Media created mass Hysteria

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: Media created mass Hysteria

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jun Mon 01, 2020 10:19 am

joetrain wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

Maybe something like this could be deployed. Not so many years ago in Chicago there was some protest going on and I think the CPD had these weapons out there.
What do I know though. My biggest disturbance last night was some cows mooing in a nearby field.
~JOE~
Pretty sure they've been using the sound cannons actually.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Jun Mon 01, 2020 10:28 am

joetrain wrote: My biggest disturbance last night was some cows mooing in a nearby field.

Similar here. I took the garbage out last night and the only sounds were an occasional car and I couldn't believe how loud the bullfrogs in the pond were.

Been hit hard by the looters, though. I had to chase a raccoon away who was trying to break into my garbage can around sunset. Scraggly little creep, not the usual fatty who likes hiding under my kayak. A chipmunk has been stealing the concrete from my sidewalk that leads up to my back stoop. He chewed a 2x4" hole right in the corner of the sidewalk. When I saw he was out and about eating maple helicopters, I mixed up some concrete and filled up the door to his home under my home. But yesterday he was back trying to bypass my patch. Lastly, the kleptomaniac looter woodpecker woke me again this morning as he is slowly flying off with one of my maple trees. :thumbdown:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Jun Mon 01, 2020 10:33 am

joetrain wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

Maybe something like this could be deployed.

I'd prefer they use the microwave cannon on those stealing microwave ovens from Walmart and Best Buy.

https://www.rt.com/news/weapon-us-microwave-cannon-363/

Ultimately, I would like to see in use the air/fuel bomb. (aka the "Flyswatter of God")
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby badger75 » Jun Sun 07, 2020 3:03 pm

I bet old man Daley wises he had one back in '68
badger75
Fishing Czar

Postby Aux Pleins » Jul Tue 28, 2020 9:10 pm

A recent John Hopkins study:

Screenshot_20200728-204836_Instagram.jpg

I work in Wisconsin, so now I'm not sure if I should work 1 day and go home and quarantine for 14days before going back to work for another day. Don't know if the boss will let that one fly. This covid protocol is awful confusing.

In all seriousness, hopefully everyone is doing well. My sons tball getting canceled was a heartbreaker, but totally understandable. Sure survivability is really high for the virus, but now studies are showing that 1 in 4 can recieve permanent heart, lung, or brain damage. Precautions are definitely necessary. Sometimes I feel like a teenager digging in my center console for a rubber every time I pull up to the store when looking for a fresh mask to wear. Yea it sux, but with an ugly mug like mine, the face masks aren't such a bad thing.

Dont stop fishing guys, keep posting. And feel free to share any honey holes, with me, via PM :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » Jul Wed 29, 2020 8:36 am

Johns Hopkins? WTF do academics know about pandemics? All they do is confuse things by spreading facts. :shock:
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Jul Wed 29, 2020 9:17 am

Rambler wrote:Johns Hopkins? WTF do academics know about pandemics? All they do is confuse things by spreading facts. :shock:

There's a classic cartoon about that.

Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby FloridaRigger » Jul Thu 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:A recent John Hopkins study:

Screenshot_20200728-204836_Instagram.jpg

uh oh, Heddon is going to have to remake his republican vs democrat states chart. He was right though, it is political. Don't wear masks and your state's cases grow exponentially
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby Brett » Jul Fri 31, 2020 7:09 am

Tons of people have been infected with COVID and it was never detected. We barely had the ability to test when the virus first came out. The increase on that chart is an artifact of our newfound ability to actually test people.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Jul Fri 31, 2020 2:47 pm

Brett wrote:Tons of people have been infected with COVID and it was never detected. We barely had the ability to test when the virus first came out. The increase on that chart is an artifact of our newfound ability to actually test people.

Sorry Brett, but this is 100% false.

Why are those increases being seen in some places and not others then? Why are New York, Chicago, and other very large metro areas still dropping, or just small increases being seen, and other states are spiraling out of control? Why do those states happen to be the same ones that refused to shut down as early as the ones doing better, and reopened far sooner, had less restrictions, and also have refused to institute any kind of mask mandate?

As you'll notice, I didn't bring anything political into this. This is simply a science and facts post. The increase in those states has absolutely nothing to do with increased testing. That's made up BS.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Jul Fri 31, 2020 6:02 pm

I don't think our points are mutually exclusive. The virus does tend to concentrate in different geographic areas at different points in time and our ability to test changed over time. If it was in Texas and Florida first and then New York and Illinois you'd see the same pattern with lower levels in Texas and Florida. I don't see Oregon on there with all the drama in Portland. Not to say there aren't other other factors at play. But testing capacity is a known one. As are inconsistencies in how a COVID positive is defined and counted from place to place.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Jul Fri 31, 2020 6:07 pm

I guess what someone should look at is death rate as a percentage of infection rate over time. If it significantly decreases over time that would support what I'm saying. I'm going to shut up and spark some medication now.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Previous

Return to WindyCityTavern