A missive from CLF for the ages

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: A missive from CLF for the ages

Postby FishinMatt » Mar Tue 10, 2020 8:56 am

Ed, that sounds like a truly horrible trip. I can periodically remember his Dad posting on CLF saying how proud he was of him and also giving him $ to support his lifestyle. Truly disgusting he would treat his parents that way.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby SpecialEd » Mar Tue 10, 2020 9:24 am

FishinMatt wrote:Ed, that sounds like a truly horrible trip. I can periodically remember his Dad posting on CLF saying how proud he was of him and also giving him $ to support his lifestyle. Truly disgusting he would treat his parents that way.

I'm not gonna lie, the fishing was pretty good and if it wasn't for the excellent fishing, the trip would have been a complete nightmare.

I'll admit, I dropped GPS pins on all the good spots we fished with full intentions of sharing even though he asked me not to. However, after some thinking and speaking with others older and wiser I decided not to do anything with them. I kind of just walked away from him and his fishing group. Hopefully, he learned the err of his ways and took to heart some advice he was given. Unfortunately, from the looks of his guide service website, maybe not so much.
SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Mar Tue 10, 2020 9:30 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Anyone else notice staying logged in isn't working today, and posts are disappearing?

Yes.
Thought it was just me.......weird
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby polishfly » Mar Tue 10, 2020 9:32 am

cletedius wrote:
SpecialEd wrote:
Then there was his attitude... I've never seen or heard anyone talk to their parents like that before. I've spent a lot of time with some straight-up a-holes and in all my years I have never heard anyone speak this disrespectfully to another human being. .

Did he by chance vacation in the bahamas as a youth?
https://youtu.be/zoNGRoTo-rE

^How I feel every time I'm fishing clear water and can see the fish but they wont bite...
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: A missile from CLF for the ages

Postby RonG » Mar Tue 10, 2020 10:51 am

Blufloyd (red mucillen on WCF)

Often, I'd ponder if one of my favorite songs was penned about blufloyd

Kansas wrote:He had a thousand ideas
You might have heard his name
He lived alone with his vision
Not looking for fortune or fame

Never said too much to speak of
He was off on another plane
The words that he said were a mystery
Nobody's sure he was sane

But he knew more than me or you
No one could see his view
Oh, where was he going to?

But nobody understood him
His numbers are not the way
He's lost in the deepest enigma
Which no one's unraveled today

But there's something he never told us
It died when he went away
If only he could have been with us
No telling what he might say

His typed words always reminded me of Farmer Fran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcvou0SAxZI

Blufloyd was a long-time popular member of CLF and was loved by many. Most had frustration trying to figure out what he just typed. The running anecdote was you needed a special decoder ring to decipher his posts. A typical report looked like this:

blufloyd wrote:Left Tuesday the 13 at 9pm. Got to Baton Rouge little after 10 am on the 14th. Shopped around and poked about.
Went out to eat crawfish with M_D and Rattlecork.

Choupiquer had to work Thursday so I looped the countryside then threw some shrimp in the gator bayou for
a bowfin or cat, skunkola. Little fry swimming about was what they were eating.

Thursday afternoon we loaded up 3 kayaks and headed to Fourchon the base camp for this expedition. Just west of NO, LA I got tapped in rear by new GMC pickup after a dogris in a Ranger made a U turn. Years of RC car racing and watching NASCAR paid off. I never hit the brakes and spin back and forth for about 1/4 mile. Banged my left knee but me and yak were fine. Trip down took a bit longer that way though.

That night we hit a culvert thing were the tide spills in and out of a canal. Little shrimpy things popping all over. Put on a panfish assassin and wacked the trout pretty hard. Gulp crab got me a redfish x 2. The wind picked up some more.

Friday prefishing in 25 knot winds wasn't pretty. Hit Grand Isle erosion control riprap and decided we had enough. Took nap. (sleeping is good in the bayou's) Went to meeting for the yak attack. Watched them make Jambalaya. (M_D, it was yankee style, it had maters in it.)
It ate good though.

Saturday hit the covert culvert for early action. Rules allow road fishing 100 yards from yak. Wind made that rule seem great to me. Got a drum. We fished a spot named for a toilet on island and no, it ain't called American Standard. I saw no fish so paddled over to a roseate spoonbill feeding and popped pix. Came back and suddenly schoolies were in session. 13 inch trout surrounded me. I got one. No skunk but they left.

Noonish we hit the culvert again. Nothing. Then lunch from a fine sponsor. Coleslaw, tator salad and Jambo part 2.
We skipped out early to hit the Dos Gris hole not far from the headquarters of PP07. Laid my left thumb wide open on oyster. Duck tape to rescue. Now not to get the Vibro or Vibrex or flesheating crud whatever...Paddled out to island no fishies. Choup and another dude headed out toward edge of the earth so I followed. Figured I could document their fall off planet with camera. Saw they were headed into redfish alleys so I opted for behind grass out of the 30+ knot wind. Sat there, figured out how to relieve my self wearing waders etc in a kayak, then surveying the new pillared road construction noticed the taletell splash n flash of specks. Put a few on stringer. Choup got them cornered off the tree top so the Greenland paddle shot me over to the 'spot'.

We wacked them pretty good but some were dinks. Choup finally nailed a big one and it was time to go weigh in. Him and Dwray got second in the slam and a check. I caught fish I wasn't concerned about anything else and no partner materialized anyway.

Sunday am supposed to run to islands at dark thirty.
Our host hit bars Sat nite so we got late start. But we did OK enough to get back in by noon.
Certain yankee in boat caught first and last fish. Patting self on back is ok on SPD weekend.

Bunch of pix. enjoy click on the green.

He seemed to me self-centered and totally into his own world like a hermit who lived lived way too long by himself. He could jump into someone's thread, didn't matter the subject, and make it something about himself. Suppose a guy posted about his dog or child dying, blu's response would look something like this:

hypothetically, blufloyd wrote:mmmmmmmmmm blu's got red beans simmering in the cast pot on the ol' cooker stove. added more garlic this time round. got em timed to be done when blu get back from bluegill wrangling. mmmmmmmmmm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never met him, but once almost did. I was spot hopping on the Fox, got to a new spot and was told I just missed blufloyd. He had been there and just left to do some tackle shopping.

There are those that considered him a sage. They must have been the ones with decoder rings. He loved (and loved talking about) his panfish and his Saturn Vue. 11,485 posts on CLF, 300 posts shy of the total of the site's owner making him one of the biggest attractions on CLF. He is missed by many and fished to the very last minute he had enough strength to do so. May his propeller cap spin to eternity...

cn32.jpg

:arrow: Next up: Zombie Fish hits the Big Pond for Perch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 11, 2020 9:50 am

Perchin' Amongst Perps on the Pig-Sty Pond w/pictures

I promised earlier to find a Zombie Fish report thread to rebuild and post. With 3 years of blogs and other scattered reports to read through, I think this might be one of the best. ZF left his normal routine of spots and blogging to hit Lake Michigan for some perch.

the thread:

Perchin' Amongst Perps on the Pig-Sty Pond w/pictures

Zombie Fish wrote:I take whatever I want and I wanted some of that boysterus perch action. So i went perchin' in [what I thought] was lovely Chicago. Pollution pig machines have ru9ined everything! they deserve labotomies for their hanus crimes. saw every kind of pollution imaginable and I even found a dead naked woman floating in the lake.

As sure as the sun will rise, the nuclear furnace came out to destroy the dermas and corneas of the unprotected.

per2.jpg

First, the pollution:

Hey stupid Mayor: You can put up 99 more trashcans in that spot. Your citizens are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut and will never use a garbage can. Educate your dropouts or electroshock their wino brains

per3.jpg

You ca'nt blame the bag lady for this one. Her obsessive hoarding prevents her from EVER tossing anything in the lake

per8.jpg

Bird obviously tortured to death by a sadistic angler. Use a garbage can next time Dilbert!

per12.jpg

Wendy's napkin, but not the kind she provides you in her bloody restaurants

per11.jpg

Ignorant winos. Maybe if you werent so drunk, you wouldnt throw your saturated sanny pads into our drink'n water. (you will only attract water vampires to our fishin' spots by doing this)

per7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 11, 2020 9:50 am

Perchin' Amongst Perps on the Pig-Sty Pond w/pictures, continued

Zombie Fish wrote:Dead woman in lake. Alcohol death or snuffed out by a pervert? you decide

per10.jpg

Chief perpetrator. you cant get this moronically fat without throwing thousands of fast food containers out as litter. It's you i know it is.

per1.jpg

Did'nt see any comdoms in the water. For sure, the Chicago slobs cant afford rubbers after buying all that booze and Wendys.

Fishing: was good. and fun except for the sadness over the dead lady. too bad fishin was done in Chicago's liquid garbage dump. minnows, not minimites. mite try the mites next time.

I went home with a few fish shy of a legal limit and hundreds shy of an illegal limit. scumbag poachers still prance around like tooth fairies. you know who you are!

per13-1.gif

per15.jpg

3 rock (star) bass were landed

per16.jpg

per17.jpg

RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 11, 2020 9:51 am

Zombie Fish wrote:
per18.jpg

per19.jpg

per20.jpg

per14.jpg

p1.jpg

no crappies were there to greet me... Poaching & pollution make me have really bad days. I need to fish inside a house of squallor as much as a perch needs a mo-ped.

zfperch.jpg

RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Mar Wed 11, 2020 9:51 am

PoorBoy wrote:Dude now thats funny! :-D

Poorboy

guppy wrote:great stuff :) I can't stand people who treat the world as their personal garbage can.

washhusky102 wrote: :thumbup:

big saw wrote:Great ruler too ! L O L Those fish on the top "judging by the ruler" must be 25-30 inchers. :shock:

markman wrote:Now that's a hell of a post! I'd like to take the garbage and shove it down their throats til they choke to death! :shock: Sorry, lost my composer for a second there... No matter what the reports I'm heading out in the morn! I fish where the tourists roam so Chief Daley makes sure that's clean!

Zombie Fish wrote:
big saw wrote:Great ruler too ! L O L Those fish on the top "judging by the ruler" must be 25-30 inchers. :shock:

I hope you are not saying im using a funny ruler, funny man. Perch are in the walley family and likely could grow to the size you mention.

Have you flipped the picture?

montrose052510b.jpg

It's a matter of perspective. Look at it now, doubtful one.

per21.jpg

I do not use funny rulers. Never be jealous of another man;s perch. Jealousy is a bad thing and can only make you make a boob of yourself.

sl.jpg

big saw wrote:Lighten up Francis ! :lol: Just kiddin'

RAPMAN wrote:Zombie that has been the best post since the late CLP.There was a little of everything in that post sarcasim,artistry,fish catching and most of all realism.EXELLENT POST thanks i needed that. :thumbup:

rybec2 wrote:Great post.!!!!!

mplant1 wrote:
RAPMAN wrote:Zombie that has been the best post since the late CLP.There was a little of everything in that post sarcasim,artistry,fish catching and most of all realism.EXELLENT POST thanks i needed that. :thumbup:

yeah, what he said!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Zombie Fish wrote:
Do the rock bass in LM have worms in them? The rock bass i catch in MN have them but they are easy to remove when cleaning them if you know what to look for. Normally they are in the shoulder meat right above the rib cage. Just wondering.

sorry for the delay - Fem-orial Day festivities are eat'n up my fishin' time.

Rock Bass: I never keep the ugly things so dont know about their worms. Call me a Shallow Hal but i only keep fish if they are pretty. dont care what the flavor or toxicity is. only go for the looks. Perch are very pretty and crappies are adorable with those beautiful eyes. Carp look homely making them only good for tire-iron beating practice & a toss onto LSD.

Fonzie wrote:ZF,
That was a sad and funny post all at the same time.
That Sophia Loren pic is a classic.

Zombie Fish wrote:<º )))>< ><(((º>

ZF,
That was a sad and funny post all at the same time.
That Sophia Loren pic is a classic.

Ah, Sophie! so lovely. Her envies were her downfall. sooo obvious, like an invidious perch angler.

Sad but today's the last day of Femorial day weekend to salute all the HOT Females who have fallen.

Perch are bite'n. Its up to you if you want to catch them. dont litter

funfishing wrote:posts on perch....references to the lady life....unique style of writting.....AND butting heads with big saw?????? I see CLP has risen from the grave and is walking amongst us 8)

Zombie Fish wrote:
getdanet1 wrote:More pics of Gina & Jane please.
Too bad Jane lost her head.
Mariska Hargity from TV's SVU Special victims is Jane's daughter.
No wonder she's a real hot lookin' tomato.

Only men should be allowed to wither. Time is the greatest enemy of every hot babe. Once a calendar girl, then that same calender gives you a Halloween face, then kills you.

Dead_tree.jpg

Sophie is looking sweeter than ever (ZF puk'n)

sophie.jpg

Jayne as you mentioned is worse for the wear.

jayne-mansfield-car-crash-1.jpg

ja-knee-sea wrote:Why aren't there any Zomba-Larro's????

Zombie Fish wrote:No that would be a very bad idea. We dont need to be start'n any of that zomba-larro talk here. Speaking of bl, where is he?

=================================
Well, that's it. Not everything on CLF was non-stop forum wars. Something in the universe was aligned for this thread & folk's were having fun. The Lake Michigan Perch and Salmon forums were the best place on earth to be. :thumbup: 8)
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby DasGoby » Mar Wed 11, 2020 10:48 am

AndrewR was definitely a jerk on these boards. What bothered me most was how he would pick on GeorgeW who at the time was probably a 20 year old kid doing amazing urban fishing with limited resources in and around Chicago.
DasGoby
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby mplant1 » Mar Thu 12, 2020 11:26 am

Hello old friends!

Good read. Miss the CLF days. Can agree 100% Ragas was the WORST to go fishing with. LOL
mplant1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Mar Thu 12, 2020 12:43 pm

mplant1 wrote:Hello old friends!

Good read. Miss the CLF days. Can agree 100% Ragas was the WORST to go fishing with. LOL

Holy shit lol. <------ Pezdek
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby mplant1 » Mar Thu 12, 2020 1:04 pm

Oh I remember you and everyone else. Will never forget the time Legend (Larry) went crazy because you caught all of his walleyes at his secret spot lol
mplant1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: A missile from CLF for the aged

Postby RonG » Mar Thu 12, 2020 1:48 pm

mplant1 wrote:Oh I remember you and everyone else.

What was I thinking? When I started this project, I should have tapped mplant for help. If I could remember A thru M of the the CLF chronicles, he could supply N thru Z.

Don't forget, this is the guy who finally publicly called big saw what we all referred to him off the boards, PIG SAW. :shock: :lol:

A big collective gasp went out across the boards, then a long period of silence. Would mplant be banned? More importantly, what wrath would big saw bring down on the then-young Mr. Plant? We were all surprised when bs's tactic was to play the womanly 'hurt card." "Oh Mikey, I'm so hurt! How could you say such a terrible thing about me? I thought we were friends and am cut to the heart you think or would say that about me. :cry: :cry: :cry: blah blah blah."

None of it sincere. Pig saw was angling for a banning. He also demanded a huge apology, but that's very hard to provide after his years of insulting and name calling towards so many of us. Hopefully big saw went to his last plate of drum and eggs without any atonement from mplant.

stogey man.jpg

A cruel, cruel man, that big saw. You know he put that stogey back in his mouth after forcing that under-aged fish to smoke it. :thumbdown: That's the way he rolled.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Mar Thu 12, 2020 2:43 pm

mplant1 wrote:Oh I remember you and everyone else. Will never forget the time Legend (Larry) went crazy because you caught all of his walleyes at his secret spot lol

Bahahaha. Great times.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Previous

Return to WindyCityTavern