like "crappies are really biting on the Chain" and posts that pic
cletedius wrote:After profusely defending the authenticity of this photo of the "12-13" avg crappie" as he reported, 1savy member, whos name escapes me, spotted in the middle of the pile about a 10" bass

It was the CLF adminstrator, The Little King

2) The admin sees the little bass in the middle of the pic and points out the illegal, undersized bass and questions it. BUSTED!

3) Bossman quickly deletes the pic and says "What bass? that was a legal walleye!" All is apparently over because the photo is now gone. drats!

4) Driven nuts that Bossman could lie, scam and cover his tracks so easily, I looked in my browser's image cache and see if that image was still on my PC because of me having seen it in his report. My cache was not a folder of images, but one big fat cache file. I don't remember how I did it, but the the pic WAS in my cache file and I somehow was able to extract it. It was like performing brain surgery to get it out. YES!!
devil.gif

5) I reposted his pic back into his thread and Bossman probably crapped himself. Chaos ensued and Bossman was flamed for being a poster dumb enough to post a photo of his poaching on CLF. :lol:

6) Now this pic becomes a 2-headed story and bites him with it's 2nd mouth

Pt. 2

1) The poaching thing died down. Yet, Bossman couldn't delete my posting of his pic and his bed-wet sheets stayed hanging for all to view. Months went by....

2) One of the good guys (not me) found the crappie pic originally appeared on Herman's Fish Pond Building Company's blog and that Bossman had stolen it. The fish were from one of Herman Bros' stocked and managed ponds and not the Fox Chain.

3) I told you the good guys scripted and coordinated, and we really did! Blago-like calls were made "I've got this thing and it's flippin' golden!" No one wanted to post the expose under their own name as we could foresee the chaos, then backlash and possible banning for stirring things up.

4) A fake new user name was used to expose and show the link to the Herman's blog. Bossman was outed again, chaos came :twisted: and Bossman went bananas and finalized his reputation as a deceptive, lying fool. So great when a big bully goes down in flames.

Some doubted that the story could be true suffering denial that some long-time poster they knew could stoop to so such a low. I think I even remember Matt being skeptical. Don't believe it? Please, please, everyone click on the link below.

Crappie City USA, Baby!

http://thediaryofalakenerd.blogspot.com ... date=false

I doubt if poor little Cam ever got an apology from Bossman. Nate Herman either.

Cam building the crappie pile, only for Bossman to steal it. Stealing candy from a kid!

Cam2.JPG

Cam, you truly are a great and honest angler!
Cam.JPG
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Mar Wed 04, 2020 6:40 pm

God, I'm so freaking sorry I started this...
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

PreviousNext

Return to WindyCityTavern